Post Match Leicester 3 Birmingham 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I warned the players at half-time that we had to do something different. We were leading 1-0 but it was like the Alamo at times the way we were having to defend."

Lee clark's take on the game.

"I warned the players at half-time that we had to do something different. We were leading 1-0 but it was like the Alamo at times the way we were having to defend."

Lee clark's take on the game.
Either he doesn't know what the Alamo is, or he's exaggerating.

First half, frustrating,. Didn't deserve to be 1 down, but full marks to Brum, classic away performance.
Second half, revert to 4 4 2. Renewed energy, width et all, city looked good for 15 minutes. A sloppy 10 looked like Brum were gonna steel it. Then, feck knows, City played some really slick passing football & we're 2-1 up. A late penalty saw us go 3-1 up, game over, no, City go to sleep & let Brum get a 2nd. Too little too late.
Overall 4 3 3 saw us limit Brum to 1 chance all half ( buggers scored though) we seemed to lack ideas in the final third.
4 4 2 saw us create more,but let Brum in more.
Moore is getting better with every game, whitbread is almost unbeatable in the air, schlupp is a good left wing back growing in confidence.
10 points out of 12, bloody lovely.

They are just as effective against a fresh defence. What is wrong with winning 2-0 or 3-0 by half time?

Surely we have seen so many times they get a goal late on and then get a huge lift to go on and get another one, but why leave it so late to start scoring?

Now if you want to play some reverse psychology thing that we play better when we are a goal or two down?

What is wrong with us scoring first. When we were really good at the beginning of the year, I am sure that Dyer and Knockeart were on all game, and then got subbed when we were comfortably winning.

I disagree with Dyer, he's been largely useless when starting games that I saw last season.

Really enjoyed the game yesterday...

Thought NP's tactical flexibility was really refreshing...

We were very unlucky to go in at HT down and for awhile I thought in the second half Brum were going to finish us off as they were getting far more possession...

Vardy, James and Moore very good for me...

Schlupp wasted for me a left back looks great going forward...

Wood truly dreadful and Knocky not much better...

Great start to the season lets hope we can keep this positive momentum going!

Just seen the goals on YouTube and not only is our penalty an absolute stone-waller, the Birmingham player is lucky not to be sent off for a lunging 2-footed challenge as well.

Having now seen it on tv, it was one of those where it depends on the angle. I can now see why the ref gave it. However, sitting behind the goal with a much better view than ref or camera, it was clearly a great tackle. Just about everyone around me said so too so I'm not just being awkward.

Wood truly dreadful and Knocky not much better...

It is really beginning to irk me that any player other than Knockaert gets groans when he gives the ball away, yet Knockaert gets cheered and his name sung. It's utterly mental. I think supporters have gone the complete opposite way as with Kermogant. The allowances he's given are just wrong and he was totally ineffective (yet again) yesterday.

He also seriously attempted to take the ball from Nugent when the penalty was awarded and had a mardy strop when Nugent didn't allow him to take it. Anyone else notice this? Seeing as Brum went straight down the other end and scored, had Knockaert had his way and missed, it could have cost us again.

I think Knockaert is technically gifted and capable of a lovely pass or dribble but his overall contribution is almost always pitiful.

It is really beginning to irk me that any player other than Knockaert gets groans when he gives the ball away, yet Knockaert gets cheered and his name sung. It's utterly mental. I think supporters have gone the complete opposite way as with Kermogant. The allowances he's given are just wrong and he was totally ineffective (yet again) yesterday.

He also seriously attempted to take the ball from Nugent when the penalty was awarded and had a mardy strop when Nugent didn't allow him to take it. Anyone else notice this? Seeing as Brum went straight down the other end and scored, had Knockaert had his way and missed, it could have cost us again.

I think Knockaert is technically gifted and capable of a lovely pass or dribble but his overall contribution is almost always pitiful.

He got almost a standing ovation yesterday for tackling an opposition player and winning the ball

Seemingly absent was the realisation that, 30 seconds earlier, we were in a promising attacking position when he fannied and farted around the ball like a complete cock, and pissed away possession in the first place

'tis one of those things I'm afraid

Last edited:
Incidentally, does anyone know whether there will be tickets available to buy on the gate at Charlton next Saturday?

Anyone fancy meeting up for a few beers? (PM please).

He's young, and hopefully will learn.
I did notice that he was turning towards the bench during set pieces. Hopefully to ensure he was doing the right thing

He's young, and hopefully will learn.
I did notice that he was turning towards the bench during set pieces. Hopefully to ensure he was doing the right thing

I noticed that when James trotted over to take a corner in the second half. Look to me like Knockaert was flapping his arms around saying 'I won it, I want to take it!' Nige gave a wag of the finger and the matter was settled.

So have we ruined another great little prospect or is Knocky's demise from a great creative flair player with a great eye for goal to a talentless fool who isn't even allowed to take a corner any more his own (strange) doing?

Last edited:
So have we ruined another great little prospect or is Knocky's demise from a great creative flair player with a great eye for goal to a talentless fool who isn't even allowed to take a corner any more his own (strange) doing?
Think it's more of a compromise than anything sinister

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670