Post Match Leicester City 1 Real Madrid 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Dyer for City.

Callejón and Benzema for Real Madrid

Last edited:
Shocking result.

We buy all these players and can't even beat a piss poor Spanish team.

Sven out.

Bamba seemed to play really well. Was also impressed with Danns and Peltier!

I watched a bit of an annoying stream.

Missed the goal saw a a fuzzy replay, looked like the Spanish defence just stopped and let Dyer score?

Schmeichel MOTM some great saves in 2nd half. Danns & Vassell looked good.. Too early to say, but I'll say it anyway.. Mills expensive!

I thought Bamba had a really good game.

Peltier looks composed. Schmeichel made some fantastic saves.

Very pleased with how we looked.

Attendance was 32,188 which I believe is a club record.

A record at the current stadium.We had some much bigger crowds at Filbert Street.
Quite a good average attendence at the King Power Stadium so far

Overall that was pretty entertaining. We looked half decent.

I think so too... although I know of one TB member who was at the match and posted on facebook that he was bored :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Thought Danns was good, Bamba looked solid had a good game, basically the defence despite the two goals were pretty solid, much much better than last season. We definatley need a striker, there is no real cutting edge.

What Jose Mourinho had to say (translated)

Jose Mourinho appeared in press room after the meeting that marked the fifth consecutive win for Real Madrid this season. The Portuguese coach spoke of "a tougher game than the Berlin Wall," and said he was happy for a victory that "has helped a lot. I like to give minutes to all players and I'm happy. " Real Madrid coach has been analyzed so far the preseason: "It was a different game to those who played against teams in the U.S. and Mexican Americans. It was a match with another rhythm, more European. The Leicester proved to be a good team that aspires to rise to the Premiership this season. Once in Berlin we played at a different pace but today has been harder. " On the match against Leicester said: "The first time I played with people who played 90 minutes in Berlin. I like to give minutes to all and I'm happy. We played a tough game, rhythm, aggressive but clean and that helps us a lot. Leicester has been a tough opponent and has served us very much. I'm happy here. We're no injured player because Sahin has not played but my decision. We just have to Altintop low and that's positive for us. " On the absence of Zidane in Berlin and England coach White said: "Zidane is the director of the first team. Has been in Los Angeles, but you have to do things in Madrid and now my turn and the players work and go forward to prepare for the season. We are pleased with your progress as a manager and I increasingly find myself happier and adapted. " The British press asked about a possible Mourinho exit Benzema to Arsenal and coach was emphatic: "There is nothing like that. Benzema does not move from Real Madrid. There is no speculation. "

Thought Danns was good, Bamba looked solid had a good game, basically the defence despite the two goals were pretty solid, much much better than last season. We definatley need a striker, there is no real cutting edge.
Who is Coventry's equivalent to Sergio Ramos?

Well, I may be in a minority but I was a little dissapointed. We sat right of Madrid and let them have the freedom of the park. Madrid where quality (as they should be) but what impressed me was the Barca esc type closing down when we had the ball. No room was given every man was closed very very quickly. Quite possible that too much respect was being given. Having said all of that we're not going to be playing teams of Valencia and Real's quality every week (or any week come to that)

To the players: I thought Casper, Bamba and Vassell came out with great credit. I thought Wellens was poor, gave the ball away time and again and looked lethargic. His crazy flicked blind pass over his head to no one lead to their break away and first goal. I thought King looked a much better option in the second half and thought he played well. Johnson looks like he's got decent vision and a good pass but will need time to sort his fitness out.

I know it's against Real Madrid but if Richie is going to play like that then with Fernandes and Johnson in full training and knocking on the door Wellens game time could be limited.

EDIT: Also thought Nugent played well as a lone striker, felt sorry for him at times.

Last edited:
And what Sergio Ramos had to say (translated)

Real Madrid scored against Leicester City their fifth win in five games, which shows the good work being carried out in summer. Sergio Ramos expressed his satisfaction at the end of the meeting: "The season is turning out perfect. We're playing well and the newcomers have adapted very well. Everything is going well and we are eager to start, "said defense white. The Sevilla player highlighted the positive successes in these crashes, but always with the aim of reaching optimum conditions for the official matches: "It's important because it is adding wins to endorse the great work we are doing this spring. The idea is to limit the time the season starts and we're all very excited. " "It's very nice to play in England. There are a lot of passion and always treated very well by the teams. For us it is a pleasure to play here. Now we left for the Asian tour and return good start, "said Sergio Ramos on the match against Leicester.

From the dodgy internet stream I thought we looked reasonable. I think it is always difficult to make a judgement in these types of games for various reasons. Next Saturday will for certain be a much different challenge. I suspect a lot more physical and a lot more kick and rush. if Bamba maintains that form he will be player of the season. I thought the full-backs looked steady but I think the crucial decisions are going to be made in the midfield. I suspect the starting three might be Wellens, Danns and Abe, though i'd like to see Danns, Fernandes and King/Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669