Post Match Leicester 3 Birmingham 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

Vardy, King and Nugent (pen).

10 points from 12. Brilliant start to the season, but bloody hell we're not making it easy on us. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 3-2 vs Birmingham

Like I said on the match thread. I went out of the room at 1-0 down and came back in to hear birmingham bring it back to 3-2. It's a funny old game! Great stuff!

Last edited:

Just imagine what results we could get if we ever start to turn up in the first half of games.

Bring back Wes for an easy trip to South London next week and we'll be on to 13 points.

Like I said on the match thread. I went out of the room at 1-0 down and came back in to here birming bring it back to 3-2. It's a funny old game! Great stuff!
Conclusion - leave the room more.

Just imagine what results we could get if we ever start to turn up in the first half of games.

Bring back Wes for an easy trip to South London next week and we'll be on to 13 points.

I doubt we'd have any more points even if we'd scored double.

Boooooooooooooo

I wish we would stop accidentally winning. I want to moan and chant Tyne & Wear-son out and we're just not giving me a chance at this point. >:

Last edited:
Well worth the long trip South.

Guy next to me wanted Pearson out. Just about changed his mind by the end!

Last edited:
Peculiar match. I thought we started with the right formation but the wrong players. With that sort of line up we simply don't have sufficient creativity. Having said that, we were unlucky to go behind as Brum were a terrible side who created nothing in the first half other than their goal.

Second half changes were back to 4-4-2 with two wingers and this was a sensible move in the context of the game and the way Brum played.

I still think we're not playing at all well and several of our players are lost. But, somehow we're winning.

There was a lot of criticism of the ref, but most of this was daft. There was a penalty decision not given that should have been and the one he did give wasn't a pen. Apart from that, he was about bang on.

Player wise, I thought De Laet was woeful, Knockaert terrible and Wood diabolical. Our best attacking threat was Schlupp who is totally lost and wasted at left back. Vardy worked hard and is a much better player than last year, but will always be limited. Good performances from Schmeichel, Moore, James and Nugent.

Crowd wise, the stadium was very quiet again. Large empty sections that are usually relatively full. Neither the team or the crowd seem to have any oomph. As I said, it's all a bit peculiar.

Last edited:
Easily the better team in the first half, one chance one goal from Birmingham flattered them. Vardy running around like a madman, put their goalie and two of their defenders on their arses, which was fun to watch. Only criticism I'd have for him is that there were a couple of times when he passed without looking up. Other than that he was very good and rivals James for my MOTM. Moore's throw-ins continue to be promising but ineffective, James' corners came to nothing most of the time but maybe we missed having Morgan in there (and still better than Knockaert's efforts) I've long since given up trying to understand some Leicester fans so wasn't surprised there was some booing around me at HT. We didn't dominate as much in the first part of the second half but once we got the first goal it was only going to go one way. Good execution for their second goal but King should maybe have done a bit better to stop the shot. Bit of a strange game overall and referee made some bizarrely inconsistent decisions but entertaining nevertheless.

We were so good for the last 20 minutes, scintillating at times.

The back four all played reasonably well, but they switched off twice and it resulted in two goals. James and King kept things ticking over in the midfield, although for a spell in the second half we struggled with the fact that they had an extra midfielder.

Wood was abysmal, Nugent started poorly but started to come into the game more in the last half an hour and Vardy worked his bollocks off and thoroughly deserved his goal. As a front three they looked slightly clueless, I don't know if it was poor instructions from Nige or them trying to be too clever but they were all over the place. Every time we came forward they were in different positions and moves kept breaking down. Having said that, we still created some good chances and were unlucky to be losing to an appalling Birmingham side.

Early on in the second half they came out looking lively, and the introduction of two out and out wide players really started to turn the game. Schlupp and Dyer linked up beautifully at times. They toughened up their core and the game went dead for until the 70th minute-ish when Lloyd just flicked to his unplayable best. There are few things more exciting on show at Leicester than seeing him stand up the right back and either push it past him or cut it back along the edge of the area. Great assist from Lloyd for the Vardy goal.

King's goal was magnificent. Typical, edge of the area, curling inside the near post. It was never really a penalty to round it off, but it made up for a couple of poor decisions from the referee.

A very pleasing and well deserved win.

Last edited:
Peculiar match. I thought we started with the right formation but the wrong players. With that sort of line up we simply don't have sufficient creativity. Having said that, we were unlucky to go behind as Brum were a terrible side who created nothing in the first half other than their goal.

Second half changes were back to 4-4-2 with two wingers and this was a sensible move in the context of the game and the way Brum played.

I still think we're not playing at all well and several of our players are lost. But, somehow we're winning.

There was a lot of criticism of the ref, but most of this was daft. There was a penalty decision not given that should have been and the one he did give wasn't a pen. Apart from that, he was about bang on.

Player wise, I thought De Laet was woeful, Knockaert terrible and Wood diabolical. Our best attacking threat was Schlupp who is totally lost and wasted at left back. Vardy worked hard and is a much better player than last year, but will always be limited. Good performances from Schmeichel, Moore, James and Nugent.

Crowd wise, the stadium was very quiet again. Large empty sections that are usually relatively full. Neither the team or the crowd seem to have any oomph. As I said, it's all a bit peculiar.

Just seen the goals on YouTube and not only is our penalty an absolute stone-waller, the Birmingham player is lucky not to be sent off for a lunging 2-footed challenge as well.

A very good win. At times it was frustrating, though. As said above the starting formation was fine but the players in it were not. I'd probably have gone with Vardy as the central forward alongside Dyer and Knockaert to give us pace and width. We didn't deserve to go in at halftime behind regardless, although neither would us going in ahead been a fair reflection.

Pearson made the right changes and I suspect he'd have made the same ones later on had we gone in nil-nil. It seems to be the manager's intention to keep us tight first and foremost and add a little extra spice if it's needed. It's an approach which is working well so far.

I want to add that I think Vardy looks to be turning into a good striker at this level. His workrate is to his credit and it seems he has ability to go with it. Dyer was also excellent when he came on. Birmingham will struggle to stay up on today's showing.

Vardy running around like a madman, put their goalie and two of their defenders on their arses, which was fun to watch. Only criticism I'd have for him is that there were a couple of times when he passed without looking up.

I think that's a little unfair. On at least one occasion Nugent acknowledged that it was his fault for not being where he knew Vardy was going to play the ball if he got a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669