Post Match Leicester 2 Wolves 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the negative comments about the Leicester players seems a bit harsh. I thought Wolves were one of the best teams to come here this season and really made it difficult for us. It was a real thriller and needed three excellent goals to break down the defences. If someone had to win then Leicester deserved it but a draw might have been a fairer result.

Schmeichel has improved his distribution and looked every inch an international goalkeeper. Nigel made a point of signalling his approval for some of Kasper's kicking and King directed other players toward him after the first goal.

Everyone says that Morgan played well and they are right. The criticism of Keane seems a bit harsh as he was up against some really lively attackers.Wood had a poor game though it may be fairer to say that apart from our second goal Wolves centre backs played well.

Gregs asks why Nigel brought on Vardy for Knockaert. I thought taking Knockaert off was the right move. He is a frustrating player who does the difficult things brilliantly but messes up the easy things. When we are a goal up in the second half it makes sense to bring on a player who is better defensively and less likely to squander possession. The obvious player to have brought on would have been Matty James and having to use Vardy to defend a lead shows our lack of defensive depth.

I agree about taking Knockaert off, I just didn't understand his replacement. I would have thought James was the obvious choice, however, I didn't see the bench so not sure if he was in the squad.

Morgan was a class act tonight, solid as a rock (apart from the last minute header by Ebanks-Blake). Also thought he had a bit of the Sol Bamba about him tonight with his bursts forward.

More of a Sol Campbell surge than one of Sol Bamba's flailing minces down the pitch.

Absolute stinker for me, missed out on a lift from Southwell, Notts so had to get the train, on returning to Nottingham I'd missed my feckin' bus so had to shell out £25 on a taxi and I've only just got back........Completely worth it, all thanks to the Nuge, I ****ing well love that boy.

I agree about taking Knockaert off, I just didn't understand his replacement. I would have thought James was the obvious choice, however, I didn't see the bench so not sure if he was in the squad.

I`ve heard that Knocky was nursing an ankle injury & was therefore doubtful for the game. In that case an OK decision to take him off after he´d done the damage.

PS.....how many years do You have to be on here, before You graduate from being a "junior" member? Or does it depend on how many posts you´ve made, how much vCash you haven´t spent, how many times you write "Pea´son out"...or WHAT???

Having been top 2 earlier in the season and then faded away, NP said we'd be stronger this time.
Last night there was a resilience.
You could say what if SEB's effort had been the other side of the post we'd have only drawn, ok, but what if we'd had the penalty when Knocky was poleaxed, what if Henry had been shown a red card for his assault on Kingys leg?
It's all ifs, buts and maybes.
Look at the positives
We won, 3 points, gap opens up even further to 7th, and closer to 1st.

:)

I didn't watch the game as I didn't realise we were playing on a ****ing Thursday. Glad we got 3 points even if we didn't look great.

Konchesky still looks shakey to me

Great win, that Sako looks alright.

Inspired decision to bring Vardy on....

Inspired decision to bring Vardy on....

Nothing more than giving Knockaet a rest and keeping some pace on the pitch. Nearly made the killer goal if it wasn't for a bad touch by Nugent.

Whilst some of the calls about handball regards the ref I can not support. He made an absolutely dreadful decision not to at the very least book Karl Henry for a disgraceful tackle on Andy King. Late, from behind and most of all dirty.

Largely poor for long spells, thankfully we now have grit at the back and some quality going forward. We really couldn't handle them playing three in the middle.

Last edited:
That

Was

Horrible

The fact that we took the three points when so many of the team played complete and utter turd from start to finish is a sure fire sign of a side who are about to be promoted

Onwards and definitely upwards

How many games to go? :)

Reminds me of the promotion season under O'Neill, when we won a number of games despite not playing particularly well. It does help having players who can fashion a goal out of not a lot. In the second half Wolves looked a far better team than their league position would suggest. A most satisfactory evening all in all.

Last edited:
When your luck's in, it's in. No we didn't play particularly well last night, more so in the second half, but look at every promoted team from this division and I'm sure there are plenty of games like this in a season.

That's the first time I've seen us outplayed like that second half for the first time in quite a while. But when you have a bit of quality as Nuge does it can make a huge difference. I'm not sure there's a striker in this division I'd swap him for to be honest.

It's one to forget but such an important result. It's a bloody nice feeling going into the weekend without a shred of pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669