Post Match Leicester City 1 Portsmouth 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another below-par display, for the third home match in a row.

December has been a shocker, ever since Mills was sent off at Hull.

January is a huge month, not just on the pitch. Can Pearson make the required changes to improve our form and make sure our season is interesting beyond Easter?

Another below-par display, for the third home match in a row.

December has been a shocker, ever since Mills was sent off at Hull.

January is a huge month, not just on the pitch. Can Pearson make the required changes to improve our form and make sure our season is interesting beyond Easter?

This isn't really at you, but why are people expecting vastly different performances from the same 11 players (more or less)?

On a positive note, Beckford looked dangerous, I felt.

I thought his attitude was atrocious, if he started I'd have back him for a red card.

On the way to the ground, I was saying to DD and others how well M'boro have done this season. That's exactly what needs to be done here. Pearson did the same at Hull. It's not going to be pretty but it will put us at a better foundation for success. Most worrying thing however is the lack of confidence and talking.

When he turns it around and we're in the top 6, I hope you are going to be as forward with your praise!

I've always said if he proves me wrong I'll eat my words. I even alluded to the fact when he made a convincing start that I may have been wrong. That said even if we were to get promoted under Pearson I'm still not convinced his method of play would keep us in the Premier League but I'd still tip my cap to him for getting us there.

I thought his attitude was atrocious, if he started I'd have back him for a red card.

On the way to the ground, I was saying to DD and others how well M'boro have done this season. That's exactly what needs to be done here. Pearson did the same at Hull. It's not going to be pretty but it will put us at a better foundation for success. Most worrying thing however is the lack of confidence and talking.

What did he do that was so bad?

The argument in the corner with their defender for start.

Tosh, if you look at it again, it looked like he didn't even notice the defender was on the floor. The defender then get's the arse, and JB stands his ground.

Radio Leicester can't put up someone with a bit more maturity best if Pearson declined the interview opportunity.

Likewise if Nigel can't conduct himself properly then best leave it to Craig Shakespeare.

I'm no Stringer apologist, but someone with character should rise above petty childishness and insults.

Just listened, and I think NP has every right to question IS about the "clueless" statement.
IS should have asked the "caller" what he meant by clueless, before questioning NP.

Stringer clearly stated that a caller had made that comment and Nigel chose to believe that it was Stringers own opinion in order to have a pop.

Anybody laying the blame squarely at the feet of the current manager is an idiot. The reason we aren't where we would like to be is because our team isn't good enough. The club is in a bad place at the minute and has been since its last relegation from the top flight. The only two seasons in the last eight or so in which we have appeared to be travelling in the right direction were under Pearson's stewardship. People would do well to remember that. We can judge Pearson after he has had a transfer window to build his own team. Preferably the summer window.

This doesn't mean that the man and his methods should be above criticism, of course. Whoever posted up thread about his disdainful treatment of Ian Stringer following today's match has it spot on. Stringer wouldn't be doing his job properly if his line of questioning doesn't reflect the mood of the fans with whom he has contact and Pearson needs to be more open to the fact that the paying public will want to know why performances have been below par recently.

A very good post especially the first paragraph.

I do think that people have misjudged the interview. It was very good piece of journalism - after all we are discussing it which shows it was interesting. Ian Stringer is a journalist who got an interesting reaction from Nigel . Nigel's reaction was the right one. If somebody describes an employee as "clueless" I would expect their boss to deny it in public. I would guess that in private Nigel has used far stronger language.

Incidentally I remember Ian Stringer on the phone-in once saying that he had not got on with Nigel - the implication being that his relations with Sven were better. That of course was when Nigel was safely away in Hull and Stringer did not expect to interview him again.

Those who think Nigel was rough on Stringer should go to You Tube and watch "John Motson gets destroyed by Brian Clough". Motson's body language gets more and more uncomfortable and yet it is a brilliant interview in which he reveals the real Brian Clough.

We played badly, Pearson had the arse and so took it out on a person he sees as an easy target. I've no issue with people thinking Stringer is crap at his job. I agree that he is. If Pearson shares this view then perhaps he should take it up with Stringer's bosses. There's no need to try embarrassing the bloke on the radio.

Stringer clearly stated that a caller had made that comment and Nigel chose to believe that it was Stringers own opinion in order to have a pop.

It was rather pathetic, but remember, Person must be feeling the pressure: he may be getting double the pay at Leicester, but if words like 'clueless' start to emerge, then a swift pay-off will not be far behind.

Consider, also, that Ian Stringer is a journalist; he may well have included the question specifically to achieve a reaction. Sadly, NP is rather predictable and goading a manager in difficulties is all part of the job.

NP was just after more information. You can't call someone's tactics etc as clueless without backing up what you mean.

I think you're all taking it a bit seriously. Sounds like he just misunderstood in asking for clarification and when Stringer said it was the fans views he just said they were entitled to their opinions. No malicious intent there.

I thought Schlupp looked two divisions underweight. It's good for his development but in all honesty it really shows our lack of depth (Prof was right afterall).

Wellens, well. How he has declined so badly is beyond me. He needs to have a good look at himself. He needs to be dropped to give him a kick up the backside.

I cannot wait for NP to get going in the market... and by the sounds of it he already has a few players in mind.

I thought Schlupp looked two divisions underweight. It's good for his development but in all honesty it really shows our lack of depth (Prof was right afterall).

Don't. I'll be insufferable. :icon_lol:

Wellens, well. How he has declined so badly is beyond me. He needs to have a good look at himself. He needs to be dropped to give him a kick up the backside.

I cannot wait for NP to get going in the market... and by the sounds of it he already has a few players in mind.

To be fair to him, I thought Wellens looked better with the partnership yesterday than he has done in a while, but still below where he was last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669