Post Match Leicester 2 West Ham 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, they won't win tomorrow.

They've got to be very strong favourites against a Stoke side pretty average at home, in poor form with several injuries and suspensions. There's no logic for thinking they'll drop points there. Stoke aren't the fortress they were at home under Pulis.

They've got to be very strong favourites against a Stoke side in poor form with several injuries and suspensions.
We will see I guess, our last minute equaliser will be a blow to them I think. If they win tomorrow it may go the distance.

If we end up winning the League by one point, this single point will be absolutely everything

It's equally as important as every other point, and should be celebrated as such
I'd go with one of two options which wouldn't force a change in pattern: first is to play Shinji in Vardy's position, bring Mahrez behind him and have Grey on the wing. The possibly braver approach is to see what Schlupp can do in his place.
On the same day that we lost to Stoke, Pearson's Southampton would have gone down had they lost. They won 3-2, dumping us into league one.

View attachment 12732

View attachment 12733

I can't see us dropping Okazaki.

Nah, they won't win tomorrow.

Nice to see Arsenal dropping points they shouldn't be dropping again today but it's not them we're worried about. Spurs will be fired up for tomorrow now. Stoke away is usually a tough match for anybody but I think our result today will fire them up. Expect them to win cutting us back to five.

I think Spurs could win all 5 without too much difficulty.

Stoke away and Chelsea away (London derby) are the only ones I would consider there being a realistic chance of them not winning, but even then I think they will take max points.

We'll need all 8

An awful game of football TBH. Both teams could have finished with 8 men and 5 penalties each.

Even if spurs win tomorrow, we are still in a commanding position so don't panic.

I'd go with one of two options which wouldn't force a change in pattern: first is to play Shinji in Vardy's position, bring Mahrez behind him and have Grey on the wing. The possibly braver approach is to see what Schlupp can do in his place.

Brave is one way of putting it.

Not the word I would use.

If we end up winning the League by one point, this single point will be absolutely everything

It's equally as important as every other point, and should be celebrated as such

All points are equally valuable, but some turn seasons.

It would be nearly all over if Mahrez had not missed 2 penalties which dropped us 4 points.

I think the crucial points though were gained with Huth's header which put daylight between us and Spurs at White Hart Lane.

It is still ours to lose, the problem is I can see spurs winning all their games, so we need to win at least 2 of our remaining if I am right. That spurs team is not just winning but also easily dominating games. Liverpool which they drew against was probably the hardest game they had left (liverpool have improved a lot lately). Liverpool fans have also reminded me the 2 times they were in a title race in last 10 years both times their title contender won all their remaining games.

What frustrated me so much about this game is that we looked comfortable with 11 men, then what I consider a dodgy red card happened followed by a dodgy penalty, our penalty was also soft which I expect the ref decided he felt a bit guilty at that point. Vardy I think played for the penalty, he deliberatly ran into the other players path, and waited for the contact, then fell down, however I think for 2 reasons, the yellow shouldnt have happened.
1 - there was contact.
2 - for consistency sake, contact with dive's in the penalty area do not typically result in a booking for diving.

The conceded penalty was just ridiculous, under the law of the game, it was a foul, but that law is never followed otherwise there would be 10 penalties a game for fouls on set pieces in the box.

I'm a bit of a hippy type, full of love and hugs and patting flowers on the head. Where there is conflict I bring oatcakes of peace, where there is discord I bring hand-woven hemp blankets of smiles. I hope Sir Lord Kane gets a broken leg and Spurs are totally ****ed by the Stokes.

I'm a bit of a hippy type, full of love and hugs and patting flowers on the head. Where there is conflict I bring oatcakes of peace, where there is discord I bring hand-woven hemp blankets of smiles. I hope Sir Lord Kane gets a broken leg and Spurs are totally ****ed by the Stokes.
I can feel the love resonating through each and every post Maws.

Having viewed the major incidents, the ref made some horrible mistakes.
  • Vardy's first yellow wasn't a booking
  • There was no material difference between the dive from Vardy and the one from Reid for which WHU got their penalty. In both instances there was holding and then the player threw themselves down, exaggerating the contact. As Reid had also already been booked, he should have been sent off too for consistency
  • Vardy lost the plot on getting the red card and if he gets an additional ban for his actions, his idiocy in that moment may cost us dear
  • Our penalty was never a penalty but it was a absolutely idiotic challenge from Carroll in the circumstance
I'd add that the after match comments from Bilic and the West Ham players were reasonable, except their excusing Reid his 'dive'. I respect Ranieri's approach never to criticise refs but someone from our side needed to come out and publicly lay into him. We cannot be seen to be a soft touch.

The draw means nothing yet. It all depends what Spurs do tonight. If they win, we'll be under immense pressure to win on Sunday given the fixtures that follow. If Spurs don't win, we've got away with it and the weekend has been a good one.

Having viewed the major incidents, the ref made some horrible mistakes.
  • Vardy's first yellow wasn't a booking
  • There was no material difference between the dive from Vardy and the one from Reid for which WHU got their penalty. In both instances there was holding and then the player threw themselves down, exaggerating the contact. As Reid had also already been booked, he should have been sent off too for consistency
  • Vardy lost the plot on getting the red card and if he gets an additional ban for his actions, his idiocy in that moment may cost us dear
  • Our penalty was never a penalty but it was a absolutely idiotic challenge from Carroll in the circumstance
I'd add that the after match comments from Bilic and the West Ham players were reasonable, except their excusing Reid his 'dive'. I respect Ranieri's approach never to criticise refs but someone from our side needed to come out and publicly lay into him. We cannot be seen to be a soft touch.

The draw means nothing yet. It all depends what Spurs do tonight. If they win, we'll be under immense pressure to win on Sunday given the fixtures that follow. If Spurs don't win, we've got away with it and the weekend has been a good one.

I'm sure Payet also dived but received no booking. Consistency eh? The pushing, shoving and wrestling at corners either needs to be accepted as part of the game or given as a freekick/pen everytime.

I'm sure Payet also dived but received no booking. Consistency eh? The pushing, shoving and wrestling at corners either needs to be accepted as part of the game or given as a freekick/pen everytime.
Totally agree, we are terrible at holding, particularly at set ball situations.

West Ham also use a battering ram of standing 2 players between Carroll and the goal who then just push any defending player(s) out of the way giving Carroll a free run in on goal.

It is all cheating and needs an FA directive to stamp it out from the beginning of the next season.

I know not a favourite of most here, but Alan Shearer made the same point on MOTD - it happens all the time, every week. Why wait until a critical point of the 34th game of the season to punish it?

It's not that it wasn't a penalty, it's that there were much worse incidents of it during the game at both ends and it's the only one that got punished when it was actually more of a dive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566