Leicester City 1 - 0 Nottm Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you aren't driving anywhere today with those blue tinted specs on.
Are you denying that the vassell and wellens incidents were penalties?

Are you denying that the vassell and wellens incidents were penalties?
Wellens absolutely not. Vassell's would have been very harsh but I believe I would wanted it.

Earnies was a trip pure and simple

Wellens absolutely not. Vassell's would have been very harsh but I believe I would wanted it.

Earnies was a trip pure and simple
wellens had his legs taken even more blatantly than earshaw :icon_eek:

Too awful to even think about!

0,,10274~9239962,00.jpg

We beasted Notts Forest.

And why can't they be called Notts Forest any longer? They were Notts Forest on my Shoot League Ladder in the 70s. Well, Notts F - but it's the sameish thing.

We beasted Notts Forest.

And why can't they be called Notts Forest any longer? They were Notts Forest on my Shoot League Ladder in the 70s. Well, Notts F - but it's the sameish thing.
They insist on being called 'Nottingham', even though they're not in Nottingham. Unlike their neighbours, Notts County, who are in Nottingham. While Forest aren't. So, in summary: Notts - in Nottingham. Nottingham - in Notts.

They insist on being called 'Nottingham', even though they're not in Nottingham. Unlike their neighbours, Notts County, who are in Nottingham. While Forest aren't. So, in summary: Notts - in Nottingham. Nottingham - in Notts.

Madness gone mad.

I thought Abe was fantastic, always moving and giving his team mates options, releases the ball quickly to keep momentum. Instrumental to the way we played.

Impressed with Vassel's work rate, always tracking back.

Not sure about Bedner, doesn't have the presence of Howard, or the pace of Waghorn. Hopefully he'll improve.

A very tasty result, all told

The midfiled three, yet again, were simply outstanding - each as good as one another, and genuinely work together as a team. I'm no massive fan of the 4-5-1/4-3-3 but it does allow those three to dominate the game from start to finish. Abe's workrate is exceptional, Wellens sprayed it about very nicely, and the off-ball running of King is just fantastic. I've said it before, but he is a Gerrard or Lampard in the making.

Vassell beginning to look decent. Bednar awful, IMO - his effort is exceptional but his touch is feckin' dreadful, is unable to hold the ball to bring in any other players, and I can't remember him winning anything in the air. He 'controls' it further than I can pass it. I'll put it down to lack of match practice/sharpness for now, but he's got to improve an awful lot. Howard showed him how to do it properly when he came on

Definite pen on Earnshaw - couldn't be more cut and dried to me. I've seen them given for the Vassell challenge, but not very often

Very disappointed with florist, who were overly negative, and incredibly wasteful. Morgan really is woeful, isn't he ?

Onwards and upwards we go :038:

Last edited:
Great result. Everybody was solid. We need to make the likes of Naughton and Davies permanent players here. Andy King again proving himself one of the brightest talents in this division. I thought Wellens was by far our best player, he was awsome. Abe impressed me too, sweeping up the bits. Was a tad disapointed with Gallagher, again. Vassel looks good, bit clumsy here and there though. As for Bednar, he looked decent, holds the balls up well and can only get better!

Exciting times really, playoffs is looking good for us, looking forward to the Watford match (going to be my first away game :D)

Come on City!

Last edited:
Most enjoyable watching the game down my local last night. There were a couple of gobby Forest fans in...........they slunk out without a word. Lovely.

The midfiled three, yet again, were simply outstanding - each as good as one another, and genuinely work together as a team. I'm no massive fan of the 4-5-1/4-3-3 but it does allow those three to dominate the game from start to finish. Abe's workrate is exceptional, Wellens sprayed it about very nicely, and the off-ball running of King is just fantastic. I've said it before, but he is a Gerrard or Lampard in the making.

Vassell beginning to look decent. Bednar awful, IMO - his effort is exceptional but his touch is feckin' dreadful, is unable to hold the ball to bring in any other players, and I can't remember him winning anything in the air. He 'controls' it further than I can pass it. I'll put it down to lack of match practice/sharpness for now, but he's got to improve an awful lot. Howard showed him how to do it properly when he came on

Definite pen on Earnshaw - couldn't be more cut and dried to me. I've seen them given for the Vassell challenge, but not very often

Very disappointed with florist, who were overly negative, and incredibly wasteful. Morgan really is woeful, isn't he ?

Thought his touch was better 2nd half than 1st and held it well for the goal.

Last edited:

Suspect Bednar had been watching Vassell for his control skills but at least Vassell setup the goal with his donkey touch.

Forest the worst side we've seen at the Walkers this year?

When oh when is Gallagher going to learn how to take a decent corner? Some of them were just woeful.

When oh when is Gallagher going to learn how to take a decent corner? Some of them were just woeful.

Abe should be taking corners. Once he's learned the words 'can I take a corner please' I'm sure they will improve.

Solid game from everyone. Abe was just everywhere and MOTM in my opinion. I was surprised how many headers he won!

Agree that Bednar looked off the pace in the first half, but caused Morgan all sorts of problems.

There was minimal contact on Earnshaw when he went down, not to mention the fact he was running after a ball he wouldnt have even got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566