Post Match Leicester City 1 Charlton Athletic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I do not agree with the booing from the crowd as it really doesn't help things at all, that was terrible tonight and if we really want to be in the mix for the top two come the end of the year, we need to get some players in as when teams like to sit back against us, we show very little creativity to break them down.

Whilst still not impossible, surely just a distant dream now.

Win our games in hand and we are 3 points behind. Things have been poor recently but is by no means season over yet.

I was really confident once I saw the line up. That's our strongest team, for me. Bringing Dyer on was the correct substitution but I'm not sure what Gallagher was supposed to offer. Not that he was any worse than many of them though. We don't lack ability in our first eleven so I can only assume that they are mental weaklings who shit themselves and retreat into their shells once we lose a match.

Last edited:
Whilst still not impossible, surely just a distant dream now.

A distant dream? Are you kidding me? We'd be 3 points off if we win our 2 games in hand. We've still got 45 points to play for - a long way yet to be writing us off!

I was really confident once I saw the line up. That's our strongest team, for me. Bringing Dyer on was the correct substitution but I'm not sure what Gallagher was supposed to offer. Not that he was any worse than many of them though. We don't lack ability in our first elecen so I can only assume that they are mental weaklings who shit themselves and retreat into their shells once we lose a match.

Thought it was interesting that we brought on 3 midfielders and not any of the backup strikers.... Not questioning the subs because they seemed like the right decisions, but just wonder if that's indicative of Pearson not having much faith in the other strikers now?

Win our games in hand and we are 3 points behind. Things have been poor recently but is by no means season over yet.

I agree there is still plenty to play for, but not 2nd place. Watford are getting stronger, Palace are thru a dodgy spell, and Dull have their foot to the floor.........whilst we are hopelessly out of form.

I agree there is still plenty to play for, but not 2nd place. Watford are getting stronger, Palace are thru a dodgy spell, and Dull have their foot to the floor.........whilst we are hopelessly out of form.

A pessimist like you would have said the same thing for them about us at the end of January.

I'd be surprised if at some point we're not 1 result away from the automatic places between now and the end of the season.

That being said, I think that there are 4 teams fighting for 1 space. And I say they're all equally equipped to achieve it.

A distant dream? Are you kidding me? We'd be 3 points off if we win our 2 games in hand. We've still got 45 points to play for - a long way yet to be writing us off!

Yes and thats the biggest IF. Why do people equate games in hand as wins ?

I always felt the Posh game was a real psychological punch in the guts for us. One nil up against the bottom team and the chance to put real pressure on the rivals. Instead we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, and all against a lesser quality team, but one which was prepared to put in a shift.

Sorry, both of us said 'IF' so it would appear neither of assume 2 games in hand equates to 6 points though. Why do you appear to assume that every other rival will win all their remaining game?

A pessimist like you would have said the same thing for them about us at the end of January.

Realism chap, not pessimism. At the end of January we had caught right up after having a previous blip, but not to an extent where we had the opposition trailing in our wake.
I would now sooner be in Palace or Watfords lge position rather than have our games in hand.
The fact 3 teams are now putting the pressure on us, is a concern at this stage of the season. I fully expect at least one of those 3 to finish very strongly, which will make it very difficult for us.

Didnt say that, and they wont. Neither will we.

I agree with Brauny Blue. We're 9 points adrift. That's the most important point. We have to win those two games in hand to be close, which is by no means a given. Even before tonight, I was concerned that we had to win our two games in hand just to draw level with Hull. It's not impossible but we've really shot ourselves in the foot these last two league games and it's compounded by the fact that it was against really poor opposition after taking the decision to rest key players in both of the Huddersfield cup ties. Instead of trying our hardest to add to our winning streak we've inadvertently started a rot. Nigel needs to hold his hands up there and accept accountability for this.

I'm a little concerned and we need to buck the trend quickly.

I'd like to know what the tactical brief was cos we had very little game plan and their attacking threat was all about Yann.

Considering we know that he has a great leap, we still allowed chugging Konchesky to compete with him rather move the defence round from goal kicks. We also know Morrison is good in the aircan't run for treacle yet we kept humping.

Really was a poor quality game. We gifted them a goal, took a bit of luck for ours and then eventually someone did something worth of a professional game of football.

Realism chap, not pessimism. At the end of January we had caught right up after having a previous blip, but not to an extent where we had the opposition trailing in our wake.
I would now sooner be in Palace or Watfords lge position rather than have our games in hand.
The fact 3 teams are now putting the pressure on us, is a concern at this stage of the season. I fully expect at least one of those 3 to finish very strongly, which will make it very difficult for us.

Agreed. We've managed to get into a situation where one minute we are nicely placed to the next minute when we are already talking about mathematical possibilities of automatic promotion rather than having much credible reasons for optimism.

It's vital now that the rot is stopped before we find Brighton and a possible dark horse edging us and Boro out of the play off places. I'm sure many of us have our own takes on why the wheels have started to come off but its too late now to make drastic changes this season. I expect the team to dig in at Blackpool on Saturday and grind out at least a draw.

If - at the end of the season - we remain in this division. I believe that the owners will take the view that the manager has taken the club as far as he is ever likely to do - and their's is the only opinion that really matters.

If - at the end of the season - we remain in this division. I believe that the owners will take the view that the manager has taken the club as far as he is ever likely to do - and their's is the only opinion that really matters.

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me either. Not sure that it's the right move, but very much dependent on who we get in.

Even if we only won 1 of the games in hand, 6 points isn't loads to make up with 39 points (taking out the extra games) to play for.

The form teams are likely to change again about 3 times this season.

Even if we only won 1 of the games in hand, 6 points isn't loads to make up with 39 points (taking out the extra games) to play for.

The form teams are likely to change again about 3 times this season.

Yes I couldn't agree more, but there have also been valid points about other teams sussing us out and we aren't able to accommodate against a defensive minded physical team.

No reason to panic just yet, but I can't help being dissapointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669