Post Match Leicester 2 bournemouth 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piece of piss, we made that look well easy.

Need to shoot more.

Gray looks totally unfocused and needs a rocket up his arse. RW is a position we need to improve.

Maddison’s shooting needs work.

Vardy spurned a sitter.

4-0 would not have been an unfair result. Quality.
Time to celebrate!

Gray looks unfocused?? Which match did you watch?

Fantastic performance by the entire team.

I kinda hope Tielemans goes off form for a bit. He's so good we may just lose him

That Kasper save....best one i think I've ever seen live.

Vardy missed a sitter but scored a fabulous header.

Ndidi back to his best.

Morgan had Wilson in his back pocket.

I've not seen us pass like that for absolutely ages.

Oh and special mention for the crowd. That 61st minute was very memorable. Lovely oil painting on the back of the clapper as well. I have an extra untouched clapper if anyone wants one.

Youri Tielemans last 5 games for Leicester... - Assist - Assist - Goal - Assist - Assist

And today's assist was millimetre perfect. Vardy found a tiny amount of space between Ake and Begovic.... and Tielemans landed the ball on a sixpence. Sublime.

I think I counted one misplaced pass from him today, one. The guy sees spaces and makes passes that aren't obvious, his vision is just incredible. He had me in awe a couple of times today.

Last edited:
I thought Gray was excellent today. He tried to make things happen all the time and he looked a threat. The whole midfield were excellent. The defence may as well have brought a picnic with them today as Bournemouth were appalling.

He was, by quite some distance, the worst player in our 11.

He has consistently failed to live up to the supposed potential that he has.

His position is one that needs a genuinely decent replacement.

Barnes has nowhere near the same amount of exposure to this level of football and yet his attitude, ability and potential is on another level to Gray.

Gray trots around, he does one good thing and then completely stops as if his job is done.

He's had long enough for me.

He was, by quite some distance, the worst player in our 11.

He has consistently failed to live up to the supposed potential that he has.

His position is one that needs a genuinely decent replacement.

Barnes has nowhere near the same amount of exposure to this level of football and yet his attitude, ability and potential is on another level to Gray.

Gray trots around, he does one good thing and then completely stops as if his job is done.

He's had long enough for me.
Well, that's why it's a game of opinions I guess. I thought he was excellent today and he scared them to death every time he got the ball. He was always looking to create something going forward and he also did well coming back and defending at times. I thought today, we saw the real potential that could be fulfilled in him. I'd be looking to establish Gray by helping him grow in confidence under a good manager rather than binning the kid off.

I thought it was his best games in ages, if not ever - in the right place time and time again, linked up really well with the three in the middle, and actually looked like he might become a decent player

But there you go, we all see different things - I might well have been distracted by the fecking annoying pointless stupid player stats being broadcast across the big screen all sodding game. What a load of complete shit that is

Fantastic performance and we have finally beaten Bournemouth in the Premier League.

Ndidi man of the match for me, he was superb. Tielemans...wow...he could get into any Premier League team. I’d be absolutely amazed if we pull that deal off.

If we sign Tielemans permanently, I can honestly see us pushing for the top 4 next season. I’m excited for the next season - the first time for a few years.

I really hate doing this sort of thing but I'm afraid I'm joining the Tielemans love-in. What a ****ing player. A complete natural. He has that way of doing things while giving the impression that he doesn't actually have to try. It just happens. Only the very best have that air about them. If his attutude is right he can go wherever he wants in the game. I just hope it's here for at least a couple of years. These types of player don't come along very often & even less so to clubs like ours.
Pay anything. Give him a ****ing share of the club if need be. Just keep him.

That cross for the goal. That was Mahrez to Vardy 2016. Build a ****ing team around the boy.

Gray put in 2 or 3 balls that were begging to be finished off, and was tracking back constantly, first half at one point he ended up off the pitch behind our goal to make sure Daniels was shut out, he didn't even take his usual speculative pot shot.

Rodgers will love him and will turn him into a quality player, the way he spun Daniels and left him for dead for pace was as good as any of Tielemans passes in its way.

Kasper's save from Wilson was superb though the striker shouldn't have given him a hope of making it

Gray put in 2 or 3 balls that were begging to be finished off, and was tracking back constantly, first half at one point he ended up off the pitch behind our goal to make sure Daniels was shut out, he didn't even take his usual speculative pot shot.

Rodgers will love him and will turn him into a quality player, the way he spun Daniels and left him for dead for pace was as good as any of Tielemans passes in its way.

Kasper's save from Wilson was superb though the striker shouldn't have given him a hope of making it
Serious question. Do you think sacking Puel was now the correct decision or do you think he was ‘on the verge’ and would have us playing like we are now given that few extra games?

Serious question. Do you think sacking Puel was now the correct decision or do you think he was ‘on the verge’ and would have us playing like we are now given that few extra games?

Personally I think Puel should be given credit for blooding so many young players. In terms of personal I felt Puel was doing the right things. Unfortunately his style of play and ability to motivate meant his results and performances were not up to scratch.

Puel was quite like Pearson. Very capable in some key aspects of management, but ultimately flawed and unable to do vital parts of the job.

We were really smart (or lucky) to go to Ranieri after Pearson. Ranieri could do all the things that Pearson couldn't but he inherited the infrastructure that enabled his success. Ranieri could never have built the structure.

Rodgers looks to me to have all the attributes that were missing from Puel. If we can make some really smart decisions this summer, we could have a real go again next year. I genuinely see no reason why we couldn't finish above a couple of the top six.

I think Rodgers is a bit like Mourinho in the sense that he impacts upon a club quite quickly and establishes the right mindset for a couple of years before it starts ebbing away. We've probably got two strong full seasons under Rodgers which we need to take advantage of.

Did you enjoy Morgan’s performance, Skitzo?

Firstly a word of praise for a Bournemouth player: I think Jefferson Lerma is one of the finest names in football. I expect somebody shortens it to Jeff but shame on them.

Goalkeepers do not get enough credit. Kasper's save at 1-0 was world class.

Many away teams "park the bus" at 0-0 or if they go a goal up. Bournemouth ended up parking the bus when they were losing. This was clearly not what they intended and was a tribute to our control of the game. We may have dominated but we found it difficult to break Bournemouth down. I thought Gray did well against this crowded defence and looked better than Ghezzal,

I thought Gray was excellent today. He tried to make things happen all the time and he looked a threat.

It is possible for both to be right. I hink Popillius has accurately summed up Gray's performance yesterday. On the other hands Lako has identified a major weakness. Hopefully the new management team will sort it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363