Leicester City 1 - 0 Nottm Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody brilliant result! Could and should've had more. Defence was water tight, and up front was excellent! Bring on the Wasps!!!

Last edited:
Was once again very annoyed by Don Goodmans continued "Anti-Leicester" commentary, the guy really is pathetic at times...

Was once again very annoyed by Don Goodmans continued "Anti-Leicester" commentary, the guy really is pathetic at times...

he kept banging on about Forest's penalty claim which was not a foul and barely mentioned the blatant foul on Vassell.

That said even he was forced to admit that Forest didn't deserve anything from the game at the end

Is he anti-Leicester?

I'm not disputing it, I just always assumed he was an idiot.

We were good tonight and when we upped the tempo there were real hints we can be really good. Abe, king and wellens are good together. Don't fancy oakley's chances of getting back in any time soon.

Bednar unconvincing but clearly not fit. Some intelligent play.

Want to give weale a mention. Very professional in the circumstances.

Any chance of Davies permanently?

Were we good? or did Forest make us look good? I think we good in patches..our passing was excellent at times but also we gave the ball away to much.

The midfield made Forest look ordinary and as for Vassell please Sven play him in a more central role.

Thought Vassell looked as though he dithers on the ball a bit too much. Not entirely convinced by Bednar either. Think the game was won in midfield as Wellens and King were outstanding for us. Reckon Wellens has a touch of the Robbie Savage in his prime..

ooooooooh yeah, nice, Watched it on a frustrating stream so missed the goal but saw the rest. Thought we passed it very well and it was mostly one touch stuff. Gallagher was solid, won a lot in the air and rarely wasted possession. Abe also won a lot in the air considering his height. Wellens bossed it completely. Good energy from Vassell, Bednar was ok but a bit crap really. Weale did very well with the (cheating twat) Earnshaw chance. 1-0 flattered them.

Up to 14th and just 5 points off the playoffs and within 2 of Forest. Good performance, not great, just good. There were a few miss placed passes from Hobbs for example which tarnished it a bit. Good to get another win over local rivals and good to see pace throughout the team. King gets the goal again and would possibly deserve man of the match had it not been for Wellens resolute, solid and inventive performance. Some of his dribbling into the box reminded me of a certain Neil Lennon and surely one of his shouts must have been a penalty.

On another day it could have been 4-0. A decent game and just glad that snow only started to fall in the last 15 mins or so!

One other note, despite the feed being pretty shoddy, I could hear the Leicester fans singing more than the Forest ones which is the first time for ages at a home match. Good to hear, literally.

....although I did not hear the classic "row row row your bed, nar nar nar nar nar, goal goal goal goal and then he hit the bar" but there is still time.

Thought Vassell looked as though he dithers on the ball a bit too much. Not entirely convinced by Bednar either. Think the game was won in midfield as Wellens and King were outstanding for us. Reckon Wellens has a touch of the Robbie Savage in his prime..

I actually think he's a better player than Savage. If he was a bit much quicker, he'd be playing Premiership football.

Forest tactics were far too negative, played for the draw in effect and playing Adebola uptop on his own wasn't going to cause us issues. Their whole team is full of brat attitude. Gunter, Cohen, Camp, Morgan, Chambers, Bertrand all showed sportsmanship and mardyness. No surprise to see Ramsey walk off at the end not acknowledging any of them.

Completely missed this was on at 4 in the morning.

Can't believe I set an alarm but slept through. Lovely way to wake up though.

Felt almost disappointed about how p1ss poor Forest were compared with last year. They hustled us fairly well in the first half - nice to see they had the dodgy 'keeper tonight. We totally bossed them after the break - Abe and Richie excellent.

Bednar - needs to bed in I suppose - but his first touch is poor and I can't see how that will improve. Grudgingly accept Vassell is showing glimpses of past glories.

I actually think he's a better player than Savage. If he was a bit much quicker, he'd be playing Premiership football.

Forest tactics were far too negative, played for the draw in effect and playing Adebola uptop on his own wasn't going to cause us issues. Their whole team is full of brat attitude. Gunter, Cohen, Camp, Morgan, Chambers, Bertrand all showed sportsmanship and mardyness. No surprise to see Ramsey walk off at the end not acknowledging any of them.

Forest tactics were painfully obvious from the outset and to be fair were what you might expect from the majority of away sides in this league. Get men behind the ball and hit us on the counter. Pity for them they didn't have much of a plan B when we got through!

Thought the first half was fairly even, maybe we just shaded it, but second half was pretty much all us so a well deserved win. Thought the ref was okay. We got a fw free kicks we probably shouldn't have but for me the pull back on Vassell was a stone wall pen that he got wrong but Earnshaw's claim was no way a penalty. So he got that right, an innocent tangle of feet as Dublin said post match but to me Earnshaw was looking for that as soon as he felt the slightest contact, looked like a swan dive in my book!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669