Post Match Leicester 5 Manchester United 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a negative note did anyone witness the rather unpleasant incident down Filbert St after the game?

Some mental Geordie's analysis. I like this guy already.

Note: says '****' a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that was a game and half. De Laet was getting ripped a new one at times in the first half, but what mental toughness to go out in the second half and give their defenders absolute kittens. Vardy also, as well as his pace he was bullying them ( entirely fairly IMO ). Sometime's it's a man's game and we stood up and they didn't.

Sorry,

There was an altercation between City fans walking towards the Fbar and Utd fans who were stuck in traffic in their car. Think someone knocked on his window so the bloke got out and started confronting people, he ended up slapping a couple of blokes which turned out to be an extremely bad idea when they set about his car and started dragging people out of it, I walked off but it looked like it was going to get worse for the lads in the car.

This may well have already been covered in this thread, but for those lucky enough to have been there, how good was the atmosphere in the ground? It sounded like it was absolutely rocking on the TV, even when we were 2-0 and 3-1 down, so what was it like?

It was literally rocking. I'm sure the ground is designed to do so but yesterday was the latest in a long line of occasions on which I've felt sure the concrete below would buckle. The noise was brilliant but, **** me, was I shitting myself.

It was literally rocking. I'm sure the ground is designed to do so but yesterday was the latest in a long line of occasions on which I've felt sure the concrete below would buckle. The noise was brilliant but, **** me, was I shitting myself.

On sky when we scored (our fourth I think) the TV Camera in the gantry (I assume) adjacent to the away fans was going up and down as the fans jumped around, it literally was rocking...looked brilliant on the TV though... :)

Weird day all round. A game that none of us will ever forget and It's great reading all the posts in this thread.

While the match was on I was in some odd hotel room keeping up-to-date with the game with twitter (long story). I don't know if others in the hotel heard me shouting and jumping around the room with news of the 3rd, 4th, & 5th goals but I don't really care!

I just watched the full game and, to me, after we got the pen to make it 2-3 it seemed that only Leicester were going to win the game. United didn't really create anything serious and the sight of Leicester going forward and scoring is tremendous. The players reaction to Cambiasso when he scored is wonderful and worth seeing many many times. Great to hear the City crowd clearly in full voice for long periods too.

On sky when we scored (our fourth I think) the TV Camera in the gantry (I assume) adjacent to the away fans was going up and down as the fans jumped around, it literally was rocking...looked brilliant on the TV though... :)

They mentioned that in the commentary here in the US which incidently was different from the one on Sky in the UK. I watched some of the link that was posted earlier in this thread, where the UK had Alan Smith as the summariser we had Martin Keown. I also noticed that the feed we get on television in the US has the crowd somewhat muted compared to the Sky one and the streamed ones. You hear crowd noise but it's difficult to pick up any real words. They're terrified of hearing dodgy language here on network television....violence is OK but a four letter word is taboo, bloody ridiculous.

Sky also mentioned the Ulloa song at the beginning and said ''they have written a song about him that says he is flipping expensive - or something very similar.''

You could clearly hear the real words on the sky commentary.

I sit two rows in front of the cameras and commentators so was feeling what they were feeling. It gets like that after every City goal because of bastards trying to kill me doing the Poznan but yesterday it was sustained. I may just be of too nervous a disposition but looking down to see the stadium moving is bloody terrifying.

The roar when Cambiasso's went in was absolutely ear splitting. You can judge the quality of a goal by the number of strangers you cuddle afterwards, especially if they're miserable feckers who you've sat next to for years and never spoken to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669