Leicester 4 Barnsley 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think those of us sitting to the left side of the Kop had the view that showed exactly how good this goal was. With players running to give him options to both sides, King took the responsibility on himself and, already having carried the ball for over 30 yards, deliberately slotted it just inside the keeper's left-hand post. To suggest it was any less of a goal than the other three is nonsense.

Yeah but it weren't in the top corner was it?

Had it been 8 feet higher everyone would be saying it was the best goal. IMO all four were superb finishes.

But what might have happened if the asst hadn't flagged for the off-side before their goal and we hadn't managed the clearance off the line just after it?

:icon_rollBut whaf if all those shots we had in the second half the keeper didn't save, what if van's shot didn't hit the crossbar, what if, what if.....

It never fecking happened, so don't worry about it!:102:

What about Kings interception in his own half and run through to score from outside the box?

I tell you, maybe not as spectacular but a fine goal nonetheless.

Four GREAT goals yesterday.

Absolutely, they were all a joy to watch.

Four excellent goals, I thought King's chip was sublime.

I tried to re-create Kingy's chip at footie training earlier and looked a bit of a narna when I totally fluffed it. I get enough bloody stick for wearing my city shirt as it is!

Absolutely astonishing that both Alan Young and Ian Stringer and even Sven gave Mee their man of the match award yet people on here still criticise him. Sometimes you have to wonder whether people know a good footballer from a park player.

Beauty of football forums. Havent got a clue how Stringer's opinion matter.

I'll leave a full opinion of Mee until I've seen him five times.

I have never seen a better set of Leicester goals ,four contenders for goal of the season in one match! Sublime long distance strikes from Gally and Naughton and two brilliant individual efforts from King.

Anyone remember a better selection?

Maybe we didn't boss the game as much as the scoreline suggests but who really cares?

Svennis is instilling confidence in the team to such a degree that the early season debacles are fading like a bad dream...

Yeah but it weren't in the top corner was it?

Had it been 8 feet higher everyone would be saying it was the best goal. IMO all four were superb finishes.

In which case everyone is an idiot - 8 feet higher and it wouldn't even have been a goal.

I have never seen a better set of Leicester goals ,four contenders for goal of the season in one match! Sublime long distance strikes from Gally and Naughton and two brilliant individual efforts from King.

Anyone remember a better selection?

Maybe we didn't boss the game as much as the scoreline suggests but who really cares?

Svennis is instilling confidence in the team to such a degree that the early season debacles are fading like a bad dream...

I remember the game against Peter Taylor's Hull I think, the Gudjonson halfway line lob, I think they were all pretty cracking goals.

Just got a message from a Villa supporting mate of mine who said "Since when do Leicester score amazing goals? Not just 1, but 4! I've never seen a game with that many amazing goals. See you in the Prem!"

Was nice to hear!

Naughton's obviously steals the show, but all were class.

Just got a message from a Villa supporting mate of mine...

It's good to konw taht soemobdy is siltl in tucoh wtih Nwets.

Great result from average performance. Kings best game in a City shirt. Wellens, Abe , Yak and Vassell were all below par. Bamba is very entertaining I just keep thinking he is getting away with it at the moment. On the day they all click somebody is in for a damn good thrashing.

In terms of the best goal, I would give it to King's first. It was nonchalant and complete class. The others were great strikes but this was measured to perfection and a sign of a true quality performer.

Your fault. You should have threatened him and his dad that you would strangle the little fecker if he didn't desist.

Then you should have called a steward to eject them. That's what they are there for. You were weak and got what you deserved..... a good kicking.

Thanks for the tip, how do you suggest I deal with the fans in other teams colours? I'm thinking a forearm smash or perhaps a flying headbutt?

Kingy's second as fantastic? Not for me.. It was good, but considering the other three that were scored, not good enough. Maybe I'm being picky..:102:

I thought King's first goal was the best of the day. Yes it's great to see someone blast one in from thirty yards, but the confidence, skill and precision King showed to chip the keeper when there were defenders closing him down was something special.

Thanks for the tip, how do you suggest I deal with the fans in other teams colours? I'm thinking a forearm smash or perhaps a flying headbutt?

Nah, just smile and engage with them politely and they'll return the compliment.....

Its just good to see us having a go from distance instead of trying to do an 'Arsenal' and walk it into the net - even better that they went in, hopefully theyll be more where those come from:038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669