Leicester 2 Sheffield United 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't think it's right to be starting Abe, those that went to Barnsley might have a different opinion but he still looks a little lost and clueless to me. Obviously has quality but don't think he's ready.

I dont think he's 'that' bad, played some good balls into the box tonight, someone should have a word about him having a crack at goal tho, deary deary me.

I wish certain parts of the crowd would stop singing about him eating dogs, it was funny the first time.....

also, on a side note, never understood why the crowd chant "you fat bastard" at an opposing footballer. He is a professional athlete and you lot have just polished off a pie and a pint, stop it! its silly!

Hobbs was fecking awful, he's a total liability-
Vitor MUST start Saturday.

also, on a side note, never understood why the crowd chant "you fat bastard" at an opposing footballer. He is a professional athlete and you lot have just polished off a pie and a pint, stop it! its silly!

They were not chanting at the player, they were chanting at Homer.

Apart from our improved fitness there's still far too many similarities with how we were at the start of the season. Teams watch us knock it around for a bit, then harrass and harry us out of our passing game - no Plan B.

Abe disappointed tonight, Andy King invisible. Richie did a lot of work, Gally still looks a liability defending.

Did we have any strikers before Stevie came on? Makes no sense playing Vassell and leaving Dyer on the bench. Jack Hobbs made poor decisions throughout - confidence still totally shot. Not as impressed with the loan defenders as the last few games. Maybe Naughton trying too hard against his old club.

Still a points not a bad result considering how it looked in normal time.

Didnt deserve it for their constant timewasting and general recultance to attack.

Tactically out-done. Speed sussed how we distributed the ball and that was it. Hobbs was v.poor, tbf the whole back four were poor really but they had no outlet to pass the ball. Vassell was very narrow on the right, Waghorn couldn't make the ball stick and the three cm's made little impact.

I thought Sheffield United did well. They are much less talented than Leicester but brought us down to their level. Of the two teams I thought they wanted it more. The two goals were superbly taken by their players - though the first was also dreadful defending. Once they got to 2-1 they tried to keep it that way and nullified us until the final minute. As for time wasting that was what any team would do.

Nobody had an outstanding game for Leicester. It was the worst I have seen Cunningham and Naughton. To be fair to Howard and Dyer I thought we looked more dangerous when they came on.

Was Yeates time here so bad that he felt the need to make hand gestures towards the Leicester fans after he scored his second?

I mean yeah he got a few chants of 'Leicester reject' before he scored but he wasn't the target of any other sort of abuse.

I thought Sheffield United did well. They are much less talented than Leicester but brought us down to their level. Of the two teams I thought they wanted it more. The two goals were superbly taken by their players - though the first was also dreadful defending. Once they got to 2-1 they tried to keep it that way and nullified us until the final minute. As for time wasting that was what any team would do.

Nobody had an outstanding game for Leicester. It was the worst I have seen Cunningham and Naughton. To be fair to Howard and Dyer I thought we looked more dangerous when they came on.

yup:038:

Very poor displays from Davies, Hobbs, King, Vassell and Waghorn. Average performances from the rest.

Sheff Utd did well against us. Took advantage of our sloppy positioning and defending and then got men behind the ball. They were better than their recent results suggested.

We're bound to have games like this where a few of the players just aren't on it, but to win these games you do need one or two players with the ability to do something different. Previously this season, King has popped up with something but I thought that he went missing tonight. Second half it was like he was trying to avoid the ball. I guess that we have to remember how young many of them are though.

There were never 20,000 in the stadium tonight. 18k tops. And the atmosphere was dire. We only seemed to get behind them for the last minute after the penalty.

We need a big performance and three points on Saturday now to keep up the momentum. That wouldn't be a bad week.

mind you, we looked more dangerous because Howard and Fryatt stayed forward...

Roll on Saturday at least the sheep will let us play,on todays match this will happen quite frequently from now on to the end of season,teams will stop Leicester playing,and Sven will have to show how good a tactician he is.

Was Yeates time here so bad that he felt the need to make hand gestures towards the Leicester fans after he scored his second?

I mean yeah he got a few chants of 'Leicester reject' before he scored but he wasn't the target of any other sort of abuse.

I thought it was Cresswell getting the reject chants. Maybe Yeates was miffed that nobody remembered him playing for us.

King OUT!

I would guess that you are joking and my reaction is nothing to do with tonights result. However, I do not think it sensible to make a 22 year old captain in only his third full season.

Although I realise that there is the precedent of Bobby Moore I believe a captain needs experience. He should have played under a number of different captains to see how to do the job and how not. He should also be old enough to help the young players rather than being one of them.

I do not know enough about the character of the older players to know who I would have as captain but I would prefer to see King learning the game rather than advising others.

Andy King is clearly a very talented player and the club think highly of his character. However captaincy needs judgement. Experience on its own does not provide judgement but it is an essential ingredient.

That must've been it, Only thing that could explain his actions after scoring, the twat.

I noticed he was the first Utd player to the ref at the final whistle, whinging no doubt about the penalty.

Some justice being as it was his handball that gave away the pen. :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670