Post Match Leicester 2 Wolves 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus lets not forget we are now in February, this is traditionally Cardiff bottling month, bring it on!

Having been top 2 earlier in the season and then faded away, NP said we'd be stronger this time.
Last night there was a resilience.
You could say what if SEB's effort had been the other side of the post we'd have only drawn, ok, but what if we'd had the penalty when Knocky was poleaxed, what if Henry had been shown a red card for his assault on Kingys leg?
It's all ifs, buts and maybes.
Look at the positives
We won, 3 points, gap opens up even further to 7th, and closer to 1st.

:)

Yeah totally agree. There were two poor decisions in the space of 30 seconds there by the ref and his assistant. The penalty and then not even a booking for Karl Henry when it could quite easily have been a straight red. Either of those two had been given and we would have had a much more comfortable night.

Yeah totally agree. There were two poor decisions in the space of 30 seconds there by the ref and his assistant. The penalty and then not even a booking for Karl Henry when it could quite easily have been a straight red. Either of those two had been given and we would have had a much more comfortable night.

And Marshall really should have scored just before half time.

Agree with the above.

The doom mongers will always say that the "what ifs" don't matter when we lose. But then they are more than happy to point out all of the negatives and "what ifs" when we win.

I think one thing that Leicester have got going for them that really makes a difference for an automatic promotion challenger are players who can make something out of nothing - Knockart & Nugent, and players who are good finishers: Wood/Nugent/Knockart. This gives Leicester the edge certainly in going for 2nd place. In the recent Boro' match - Boro' had more position and did less misplaced passes - but Leicester had something extra in Nugent. Last night Wolves were the better side in many respects and certainly deserved a draw but Knockart and Nugent put paid to that.

Finally I'd echo the views on Morgan, I also thought Konchesky had a very good game... I know someone mentioned that they thought otherwise. I thought Drinkwater was pretty dominant and always available. I thought King was less good than James has been lately. Wood curiously had a stinker. Hope/assume it's one off.

In the first half, apart from Knockart, the team seemed a little reluctant to shoot from outside the box when they maybe should have done so - they threatened the area many times and might have got more goals if they had shot. They moved the ball around (admittedly it looked very pretty) theatening their area but ultimately trying to weave it into the box instead of maybe shooting from outside a bit more did not yield at least the 2 goal lead that their first half performance deserved.

Great win. All the signs look good.

Last edited:
I agree with you Consty, Konchesky was very good and hardly misplaced a pass or mistimed a tackle. I think we can play with a quick tempo and we seem to pass the ball rather than hoof it.

Excellent result. Wes is by far the best signing we have made for a long time, easily the best defender in the league. Think Wood looks troubled when playing against physical teams, he was poor IMO against Middlesbrough and yesterday against Wolves. Knockaert was good. Thought the game was awful, not the best I've seen. However a win is a win and that's all that matters.

Up until last night I'd almost forgotten how bad some of the refereeing is in the Championship. Mr Madley succeeded in making Gavin Ward look like Pierluigi Collina.

IS the league table fed from a central source to all websites? There appears to be a very annoying error on it: I am currently trying to work out how many points Hull are still in front of us but they are shown as having less. Surely this is an error?

Hulltroll? Can you enlighten me?

Hull are still in front of us but they are shown as having less. Surely this is an error?

You're right; it is an error. They have fewer.

I made a similar comment, then I deleted it when I realised he means "still have fewer". I didn't want people to think I'm a grammar pedant...
I would've been a senior member a long time ago if I couldn't control my urges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570