Post Match Leicester City 1 Charlton Athletic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
'tis time to start looking down the league, at those who might catch us, rather than up the league at what is required to make second place

After all the comings and goings of the past couple of years, after all the money spent, after all the players discarded, and all those brought in - our 'game changing' options against a run of the mill, reasonably well organised side are Lloyd Dyer, Andy King and Paul Gallagher

It's so breathtakingly average, it could make you weep

I thought we had decided we didn't want to get promoted and it was better to be a top team in the Championship rather than one that struggled in the Prem? Some people need to make their mind up.

Back to the game - shocking result - I blame King, Vardy, Futacs, Beckford, SKY, Pearson, snow, Wellens, Gally, referee, Jesus, Yann for missing the pen, Shearer for kicking Lennon in the face, Dennis Wise and Filbert!

I am also going to boo at everything that doesn't go how I want it to. I have already booed a car that cut me up on the way to work and I have booed my colleague because they forgot to put sugar in my tea.

BOOOOOOOOOO!

Lucky that we're in a very average league then.

Our first team is clearly one of the strongest in the division, and why people keep expecting us to have another Wood/Knockaert on the bench is beyond me.

And whilst Dyer and King are both playing poorly at the moment (hence why they're on the bench), they've both shown that they are good Championship players previously.

Lucky that we're in a very average league then.

Our first team is clearly one of the strongest in the division, and why people keep expecting us to have another Wood/Knockaert on the bench is beyond me.

And whilst Dyer and King are both playing poorly at the moment (hence why they're on the bench), they've both shown that they are good Championship players previously.

Boooooooo!

:icon_cry:

I'm confused about my sexuality too, but all the abuse is ok because I can do an interview in Heat.

I actually agreed with your original post, but everyone else is doom and gloom so I went with the crowd.

Also don't admit you are confused on here...the groomers will appear!

'tis time to start looking down the league, at those who might catch us, rather than up the league at what is required to make second place

After all the comings and goings of the past couple of years, after all the money spent, after all the players discarded, and all those brought in - our 'game changing' options against a run of the mill, reasonably well organised side are Lloyd Dyer, Andy King and Paul Gallagher

Spot on, the old guard on the pitch towards the end of the game spoke volumes.

I can't be arsed to look back and see who posted it, Hazz I think, but I would like Stringer to ask Pearson about the woeful tactics he employed (Konch on Yann and big balls for Morrison to lap up)

I want to hear from his point of view why we kept on doing it, it cost us 2 goals at the end of the day.

For the entire season we have relied heavily on going in front in games, and all season we have been clueless when attempting to chase a game.

The fact he didn't bring Reg or Waghorn on speaks volumes about our options up top.

I'm surprised that anyone who has been following football for more than six months would write automatic promotion off. How many times have we not heard, just in the couple of seasons previous to this one, "that's it, play-offs is out of reach" - only to win our next game and being back in contention?

I don't think we will finish top two, but as FF said (in slightly different words) I think we will get more chances to **** it up.

Last edited:

Yes - my gut feeling is that we won't catch Watford - Watford have used the rules (re international player loans) very smartly indeed. So smart that the rules will be changed to prevent anyone else doing it - something like how we came relatively unscatherd out of administration.

Fortunately for the time being only Brighton are within range of those outside the play off places.

Occasionally some punters on here accuse anyone with any sense as being 'pessimists'. I remind them that we have been our of the top flight for nearly 9 years now - and as you say despite all the money spent we don't seem to achieve much. This certainly can't all be put down to Pearson - but I don't think his judgement on selection, outward loans, tactics is much to write home about.

totally humiliated by Kermogant who was the best player on the pitch
I blame Stringer for a totally stupid interview with him. YK could not have been more motivated and fired up even if he had just won his first cap for France. Stringer: Yann is there anything you would like to say to Leicester fans by way of an apology regarding your missed penalty at Cardiff? Kermogant: If you think I am going to grovel, wear sackcloth and ashes and not try to play my best for Charlton then you are mistaken. I am a professional footballer and have no affinity or loyalty to Leicester. I am a Charlton player and I will play out of my skin, score one goal and create the winner.

Absolute tosh.

Sorry but not one player on our bench last night is a consistent performer at this level.

I would hope not. All the consistent performers should be on the pitch!

20 minutes into this game I knew we'd lost. Any team that comes here with those in your face/closing down tactics gets a result.

I'm afraid some of the mongs on the radio bleating about tactically inept NP rang some truths. Chris Powell was his understudy and yet he bested him last night 150%.

He bested him by 150%.... I would have said 27840923272390230329013879123901324%

Then why Marshall started I'll never know. He's been woeful all season.
He said ALL the consistent performers, not ONLY the consistent performers. Otherwise we could have trouble fielding 11 players for each match.

I remind them that we have been our of the top flight for nearly 9 years now - and as you say despite all the money spent we don't seem to achieve much.

That's the past. Do you not think that this season is looking the most hopeful of all of those 9 seasons, barring maybe Pearson's last play-off season?

The way I see it, we have a 1 in 4 chance of making the automatic promotion spots (as it could easily be any one of 2nd-5th atm) and then subsequently a 1 in 4 chance in the playoffs. So a reasonable chance of promotion (~2 in 5 seasons we'd get promoted). That's not too bad in a competitive league where (as you say) we've struggled in previous years, and I'd definitely have taken it at the start of the season.

Anyone who thought that after either of our 5 win runs we were definites for the automatics is deluded.

But equally, imo, anyone who thinks it's all doom and gloom after a few defeats is equally deluded.

We're on a bad run. It will pick up. Move along.

Absolute tosh.

Sorry but not one player on our bench last night is a consistent performer at this level.

My issue wouldn't necessary be with the bench but how lob sided our squad is.

We counted six senior strikers on our books with additionally Blyth and Hopper as players who've experienced league football. Whereas at left-back, we have one player whose defined position is that. Other options are a risk.

In central midfield, we have the problem of Drinkwater and one other (King or James) yet no replacement for Drinkwater who for me plays very arrogantly and has been out of form for a good month now.

Then we have the issue of the development squad containing players which are beyond their 'development' age, top of their table with one loss all season. Within this squad, there's some talent (Cain, Taft to name a couple) yet they have no chance of getting near the squad.

I sympathise with Pearson because for me we have a massive issue with wages and inequality. We have Konchesky whose ready to graze on big wages, we have Beckford whose doing naff all, we have Danns similarly doing naff all and a crock in St Ledger doing naff all. You combine their wages, you could get in six or more decent players.

However, Pearson's recultance to develop a Plan B whether in tactics or personnel needs to be resolved. If he fails to deliver promotion, he gets the bullet and as much as I like him, it would be partly deserved (though there's the bigger issue over sustainability on our wages).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669