Post Match Leicester 2 Tottenham 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see the point in Vestergaard. He doesn’t do anything, he has no physical presence, doesn’t head the ball well. Soyuncu was worse than him tonight though.

Your immediate reaction after that calamity was to pick on a pass with fifteen minutes left to go in the game. By a guy who set up a goal after 48 seconds on the pitch. It just seemed bizarre and consistent with your usual criticism of him.
I have been critical of him and that is why, if he passes we win what winds me up with him is that he has every to reach the very top of the game, his application is poor and will prevent him from becoming top draw, he has everything pace, power, balance, he needs to up his graft and decision process.

I also criticised Tielemens for not going wide at the end, JJ was a real positive we have missed those surging runs forward.

There is a slight over reaction in this thread. It's not like this result will actually mean anything over the course of the season.

Vestergaard is the worst player at Leicester in years. And I ****ing loathe John Moss.

Agreed. I think it could have some pretty far reaching consequences though.
I don’t think so.

i think it just reinforces what our season will end up being, a flat and disappointing top 10-12 finish.

We won’t sort out our defence before May so will not put a run together, but we’ll still have enough to get over this and win matches.

I don’t think so.

i think it just reinforces what our season will end up being, a flat and disappointing top 10-12 finish.

We won’t sort out our defence before May so will not put a run together, but we’ll still have enough to get over this and win matches.
Ah yes. But what of our collective life expectancy?

Agreed. I think it could have some pretty far reaching consequences though.

Will have none. We'll just plod on as usual. We might have a good performance against Burnley or another shite team and all will be rosy. We'll then get loads more injuries and go out of the cup and that other thing we're in. Then another decent perfomance will follow and all is great again....

Will have none. We'll just plod on as usual. We might have a good performance against Burnley or another shite team and all will be rosy. We'll then get loads more injuries and go out of the cup and that other thing we're in. Then another decent perfomance will follow and all is great again....
Sounds like most football teams then.

We don’t have the depth of squad to make this anything but a mediocre season…

Come on, had we won that, we would have been dreaming of Champions League football next season. Let us just adjust our expectations for this season. There are plenty of positives. KDH, who the French commentators really rate, Thomas, who has played really well for us, all the players who will be fit for next season and all the money we will get for Tielemans to strengthen the squad. Let's just win the Conference League, qualify for the Europa League and be in a position, with a squad of players, to fight for Champions League qualification next season. Come on you Blues.

Sounds like most football teams then.

Quite a few of them aye. Not a particularly great season anyhoo.

Brighton look better than us. But aren't much further ahead in the table which suggests they aren't great. I've heard they've got a great xg well above their actual g. Which would suggest the g that is expected shouldn't be as high as expected as they're not great at g.

Yeah exactly what FrenchFox says, had the whistle gone at 95 minutes, we'd be 3 points up and happy bunnies. That twat Moss...

Brighton will tear us a new one if we play any of the defence we started with tonight.

Come on, had we won that, we would have been dreaming of Champions League football next season. Let us just adjust our expectations for this season. There are plenty of positives. KDH, who the French commentators really rate, Thomas, who has played really well for us, all the players who will be fit for next season and all the money we will get for Tielemans to strengthen the squad. Let's just win the Conference League, qualify for the Europa League and be in a position, with a squad of players, to fight for Champions League qualification next season. Come on you Blues.

Yeah exactly what FrenchFox says, had the whistle gone at 95 minutes, we'd be 3 points up and happy bunnies. That twat Moss...

Champions league though? Not a ****ing chance even if we'd bummed them 10-0.

Incredibly Rodgers’ comments after the match actually reflect what I saw as well. We did give the game away. Tielemans did make an error. Have we got the “good” Rodgers back this year? Fingers crossed…

We're already getting left behind as it is.

Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Wolves and Brighton are all way ahead of us if you actually watch their games compared to ours in terms of style of play.

Villa are making good investments and prepared to spend big and play decent football too.

Youri has mentally gone already, his performance tonight has shown this, and if we have a bottom half finish we'll possibly lose another player and will also struggle to attract high quality replacements.

Tonights result was hugely pivotal as the win would have projected us in to the mix for the top 6 but the defeat means pretty much no chance now.

When you add in the manner of the defeat then this really could have been our modern day Roy Essendoh moment.

If the season fizzles out now and we lose 5 nil at home to a promoted team on the first day of next season, be very afraid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566