Post Match Leicester 2 Wolves 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me Michael Keane is still a little naive. Who is the pick between him, St Ledger and Whitbread? Votes please.

I will add, he is clearly a very good prospect and has plenty to offer, just wondered if people think we have better in reserve.

Last edited:
Morgan was a rock, I thought Drinkwater was brilliant as well.

Didnt play well but we got the result.

Nice to sit back and see what happens at the weekend

Had the same feeling. Glad the day finally got better for the both of us

Same here too! Was convinced we'd lose to compound the shitness of the day.

Instead, they've given me a lift and put a smile on my face before bed. And isn't that why we're all here? God bless football.

For me Michael Keane is still a little naive. Who is the pick between him, St Ledger and Whitbread? Votes please.

I will add, he is clearly a very good prospect and has plenty to offer, just wondered if people think we have better in reserve.

Keane, pretty easily.
Then Sledge.
Then an emergency loan.

At times tonight he did look very nervous. I still feel more confident with him at the back than Zak. As for St Ledger, I think he would be first choice, but he has to prove his fitness.

Last edited:
At times tonight he did look very nervous. I still feel more confident with him at the back than Zak. As for St Ledger, I think he would be first choice, but he has to prove his fitness.

Pretty much my view. Keane didn't have the best of games tonight, but he's generally done well for a youngster and he fills me with a lot more confidence than Whitbread does. I think SSL should be first choice over either if he's fit though, but I still think Morgan hasn't quite found the right partner yet.

As it's been discussed before, it's a shame Hobbs and Morrison left because either one of them on paper would work brilliantly with an experienced player like Morgan alongside them.

Pretty much my view. Keane didn't have the best of games tonight, but he's generally done well for a youngster and he fills me with a lot more confidence than Whitbread does. I think SSL should be first choice over either if he's fit though, but I still think Morgan hasn't quite found the right partner yet.

As it's been discussed before, it's a shame Hobbs and Morrison left because either one of them on paper would work brilliantly with an experienced player like Morgan alongside them.

Hobbs probably. Not so sure about Morrison though

Morgan was a class act tonight, solid as a rock (apart from the last minute header by Ebanks-Blake). Also thought he had a bit of the Sol Bamba about him tonight with his bursts forward.

Last edited:
Other than Morgan, a very average performance but all the records care about is the 3 points, as do I.

That

Was

Horrible

The fact that we took the three points when so many of the team played complete and utter turd from start to finish is a sure fire sign of a side who are about to be promoted

Onwards and definitely upwards

The fact that we took the three points when so many of the team played complete and utter turd from start to finish is a sure fire sign of a side who are about to be promoted

I thought we were the better side for the first half and patches of the second.

The beauty of this league is that you really don't have to play well to get a result. You just have to play better than the opposition. Or the same. Or worse. This league really is a shite standard.

I don't think it was that bad in all honesty. We were far away the better side in the first half. We let them back into it second half but we still looked very comfortable on the ball and passed it around well. Maybe we didn't create enough clear cut chances to make it safe and sat a little too deep towards the end. Wolves played well and pressured us towards the end but the fact we stood strong says a lot. A couple of disappointing performances for me but I think overall the players did ok.

Last edited:
I thought we were the better side for the first half and patches of the second.

The beauty of this league is that you really don't have to play well to get a result. You just have to play better than the opposition. Or the same. Or worse. This league really is a shite standard.

I never understand this argument. I think the Championship is one of the best second tiers in Europe. Just because it is competitive and unpredictable at times doesn't make it shit.

I never understand this argument. I think the Championship is one of the best second tiers in Europe. Just because it is competitive and unpredictable at times doesn't make it shit.

Quite. I think the Championship is excellent. It's a shame the prize for winning it is to be in the Premier League - which is not competitive and could only be won by Leicester now if we were to get bought by some utterly corrupt individual or state.

Some of the negative comments about the Leicester players seems a bit harsh. I thought Wolves were one of the best teams to come here this season and really made it difficult for us. It was a real thriller and needed three excellent goals to break down the defences. If someone had to win then Leicester deserved it but a draw might have been a fairer result.

Schmeichel has improved his distribution and looked every inch an international goalkeeper. Nigel made a point of signalling his approval for some of Kasper's kicking and King directed other players toward him after the first goal.

Everyone says that Morgan played well and they are right. The criticism of Keane seems a bit harsh as he was up against some really lively attackers.Wood had a poor game though it may be fairer to say that apart from our second goal Wolves centre backs played well.

Gregs asks why Nigel brought on Vardy for Knockaert. I thought taking Knockaert off was the right move. He is a frustrating player who does the difficult things brilliantly but messes up the easy things. When we are a goal up in the second half it makes sense to bring on a player who is better defensively and less likely to squander possession. The obvious player to have brought on would have been Matty James and having to use Vardy to defend a lead shows our lack of defensive depth.

Sorry, think you misunderstood as I wasn't clear. I more meant that it's v competitive. Anyone can beat anyone. I mis-used the word shite tbh.

I love the league in many ways (play-offs, etc), but hate that we're are in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669