Post Match Leicester City 1 Real Madrid 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest opinion? Found it a bit boring tbh. Real could have gone up a couple of gears and we didn't want a hammering. Be completely different for both teams when the real stuff starts (though I suspect that's as tough as it gets for Real pre-season).

I wanted to vomit pre-match, it was like a circus. Not a football club basically. Real Madrid shirts and clueless opinions also on show. To put it nicely the whole day, the whole package looked nice but I didn't feel anything. A bit like looking at Page 3 really ('she's only 22; I'd pull in Mosh with an invite of a Vanilla Slice, Bulmers and Stone Roses playing in the background')

.Some decent performances though - Bamba take a bow. Equally Gally and Wellens looked mugs.Be interesting to see if that 4-5-1 is more of a 4-3-3 come Saturday.

Last edited:
Thought Bamba, Danns, Konchesky, Mills and Vassell had the best games out of all of our players. You can't really judge much on a friendly though, especially against such good opposition... Johnson did look a bit large. As friendlies go it was an enjoyable game, but it doesn't compare to a match that actually means something and I did find my attention wandering occasionally - I am pretty desperate for the season to start now though. No idea why there was so much booing going on for the Real Madrid players.

Really enjoyed the game.

Just to echo what others have said about how well both Bamba and Konchesky played. Mills, Vassell, Danns and Schmeichel all impressed me too. With the exception of Wellens who was absolutely dire, thought pretty much everyone put a good shift in today.

Wellens the new scapegoat then?

:icon_roll Don't be silly, he's got loads of pashun.
I think it was a bad day at the office for him yesterday but I really believe that the extra competition this season will bring the very best out of him.

One memory that will take a while to fade was of two young men walking away from the stadium holding hands. Nothing wrong with it of course, but it was strange to see at the footy. No doubt they were drawn to the game at the prospect of seeing Matt Oakley.

Good on 'em. I think that's brilliant. Especially in a 'middle England' city like Leicester.

Progress!

I thought Filbert's guitar performance with the corner flag whilst the girl was singing the GnR track was outstanding.

Just watched the replays on SSN and I have to say that Lloyds goal was really good!

Definitely a fun afternoon, although I was gutted (unrealistically) that we couldn't manage a draw as I really wanted to see penalties, especially as I wouldn't really be bothered when we'd lose.

Some good performances from our players esp. Sol and Kasper. Embarassing fans boo-ing, espeically as I had been impressed that Ronaldo stopped on his warm up during the first half to sign autographs for fans who had made it to pitch side.
Aside from the football I thought the club handled the occassion well in that fans were allowed up to the pitch side before, occassionally during (as above) and after the game without there being too much hassle from the stewards, just some polite tannoy messages and request to go to seats. I had expected them to be fair more heavy handed.

Although this was a friendly ,i thought the our team as a whole did very well,i could name quite a few leicester players that looked very good and a couple not so good,but its early days for them yet playing together,so lets not start any moaning about them ,i just think if we can get good striker or two (and im sure will ,we will be going into the prem .

Few questions from yesterday

1) Where was Pantsil?
2) Where was Yann?
3) Does Schlupp's non-inclusion on the team photo mean he's off on loan?
4) Will God think I am a bad man for lusting after a X-Factor contestant?
5) How come noise akin to live music was allowed in the stadium when we've told it wasn't allowed?
6) Were the bars in Madrid howling with laughter when Steve Howard walked on the pitch?

Bamba was IMO the best player in a City shirt and barely missed a trick all game, had Kaka in his pocket in the first half. Closely followed by Schmeichel who made a few very good saves. Also impressed with Konchesky, Danns & Nugent. Nugent seems very sharp up front, definitely seems to be an intelligent player. Konchesky looked solid and seems to have decent distribution. Danns will make good competition for places in the midfield, he'd definitely be in at Cov if I was picking the team. Mills looks a good player, seems definitely to wear his heart on his sleeve, puts his head in where it hurts (too much for a pre-season friendly!) but happy with him.

St.Ledger was the only one who I can say looked a bit dodgy when he came on, wayward passes & very nervous, I'm hoping that was just because of the opposition.

Madrid always looked like they could just kick things up a gear if they wanted, never got out of first gear really. Xabi Alonso came on at half time and completely changed the game, his passing & vision was simply incredible. Also very, very impressed with Sergio Ramos.

A good run out for our boys.

Looking at the comments, people are desperate for us to fail.

Rod Liddle in the Sunday Times "one can but hope they will fail. There is something singularly irritating and ineffectual about Sven"

I think we are going to have to get used to being the Man c/Chelsea of the division. Comes with the territory.

The fact that so many people hate SGE just says it all about how the media completely destroy everyone who ever manages England and that includes Alf Ramsey. He always comes across as one of the most down to earth, gentlemanly and professional people in the game.

I have absolutely no idea why anyone would want to take the England manager's job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669