Post Match Leicester City 1 Portsmouth 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Schlupp looked enthusiastic which is more than you can say for most, but he also looked too lightweight and naive, was too easily pushed off the ball or tackled. Hopefully that'll come as he gets a bit older though.

I thought Schlupp looked enthusiastic which is more than you can say for most, but he also looked too lightweight and naive, was too easily pushed off the ball or tackled. Hopefully that'll come as he gets a bit older though.

I'm not questioning his enthusiasm but this doesn't win you games. He wasn't involved in the game at all after the first 10 or 15 minutes. Whether this was because of tactical ineptitude on the part of the manager or player naivity is hard to assess but either way he was no better (or no worse) than anyone else today. Beckford looked far more effective than most when he made his appearance.

I'm not questioning his enthusiasm but this doesn't win you games. He wasn't involved in the game at all after the first 10 or 15 minutes. Whether this was because of tactical ineptitude on the part of the manager or player naivity is hard to assess but either way he was no better (or no worse) than anyone else today. Beckford looked far more effective than most when he made his appearance.

I agree, I don't think Schlupp played any better or worse than anyone else and I'd include Beckford in that, who I also don't think looked far more effective either bar that one run which he should've pulled back rather than shot. For me, Nugent was the only player going forward who I thought looked a goal threat all game and he should never have been taken off.

Last edited:
I agree, I don't think Schlupp played any better or worse than anyone else and I'd include Beckford in that, who I also don't think looked far more effective either bar that one run which he should've pulled back rather than shot. For me, Nugent was the only player going forward who I thought looked a goal threat all game and he should never have been taken off.

you seriously have it in for Beckford. Good run and produced a shot that forced a save which fell to King who should have done better and a run into the box that should have been a penalty. How he was 'no better' than anyone else in a poor team performance today is beyond me.

The decision to take Nugent off was unfathomable. I don't think anyone outside of the club management professes to understand it. Beckford was far more effective in that he actively looked to run forward and fulfil a striker's role albeit not without error. I can forgive this however as he looked more accomplished in his short spell than Schlupp did at any stage. Don't get me wrong, I think Schlupp has potential and don't question the decision to start with him today, but he has a lot to learn if he is to move forward.

In a previous post I said that Danns looked good as a sub, I take that back, he was feckin woeful, (mind you, it enabled him to fit in with a fair few others).

1 question, what has happened to Andy King from last season? Certainly doesn't play like the same player.

Also, Don Goodman, is a feckin bellend.

you seriously have it in for Beckford. Good run and produced a shot that forced a save which fell to King who should have done better and a run into the box that should have been a penalty. How he was 'no better' than anyone else in a poor team performance today is beyond me.

I'm not denying it wasn't a good run and not trying to get into an argument with you, I just felt like everyone else bar Nugent, his bad points cancelled out his good points today i.e. his failure to put any effort into pressing the opposition, him not seeming to even try to win a ball in the air and seeming to want to ball to just land on his head and him not looking up before he passed the ball leaving him to play it into no man's land, that is all. I didn't think it was a poor team performance either, just a mediocre one, which about sums up the last 10 1/2 months of the calender year.

Re: Leicester City 1 Portsmouth 1 I TOLD YOU SO !

I hoped I never had to say it ..... But when the mad masses said I was wrong to say that Sven had not been given enough time I kept my own council.

At least with Sven we saw some effective football when in possession of the ball and reasonable organisation when we hadn't.

Admittedly I wanted to see a bit more tempo but that would have continued to improve as the players got to know more about each other.

Good Old Nigel. Leave out the 'flair' players with undoubted quality, bring back the dross that was failing last year, 'Get it Forward quicker' (translated to 'give the fecker away'). 'Leave the defensive duty to someone else'. Mismanage the whole lot. Spend a lot more money in January and still get sacked in April. Laugh all the way to the bank !

Leave us all gutted

Sounds like there are plenty of players that do not want to be here.

I hoped I never had to say it ..... But when the mad masses said I was wrong to say that Sven had not been given enough time I kept my own council.

At least with Sven we saw some effective football when in possession of the ball and reasonable organisation when we hadn't.

Admittedly I wanted to see a bit more tempo but that would have continued to improve as the players got to know more about each other.

Good Old Nigel. Leave out the 'flair' players with undoubted quality, bring back the dross that was failing last year, 'Get it Forward quicker' (translated to 'give the fecker away'). 'Leave the defensive duty to someone else'. Mismanage the whole lot. Spend a lot more money in January and still get sacked in April. Laugh all the way to the bank !

Leave us all gutted

I wasn't a Sven hater but that's total bollox. We could have quite easily lost that match under Sven.Sven sold players cheaply and replaced them with more expensive who were no better.

Leave out the 'flair' players with undoubted quality

Just looked down the team sheet to try and think of who you referring to and still can't figure it out. Which flair player has he left out which SGE didn't?

Last edited:
Agreed, he looked ****ing disgusted with his team mates at one point when absolutely nobody offered him a pass when under pressure, and also when absolutely nobody offered him an option from a throwing.

Let's hope we can keep him and **** off the likes of Wellens etc.

Also I thought Abe had a solid game.

Can't blame him. Not enough effort from a good number of our players. It sounded like an improved performance over all today but still not good enough. I don't think the booing of Wellens is right but I don't think Nigel is helping matters by consistantly playing him when it is obvious he is in very poor form. Andy King was pretty anonymous again today, unwilling to make those off the ball runs and gambles. A good example was when Beckford was attacking the defender and forced a save from the keeper and a Pompey defender beat him to the rebound. I think an Andy King in form would have got to that first. These players need dropping but with all the talk from Nigel about 'players that want to play for the club' you get the impression that our alternative midfield options in Fernandes and Johnson don't want to be here - so I think Nigel has probably been a bit limited in what he can do so far.

There were positives though despite the bad result. The goal was a cracking header from Nuge and an equally good delivery from Gally. Defensively we still look a bit shakey. Beckford looked decent for the most part when he came on and he made the effort to run at players. Don't think it would be a bad thing to add Billy Sharp to the ranks if the rumoured interest is true as I think we could use a bit more quality competition upfront.

when the mad masses said I was wrong to say that Sven had not been given enough time I kept my own council.

You'd probably have been better keeping your own counsel. Unless, of course, you were talking about a unitary authority you had for your own use.

Look on the bright side, the trees got beaten by the Welshies, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669