Post Match Leicester City 1 Portsmouth 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look on the bright side, the trees got beaten by the Welshies, again.

Isn't that 7 or 8 games they've not scored in now?

Even Coventry are closing in on them!

Isn't that 7 or 8 games they've not scored in now?

Even Coventry are closing in on them!

7 it is, which is a Club record. The Forest lot is not a happy lot:icon_bigg

http://www.talkforest.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=33831&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Anyone else hear the Sky Sports reporter talk about Forest's efforts to score and then say 'bless em' !!!???

Like a parent would say whilst watching their 9 year old play!

'Bless em' - how more embarrassing can this club get?
:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Last edited:
Down to 14th now and 7 points away from the play offs. See us sliding down further rather than moving up. Thanks Nigel

Happy new year to everyone. Hopefully January will be an improvement....can't get much worse

Anybody laying the blame squarely at the feet of the current manager is an idiot. The reason we aren't where we would like to be is because our team isn't good enough. The club is in a bad place at the minute and has been since its last relegation from the top flight. The only two seasons in the last eight or so in which we have appeared to be travelling in the right direction were under Pearson's stewardship. People would do well to remember that. We can judge Pearson after he has had a transfer window to build his own team. Preferably the summer window.

This doesn't mean that the man and his methods should be above criticism, of course. Whoever posted up thread about his disdainful treatment of Ian Stringer following today's match has it spot on. Stringer wouldn't be doing his job properly if his line of questioning doesn't reflect the mood of the fans with whom he has contact and Pearson needs to be more open to the fact that the paying public will want to know why performances have been below par recently.

This doesn't mean that the man and his methods should be above criticism, of course. Whoever posted up thread about his disdainful treatment of Ian Stringer following today's match has it spot on. Stringer wouldn't be doing his job properly if his line of questioning doesn't reflect the mood of the fans with whom he has contact and Pearson needs to be more open to the fact that the paying public will want to know why performances have been below par recently.

Stringer wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't ask but Pearson wouldn't be doing his job if he answered. That said it wouldn't hurt Pearson to be a bit more civil.

Stringer wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't ask but Pearson wouldn't be doing his job if he answered. That said it wouldn't hurt Pearson to be a bit more civil.

That's fair enough. It's his manner with Stringer that irks. Pearson seems to get off on bullying him a bit.

Look on the bright side, the trees got beaten by the Welshies, again.
Once again we play nicey nicey football and have the vast majority of the play with no end result. Jeez, I dread to think what will happen when we play crap football.

That's fair enough. It's his manner with Stringer that irks. Pearson seems to get off on bullying him a bit.

Which seemed to be amusing the first time around but this time it really seems trite.

Of course the big difference is that Nigel was doing the business last time around.

Which seemed to be amusing the first time around but this time it really seems trite.

Of course the big difference is that Nigel was doing the business last time around.

I'm sorry, Stringer asked a sensible question about SSL to which Pearson provided an adequate and sensible response. Stringer's response was to ask if SSL had been put on the list in order to sell him! Stringer is a shit interviewer and asks ridiculous questions week in, week out. Even Sven used to get arsey with him.

Been out & couldn't see the game but when I switched the box on I wasn't a bit surprised by the result. As HTB said early in thread we have a threadbare squad. The main difference between Sven and Pearson is that Sven was deluding people with tales about our quality. Pearson will look it in the face and say we are not a good side. Talk of promotion is ridiculous - we need to get sorted. The rest of this season is not a waste of time. Pearson needs to re-organise, get rid of those who have no stomach for the long haul and get us performing strongly by the end of the season so we have a springboard for next season. Unfortunately, gates are probably going to fall now but the Thais seem to have the cash so they would have to cover the difference. Time they learned a bit about the realities of the game.

I'm sorry, Stringer asked a sensible question about SSL to which Pearson provided an adequate and sensible response. Stringer's response was to ask if SSL had been put on the list in order to sell him! Stringer is a shit interviewer and asks ridiculous questions week in, week out. Even Sven used to get arsey with him.

Correct, the bloke is a moron. He actually asked Pearson if Abe was still at the club the other week. Idiot.

Amen to that.

Stringer is juvenile and a totally lightweight commentator/ interviewer but we musn't start blaming him for the poor state of the club. We can be certain that there is no contractual requirement for Pearson to be interviewed and if Radio Leicester can't put up someone with a bit more maturity best if Pearson declined the interview opportunity.

Stringer is juvenile and a totally lightweight commentator/ interviewer but we musn't start blaming him for the poor state of the club. We can be certain that there is no contractual requirement for Pearson to be interviewed and if Radio Leicester can't put up someone with a bit more maturity best if Pearson declined the interview opportunity.

I wasn't blaming him for the state of the club, just commenting that I can understand why Pearson finds him insufferable. For what it's worth I have had contact with Stringer outside of his journalism and he was just as big a tool then as well.

Down to 14th now and 7 points away from the play offs. See us sliding down further rather than moving up. Thanks Nigel

When he turns it around and we're in the top 6, I hope you are going to be as forward with your praise!

Anybody laying the blame squarely at the feet of the current manager is an idiot. The reason we aren't where we would like to be is because our team isn't good enough. The club is in a bad place at the minute and has been since its last relegation from the top flight. The only two seasons in the last eight or so in which we have appeared to be travelling in the right direction were under Pearson's stewardship. People would do well to remember that. We can judge Pearson after he has had a transfer window to build his own team. Preferably the summer window.

I couldn't agree more. We did very well previously under NP, and it is my belief that we would have won promotion last season had he stayed in charge.

He has come back and has half a squad of players who aren't his signings, so he basically has to start afresh.

I have faith in him to get it right if he's given the time, but I feel it's been a huge waste of time since he left previously, and of money spent by Sven.

I wasn't blaming him for the state of the club, just commenting that I can understand why Pearson finds him insufferable. For what it's worth I have had contact with Stringer outside of his journalism and he was just as big a tool then as well.

Sorry I wasn't intending to suggest that you were. My clumsiness. My badly made point was something like that in the disillusionment from this season (fans having been fed a load of sh-te including by RL and the Mercury, its easy to turn on the messengers). On the occasions I am unfortunate to hear Stringer he sounds like someone who is trying to ape the role of a proper football commentator with backing from the 'expert' Alan Young who was quite a decent old fashioned centre forward to be fair - but who listening to Stringer is season by season moving towards being annointed as an old time City great - which he wasn't. But ultimately Stringer and the Mercury are near to being irrelevant. The real culprits are the club that brought in mediocre players and presented them as quality - and unfortunately have wasted resources on well OTT fees and salaries. Does that matter? Yes it does because it's likely that there is less dosh swillingaround for better players and a better overall skills set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669