Leicester 2 Coventry 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop this "if we go up we'll be hammered every week" nonsense.

We've been playing fantastic football recently and have some excellent young players in our ranks.

One bad half does not define us as a team.

FFS, some people like to make a lot our of nothing.

:icon_conf

I know i've missed several games this season, but I think 'fantastic' is the wrong word.

As per my post above, I don't think any one team has set this league alight this season, and I think we've been kind of fortunate to find ourselves where we are. Several teams have under performed and we've been able to take advantage of that, not through being 'fantastic' though.

I hate these ridiculous over the top pessimists though. Anyone who thinks we will get thrashed every week if we go up, really really over-rates the gap between the Prem and the Championship. There are some very poor teams down there.

:icon_conf

I know i've missed several games this season, but I think 'fantastic' is the wrong word.

As per my post above, I don't think any one team has set this league alight this season, and I think we've been kind of fortunate to find ourselves where we are. Several teams have under performed and we've been able to take advantage of that, not through being 'fantastic' though.

I disagree our last 3 home games + Palace vs Forest, Cardiff and Scunny we have been fantastic. Defended like kings and played exciting quick moving football when going forward.

I think it's thoroughly unfair to call us fortunate. We deserve to be where we are 100%. Unless, again, people just continue to over-rate what we are up against.

He was crap. and probably the reason we played crap during the second half. Pearson had obviously given the other players instructions to give the ball to solano, who promptly hoofed it up the field. Not a single pass, just hoof ball. It was pathetic.

Did you actually watch the game?

I disagree our last 3 home games + Palace vs Forest, Cardiff and Scunny we have been fantastic. Defended like kings and played exciting quick moving football when going forward.

I think it's thoroughly unfair to call us fortunate. We deserve to be where we are 100%. Unless, again, people just continue to over-rate what we are up against.

We had a decent spell against Forest where we scored 3 goals. Aside from that spell we were far from fantastic.

I wasn't at the Cardiff & Scunny home games so cannot comment, nor was I at Palace last week.

In many of the games I've been to / watched and we've either won or drew our performances have been 'professional' - I simply can't post that we've been consistently fantastic.

That doesn't mean your wrong, and it doesn't mean I am right. This forum is all about discussion and we've both put our point of view across.

Our midfiield controlled the first half, but i hardly noticed Oakley King or Wellens second, i did notice Gally and Dyer dropping deeper hance "hoofball" (maybe credit scum for getting a grip of midfield second half), as long as we win midweek no real harm done, all this "doom and gloom" when we have moved up a place! As long as the team/management learn from this were ok . BTW if Brown had played 90 mins we would have won.

Some of Solano's passes were absolutely majestic today. However, his decision making was very off. On 2 or 3 occasions he went for an extravagant shot when a cross would've been a much better option.

I hate these ridiculous over the top pessimists though. Anyone who thinks we will get thrashed every week if we go up, really really over-rates the gap between the Prem and the Championship. There are some very poor teams down there.

I agree with what you say about the OTT pessimists - and I've always thought that the best and possibly the only way for the club to make progress is through a rapid promotion - almost irrespective of the outcomes.

unfortunately, i can't agree with your point about the gap between the two divisions. I think that it gets wider year by year. I fancied Portsmouth, Hull and Burnley to go a long time ago - but apart from those the other struggling teams all look to have some merits. Thanks to the parachute monies Newcastle and WBA have been largely able to keep their squads together - but then there is a big gap to the rest of us.

I agree. But today I would say that Coventry were absolutely terrible in the first half. Our build up play was decent but anyone given that much time and space should be able to create chances. The pace of the game was pedestrian in the first half, I was almost embarrased watching. The commentators were raving about us but I thought the standard of the game was quite poor. In the second half they closed us down and got the breaks.

The commentators were raving about us but I thought the standard of the game was quite poor. In the second half they closed us down and got the breaks.

totally agree

Fair play to Covscum, they totally deserved a draw in the end. They sussed us out. Second half I think the order was to counter attack, which is why Solano was knocking it long, but that just didn't work.

first half was great, some lovely stuff. very disappointed that something as simple as them pressing us 10 yards further up the pitch totally disrupted our play and we resorted to long ball. we need a better plan B when plan A no longer works IMO.

We've been playing fantastic football recently and have some excellent young players in our ranks.

I rated the team that went up under Brian Little higher than this.
On the other hand I rate this team higher than I rated the MON team at the time.
Since the MON team did far better in the Prem than the Brian Little side it seems to me that what matters is to get into the Prem and then buy and loan w*s*ly.
The Micky Adams side that got promoted was ageing and there was not enough money to bring in good players.

With NP we have a manager who has not paid a transfer fee for a poor player. I don't know Milan's financial situation but would guess that while money will be limited it will be far more than Micky Adams had. Milan will expect Nigel to spend money w*s*ly and not waste it like Martin Allen.

Obviously this season the odds are that we will reach a playoff place and then the odds are against any particular one of the four. However, I believe that as long as we have Nigel promotion is not a matter of "if" but a matter of which season.

Why dont we bring N'Guessan on and Nicky Adams.

We knew Coventry were going to attack us second half,but rather than bring an injection of pace and counter attack,we go down the aerial route.

Amen to that. We weren't allowed to play in the second half because Cov actually turned up.

It feels like a defeat yes but we are 4th on merit FFS! Some of thes armchair fans giving it the 'we're crap' should really **** off.

Disappointing. However, it's another game out of the way and we're fourth plus a comfortable cushion.

Cov were a truly awful side....the only difference in the second half was that they won every second challenge, their tactics were chase it and run. Sadly none of our lot showed the intelligence to use the ball and we sat back (about time we got caught out, as we done this since opening day of the season). We had a second half like the one at Wednesday. I actually thought Waghorn was rather poor today...a bit tired even. Pearson's again refused to play either N'Guessan or Adams, both players who can run a bit with the ball.

Annoyed but I won't lose any sleep over it. Them Cov fans thought they had won the FA Cup again on the final whistle....just shows the intelligence of the majority of them. They badly needed a win, a point sent us fourth whilst Cardiff were seeing off Watford thus putting Cov further out of the picture. Hahaha, thick ****ers....their pursuit for 10th position continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669