Post Match Leicester City 1 - 0 Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian Holloway is a carrot crunching pirate twat. If he wants to pick fault with refereeing decisions perhaps he should mention that we should have had a pen a few minutes before the incident. The ****ing prick.

Evened itself out as far as I was concerned.

As well it will over the course of the season.

I can understand Holloways frustration, it's a shitter when it happens to your club, but I doubt he'll level a load of criticism at the next ref to give Blackpool a dodgy penalty. It all adds to the drama of the game, too. Brilliant when it goes for you.

I thought we looked very classy at points yesterday. Vardy looks like a Dickov, Drinkwater an Izzet and King looks imperious, Mark Draper-like.

In all, let's all kiss each other. One by one, it's better.

As well it will over the course of the season.

I can understand Holloways frustration, it's a shitter when it happens to your club, but I doubt he'll level a load of criticism at the next ref to give Blackpool a dodgy penalty. It all adds to the drama of the game, too. Brilliant when it goes for you.

It doesn't though, really. Teams like Reading, for instance, may need all the points they can get and a poor decision cost them a point at Chelsea. They may end up getting a goal later on that is offside, but it has a good chance of being an inconsequential goal in a defeat.

Never a penalty. The one Dyer was though

Evened itself out as far as I was concerned.

It was a really soft penalty, but before we got it there were two other situations early in the 2nd half where the ref could have given us penalties. Both would have been harsh but I sat with the feeling that the next controversial situation would give us a penalty. And so it did, harsh or not.

It was a really soft penalty, but before we got it there were two other situations early in the 2nd half where the ref could have given us penalties. Both would have been harsh but I sat with the feeling that the next controversial situation would give us a penalty. And so it did, harsh or not.

Don't really see how the Dyer penalty would've been harsh at all. Dyer was about 10 yards out and the player just slid in and took him out from behind without getting the ball. Not only a stonewall penalty but a definite red card as well.

Last edited:

It was a pen-lol-ty.

Couldn't believe the ref gave it. Having seen replays, the first challenge on Vardy didn't look as much of a pen as we all thought at the time, but the slide through the back of Dyer was a blatant foul. Vardy made a meal of the tackle which the ref deemed a foul but any striker would in that situation. Holloway's indignant reaction at full time was really pathetic, the FLS showed a great shot over Nige's shoulder as he turned around to shake IH's hand, but the gremlin was stomping his feet and railing at the 4th official.

I agree with Lanx and Proffondo, Drinkwater had an impressive game. Both he and King gave us a steady base to spread the ball from side to side. Not to mention the fact that they had three Blackpool center mids to think about, although Osbourne, Ferguson and Gomes were pretty poor.

Pearson obviously has us working on movement in and around the box, the final ball just needs to be a bit more decisive, especially when delivered in from the channels.

Don't really see how the Dyer penalty would've been harsh at all. Dyer was about 10 yards out and the player just slid in and took him out from behind without getting the ball. Not only a stonewall penalty but a definite red card as well.

Sometimes they are given sometimes not. Depends on the view the ref had. I think he knew he could have given it and that was why we got it in the next situation

Sometimes they are given sometimes not. Depends on the view the ref had. I think he knew he could have given it and that was why we got it in the next situation

Oh, there's no doubt it was given because he missed the one before that. My point was, Blackpool are moaning because he got that decision wrong, but if the ref had gotten it right and not given that one, but given the one before that was, then Blackpool should've been down to 10 men, so the ref's mistakes actually favoured them somewhat.

Last edited:
I thought we looked very classy at points yesterday. Vardy looks like a Dickov, Drinkwater an Izzet and King looks imperious, Mark Draper-like.

In all, let's all kiss each other. One by one, it's better.

Drinkwater and King will take some dislodging from the starting line up. I always had King down as the new Muzzy personally, although I never saw Draper play. (Or I was just much too young to remember)

Big up Kingy for his 200th appearance too, best centre mid we've had for years.

King and Drinkwater definitely developing a really tasty partnership in the middle of the park. Think the two of them just seem work really together and look far better individually playing alongside each other than they have in the past playing alongside Wellens or Danns.

I love King almost as much as I love tits! But not quite.

Oh, there's no doubt it was given because he missed the one before that. My point was, Blackpool are moaning because he got that decision wrong, but if the ref had gotten it right and not given that one, but given the one before that was, then Blackpool should've been down to 10 men, so the ref's mistakes actually favoured them somewhat.

Did you see what went on in the Palace vs Shef Wed match? The ref gave a penalty to Palace but then went back on his decision on advice of the linesman and gave a drop ball in the area. He then changed his mind again and just decided Wednesday could have a free kick.

Palace went on to score a winner after that, Wednesday's manager Dave Jones was fuming because in his words 'The fans were baying for blood' and the Palace had all of the momentum.

It doesn't though, really. Teams like Reading, for instance, may need all the points they can get and a poor decision cost them a point at Chelsea. They may end up getting a goal later on that is offside, but it has a good chance of being an inconsequential goal in a defeat.

But the decisions will equal themselves out, more or less. The points dropped will sting obviously, but that's by the by. The human errors will be repeated and theres no reason to think that they'd favour any one team more than another (Manchester United excepted).

Got to love Andy King, it's a long time since we've had a player here who I really felt was "ours".

Like I said, pre-Burton, he's the first player to reach 200 appearances for us since Robbie Savage, over a decade ago and he's not far off 50 goals for us either.

Also, want to add, he looks far more like a captain now than he did a couple of years back when he was captain. Could see him in the middle of the park yesterday organising the midfield and he never seems like anyone who would just moan at players and bully people around the same way Wellens seems to when he's captaining as well.

He's a top man. I want his babies.

Last edited:
I reckon King and Vardy are related, cousins at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669