Leicester City 1 - 0 Nottm Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quality result, could and should have had more, Vassell will be left wondering what the hell happened! Camp made some very decent saves and weale made two which made him the right choice over Kirkland this evening.

All in all, the leicester city we know are there came out tonight. Wish gally got more shots on target-ö bit of a nearly-man as it stands.

Just saw the posession stats on BBC -

Leicester 42%
Forest 58%

Would have expected that to be the other way round?

Five games - ten points in October
Five games - ten points in November

Solid progress and we'd be challenging for the automatic places were it not for the Portuguese moron. In Sven we trust.

Excellent result tonight. Bednar was better than Howard. Vassell and Gallagher still don't deliver enough wide for me.

Notts Florist were a bunch of defensive, time wasting, cockends.

Wooohoooo!

Felt like shit the last few days, considering packing in uni because I hate the course. BUT this coupled with fun in the snow has cheered me up no end :)

Five games - ten points in October
Five games - ten points in November

Solid progress and we'd be challenging for the automatic places were it not for the Portuguese moron. In Sven we trust.

Excellent result tonight. Bednar was better than Howard. Vassell and Gallagher still don't deliver enough wide for me.

Notts Florist were a bunch of defensive, time wasting, cockends.

was shit in first half looked well off the pace.

Florist were shockin in the scond but we pushed them and made them panic

ps thanks to the bird who fund my phone when it went flyin ater the goal

Last edited:
But Dublin clearly doesn't know the laws of the game.
It doesn't have to be deliberate to be a foul. If the ref thought it was careless but not deliberate he could have still given a penalty.

I don't think it was even careless myself although it might have been difficult for the ref to see that Cunningham's eyes were trained on the ball rather than on the man.

Second half was men against boys... In Sven we trust, it's coming together I reckon...

Really good stuff. Forest had a clear game plan - defensive, 1-on-1 marking, and then play balls over the top. In the first half this mostly worked - if anyone controlled the ball before passing, then there'd be a player on. Abe made a difference because he so often just takes one touch - second half Vassell broke away better. It's good to see a well-organised team well beaten.

Abe is simply superb...

I'm now starting to agree, his first few matches he was truely awful, but since he has got fit and used to the way we play he seems to be getting more valuable to the team in every match.

There was something magical about tonight, with the snow coming down silently and the tense atmosphere.

I thought Bednar looked good, probally not the answer to any goal shortage but definately creative and held the ball up well. It was his run that created the goal after he held the ball up for Vassell. Cant really judge just yet, but im pleased.

Abe is far becoming an absolute coup, his energy and awareness is just superb. Reminds me of Ji Sung Park he just seems to have bags of energy,and to the untrained eye it might come off that he has quiet games, but hes fast becoming as important as anyone else.

Curtis Davies should be playing for Villa in their form, getting him in permanently would be our best transfer for years.

Wooohoooo!

Felt like shit the last few days, considering packing in uni because I hate the course. BUT this coupled with fun in the snow has cheered me up no end :)

Don't give up until you have swapped courses or had a chat with someone. :icon_wink

Weale 8 - hardly put a wrong foot in, 2 vital saves
Naughton 7 - Solid at the back, did go forward but no killer crosses, and were surprisingly out of pace against their left winger (tyson?)
Davies 8 - Solid as ever
Hobbs 6 - Just not as good as Davies, and that terrible back header
Cunningham 8 - can play long and short passes well, defensively unbeatable
Wellens 8 - Keeping the good form
Abe 8 - Quality touches, controlled the midfield
King 8 - Timely run into the box for the goal.
Bednar 6 - Disappointing. Failed to hold off defences... 2nd half wasn't much better either.
Vassell 9 - MOTM for me. Ran his socks off a few occasions when he lost the ball, can't fault his committment, threatening in attack, set up the goal (although a bit lucky to get through the defence)
Gallagher 6 - Terrible left-footed miss in the 2nd half. Didn't do much apart from taking shit corners.. I miss Waghorn's corners. Should've subbed off earlier.

Howard - 7 Did ok with the shot but couldn't control the ball due to pressure from their defence
Dyer - 6 Didn't have the chance to control the ball and run at defences
Waghorn 6 - should've been on 10 minutes earlier... some nice runs into the box though

McLeary gave a first class demo on exactly why he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a Forest first team shirt.

McGugan = anonymous
Cohen = ditto
Moussi = ditto ( marking for the goal :icon_roll )
Adebola = ditto, hope his injury is serious and career threatening

Team selection = poor
Team performance = abysmal

Defo penalty and anywhere else on the pitch it was a foul.

Not good enough and deserved to lose.

Not that it mattered a great deal but thought that the ref was overly penalising Morgan and appeared to give nigh on everthing your way.

However - not good enough and best team on the night won.

Makes a change from at your place where Morgan was commiting bodily assault everytime and nowt was given.

If ours wasn't a penalty neither was yours:icon_razz

You weren't shit btw......we just made you look like you were.

Onwards and upwards!

Makes a change from at your place where Morgan was commiting bodily assault everytime and nowt was given.

If ours wasn't a penalty neither was yours:icon_razz

You weren't shit btw......we just made you look like you were.

Onwards and upwards!

:005::005::005::005::005::005:

Defo penalty and anywhere else on the pitch it was a foul.
The two most blatant penalties of the night were on Vassell and Wellens. Earnshaw is a diving goofy twat!

The two most blatant penalties of the night were on Vassell and Wellens. Earnshaw is a diving goofy twat!
Hope you aren't driving anywhere today with those blue tinted specs on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669