Post Match Leicester City 1 Portsmouth 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... When Pearson says he need to change the mentality I can see what he means....

But Pearson HAS changed the mentality: under Sven, we were possibly delusional, but we believed we had a chance of promotion - our belief has gone through the floor - not just the fans but the players too (Naturally, this is a surmise based on what we see).

This is a close division: if NP does not turn things around - and soon - we will be looking over our shoulders at the relegation battle.

Last edited:
That's our season over according to those around me. I assume they won't be back down next year.

Unless some kind of miracle occurs over the next month then we have no chance at all of the play-offs, not because we are too far away, simply because we are very very average.

We will not create enough over the season to reward ourselves with any type of play-off finish.

The difference between the two sides today was that pompey wanted it more! 87mins on the clock we push forward and there whole side is busting a gut to get back and stop us scoring. Wellens and Gallagher were idle today, that is where we came undone IMO. Judging by Pearsons post match interview players are coming in. we need a minimum of two midfielders one central and one left.
Frustrating

particularly Ian Stringer ;)

Hahaha, it sounded like he wanted to stick the nut on him when Stringy mentioned the word 'clueless' with regard to the players

Perhaps it's just me, but I think it does Nigel no credit at all to behave like that on a radio interview. Stringer is only asking questions that a lot of fans would like to ask and for Nigel to react like he did is frankly pathetic.

What does he think it says about him to end the interview by referring to Stringer as 'lad'?

OK, so he is hurting, hopefully as much as the fans, but if he can't take the questioning then perhaps he should just stay in the dressing room and send Craig Shakespeare out instead.

Pathetic Nigel, really pathetic.

Last edited:
Perhaps it's just me, but I think it does Nigel no credit at all to behave like that on a radio interview. Stringer is only asking questions that a lot of fans would like to ask and for Nigel to react like he did is frankly pathetic.

What does he think it says about him to end the interview by referring to Stringer as 'lad'?

OK, so he is hurting, hopefully as much as the fans, but if he can't take the questioning then perhaps he should just stay in the dressing room and send Craig Shakespeare out instead.

I get the feeling he is reeling, he looked furios on SKY. Maybe there are players there who dont give a sh*t, what is frustrating is the bare minimum a professional playe should do is try, effort was scarce today, not mention technical ability, still I trult believe NP will turn it around!

A quick summary of the interview, please?

Absolute wank that was. Fair play to the fans who bothered to attend a predictably awful game.

Get ready to see some decreases in attendance figures.

A quick summary of the interview, please?

Stringer asked Nigel some questions.
Nigel made it clear he didn't like the questions.
Nigel made it clear he didn't like Stringer.

Quick enough?

We sat a bit nearer than usual and I have to say towards the end the players just looked so timid and silent as though they'd completely resigned themselves to not winning that game. You knew we weren't going to get a winner just from the player's body lanaguage.

The exception to this was Paul Konchesky, sitting further back I don't usually see this, but he was the only player out there trying to motivate and gee up the side and his team mates when the other 10 players all look dejected. He's the man we want as captain.

And NP's post-match interview on RL was hilarious. :icon_lol:

Last edited:
I get the feeling he is reeling, he looked furios on SKY. Maybe there are players there who dont give a sh*t, what is frustrating is the bare minimum a professional playe should do is try, effort was scarce today, not mention technical ability, still I trult believe NP will turn it around!

On what basis, if players are't putting the effort in why does he steadfastly refuse to drop wellens? he was terrible and mucked up a great chance for schlupp. He's the master of his own downfall at the minute.

Midfield really has no fight whatsoever, Abe was the only midfielder getting involved in tackles. Defense looked clueless. Schlupp and Nugent were the only players who looked like changing the score to a winning one. Schmeichel had a howler, worst I've seen him play. Seriously need to get a winning mentality or we'll be lucky to stay up!

I thought Beckford looked a cut above when he came on. Should have had a penalty although I won't say it was a stone waller. Seen them given but seen them waved away like today. Was annoyed that Beckford was the one dropped after Nugent was the more absent in the last fixture but he got a goal today so I can't be too critical. I thought Abe played well again in that holding role but there were very few notable performances and Portsmouth always looked the more dangerous.

The exception to this was Paul Konchesky, sitting further back I don't usually see this, but he was the only player out there trying to motivate and gee up the side and his team mates when the other 10 players all look dejected. He's the man we want as captain.

Agreed, he looked ****ing disgusted with his team mates at one point when absolutely nobody offered him a pass when under pressure, and also when absolutely nobody offered him an option from a throwing.

Let's hope we can keep him and **** off the likes of Wellens etc.

Also I thought Abe had a solid game.

There just seemed to be no one on the pitch with any hunger to win the game, apart from perhaps Abe and Konchesky. i bet Applecore will be well happy with the result though

We wers hocking (again) and now Twitters busted Not sure what im going to do.

Any ideas where i can hear a reun of the NP/Stringer interview i missed it adn it sounds like it ws unmissable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566