Post Match Leicester 2 Burnley 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they were very good, they defended well and played out well.

They worked hard and have some talent. I was impressed with them. They will win more than they will lose.

They play to their strengths. Nowt wrong with that.

Well, using your earlier logic, you could say that he did nothing today - apart from completely failing to do his fecking job and stop their player from crossing the ball when he had the chance to do so

Your blaming Chilwell for that goal? Ridiculous. Not sure how he had the chance to stop that cross coming in.
How about blaming our center defenders to failing to do there fecking jobs and not heading the ball away?

Some of the criticism on this forum is insane.

Considering that Schmeichel gave Chilwell a bit of a bollocking after the ball went in I think there might be some merit in the comments regarding the left back.

Your blaming Chilwell for that goal? Ridiculous. Not sure how he had the chance to stop that cross coming in.
How about blaming our center defenders to failing to do there fecking jobs and not heading the ball away?

You have seen it haven't you? It's schoolboy defending of the shittest kind. A proper defender wouldn't allow that cross to come in from there.

Considering that Schmeichel gave Chilwell a bit of a bollocking after the ball went in I think there might be some merit in the comments regarding the left back.
Schmeichel seemed very slow to react (gut feeling at the time need to see it back to judge) and it wouldn’t be the first time a keeper bollocked someone else when they should have saved it

So he should have done. It's not good enough to be so lazy when defending crosses.

Just watched it again. **** me, the kid just dangles a leg out to try and stop the cross. Anyone defending that shite that really should learn what a full back's job is.

Just saw it back on motd given the position it’s crossed from I wouldn’t expect Chilwell to be that tight to him as he was quite deep if anything there I would have thought Barnes should have been there allowing Chilwell to be in the defensive line, Evans and Soyuncu should have dealt with it, though they struggled with Wood all game and it was a very soft wrist from Kasper. So I’d say they were all to blame

Just watched it again. **** me, the kid just dangles a leg out to try and stop the cross. Anyone defending that shite that really should learn what a full back's job is.
Funny Fuchs does exactly the same thing all the time yet you never cried about that, it’s probably where Chilwell picked it up from

Funny Fuchs does exactly the same thing all the time yet you never cried about that, it’s probably where Chilwell picked it up from
Because he doesn't. Which is why he's a better defender. But apart from that, good point, yeah.

Because he doesn't. Which is why he's a better defender. But apart from that, good point, yeah.
He does exactly that move to block a cross it’s almost a carbon copy of what Fuchs does.

You’ve decided Chilwell can do no right and it’s pathetic

He does exactly that move to block a cross it’s almost a carbon copy of what Fuchs does.

You’ve decided Chilwell can do no right and it’s pathetic
Step down off your high horse and stop being so childish. Silly name calling won't change the fact that he has been rubbish this season. He was very good for the most part of last season until the last few games where he was poor and this has continued. I'm not the only one who has seen it and its fairly obvious if you actually watch the game instead of trying to pretend you're an expert.

When he learns to defend or cross a ball, I will be extremely happy and give him all the credit he deserves but seeing as he can't do either of those two things at the moment I'd cash in in him for what we can get in January if some sucker wants to pay an obscene amount of money for him, and then we can replace him with a footballer.

I don't know why you take criticism of some players so personally sometimes, especially Chilwell. If I'm wrong about him, time will tell but at the moment there is little evidence that he's impactful going forward or reliable in defence.

Last edited:
Barnes is now equal 4th in the PL for assists, on the same number as Firmino, Silva, Salah, Mahrez and a couple more. But remember he's shit, doesn't offer anything blah, blah, blah....

If Barnes got the assist for that second goal Gray has been robbed!

Didn't think Barnes had a particularly good game but if he creates or scores but plays like that I’ll take it every week

If Barnes got the assist for that second goal Gray has been robbed!

Didn't think Barnes had a particularly good game but if he creates or scores but plays like that I’ll take it every week

got to agree, even if Barnes touched the ball for the second it’s stretching it to call it an assist!

Honestly. Go and watch it again.

I’ll say what I’ve said before. I think he’s an enormous asset who has set himself a high standard For himself that he is struggling to meet at the moment.

It’s possible Maguire leaving and him having to get used to a new partner on the left side of defence, as well as a pretty inexperienced player in front of him has been a tough adjustment.

I’m quite sure he’s quality. But he continues to have a difficult season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570