Post Match Leicester City 2 - 0 Swindon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ref total shit for two reasons.

Allowing Konchesky to stay on the pitch for the worst tackle I'd seen all season and allowing both sides to take set pieces ten yards away from the occurrence of the foul.

Thought Peltier was doggo with Mills as bad first half. I think Danns is terrible passer of the ball but does a lot of graft. Jermaine, St.Ledger and Kasper brilliant.

I didn't say anything about 'going flying into tackles' being the be all and end all of the game. I simply stated that he had a poor game and that was the part I picked out about that his game that was particularly poor and is in fact consistently poor. There was at least one instance today that if he'd put his foot in and not been a fairy about it he would've had a shooting opportunity. But I guess we can't expect commitment and tackling from players these days.

Why we have some obsession with kicking the ball to Gallagher to win the header is beyond me, because as you point out, he is awful aerially. I just don't rate him, he pulls off one or two good passes a game that might set up a goalscoring chance or scores a free kick and everyone loves him and thinks he's the bees knees.. He's just lightweight.

Everyone hates him round me and constantly give him dog's abuse, so no idea what you're on about everyone loving him. Tackling is a less and less relevant skill in the modern game, in fact if you watch the international or contental game you'll see barely a tackle all game. Positional sense, pressing and keeping possession are rightfully seen as far better ways of defending outside of England, because they keep possession and/or position, whereas tackling doesn't. How often have we seen Mills or Bamba charge out of position to make a tackle/block/win a header this season and then teams get in behind them when the ball is deflected back to them?

I thought Gallagher closed down players and pressed them well today, it's not all about "getting stuck in" (lest we have that godawful "get into 'em, **** 'em up" chant), keeping position and shape will always be better than attempting a tackle unless you know 100% that you can not only win that tackle but also keep the ball after the tackle and not let it run loose.

Ref total shit for two reasons.

Allowing Konchesky to stay on the pitch for the worst tackle I'd seen all season and allowing both sides to take set pieces ten yards away from the occurrence of the foul.

Thought Peltier was doggo with Mills as bad first half. I think Danns is terrible passer of the ball but does a lot of graft. Jermaine, St.Ledger and Kasper brilliant.

Agreed. Konchesky's challenge was atrocious, about as clear as red cards come.

Tbf to Mills, he did much improve second half, but I agree, SSL was digging Peltier and him out of holes all first half. Peltier was pretty poor throughout though.

Last edited:
Everyone hates him round me and constantly give him dog's abuse, so no idea what you're on about everyone loving him. Tackling is a less and less relevant skill in the modern game, in fact if you watch the international or contental game you'll see barely a tackle all game. Positional sense, pressing and keeping possession are rightfully seen as far better ways of defending outside of England, because they keep possession and/or position, whereas tackling doesn't. How often have we seen Mills or Bamba charge out of position to make a tackle/block/win a header this season and then teams get in behind them when the ball is deflected back to them?

I thought Gallagher closed down players and pressed them well today, it's not all about "getting stuck in" (lest we have that godawful "get into 'em, **** 'em up" chant), keeping position and shape will always be better than attempting a tackle unless you know 100% that you can not only win that tackle but also keep the ball after the tackle and not let it run loose.

What I meant by 'everyone loving him' comes from the fact that when he scores a free kick or does something that they class as special, they feel that he's the best thing since sliced bread and say 'well 3 weeks ago he scored a quality kick', as a reason for keeping him in the side.

I think you're misunderstanding the point I'm making, I'm saying when Gallagher has a perfectly good chance of winning the ball he doesn't even attempt to make the tackle, or dangles a leg praying for a minor miracle that he may come out with the ball. 95% of players given the chance to make a tackle will at least attempt to make it, Gallagher doesn't and it is so utterly frustrating. He's one of the most frustrating players we have, he has the ability to do things that are fantastic and at times breathtaking but they are far too infrequent and he doesn't do enough in games to warrant a place in the side.

He can count his lucky stars that we have such a short supply of wingers/wide midfielders.

Last edited:
I have to agree with 'Prof', still to many chances being created a better side should and will take them if there on offer.However we appear to be on the right track, certainly SSL has been impressive in the last few games and on this form Bamba will struggle to get his place back. Mills seems to trust SSL,he's certainly a more conventional centre back than Bamba and maybe that helps. The big question for me is can SSL keep this form going or will he slip back to the early season player who didn't deserve his place in the side? The 'Boro', will be a good test on Wednesday, they had a bad loss to 'Covscum'' last time out, so will be itching to get back to winning ways at our expense, they certainly have the players to take chances if they are presented, so the defence has got to be on top form.

What I meant by 'everyone loving him' comes from the fact that when he scores a free kick or does something that they class as special, they feel that he's the best thing since sliced bread and say 'well 3 weeks ago he scored a quality kick', as a reason for keeping him in the side.

I think you're misunderstanding the point I'm making, I'm saying when Gallagher has a perfectly good chance of winning the ball he doesn't even attempt to make the tackle, or dangles a leg praying for a minor miracle that he may come out with the ball. 95% of players given the chance to make a tackle will at least attempt to make it, Gallagher doesn't and it is so utterly frustrating. He's one of the most frustrating players we have, he has the ability to do things that are fantastic and at times breathtaking but they are far too infrequent and he doesn't do enough in games to warrant a place in the side.

He can count his lucky stars that we have such a short supply of wingers/wide midfielders.

I don't think anyone is suggesting Gallagher is the long-term answer, but I don't think he warranted the constant abuse people around me were getting on at him today, as I said, I thought he had a decent game and a couple of others certainly had worse games.

Last edited:
Relieved to get through, potential upset avoided and we didn't play at our maximum.

Konchesky was reckless and didn't need to be, very fortunate to stay on.

Beckford played very well, linked with the rest of the team.

Very impressed with the swindon fans, put ours to shame for 90 minutes. Good job we were up against a poor side because we were very lackluster.

Beckford took his goals well, I like his smile.

Very impressed with the swindon fans, put ours to shame for 90 minutes. Good job we were up against a poor side because we were very lackluster.

Beckford took his goals well, I like his smile.

I wouldn't say they were poor. They definitely look far too good for League 2 from the way they created opportunities in front of goal. They just missed composure in front of goal.

Sorry Homer, didn't think he was THAT bad. He had a direct shot saved and his cross led to Beckford's goal.

He was, and always is an absolute steaming pile of Shit. Seeing him pull into the ground in his 50k car is even more of an insult.

I wouldn't say they were poor. They definitely look far too good for League 2 from the way they created opportunities in front of goal. They just missed composure in front of goal.

Being too good for league two means nothing, we were there for the taking but luckily they had very little to trouble us.

I thought Swindon looked a good side when you take into account the league they're in. I agree that their fans were excellent. We weren't great but we didn't need to be. It was a fairly comfortable win and there should be plenty left in the tank for Wednesday. Nice to see St. Ledger put in another very good performance.

Being too good for league two means nothing, we were there for the taking but luckily they had very little to trouble us.

It does when you're saying the opposition was poor. not many would have thought they were two divisions below us going by their display today.

Very impressed with the swindon fans, put ours to shame for 90 minutes.

It was their cup final, their big day out.

Even our miserable lot would be up for that if the situation was reversed.

Anyway, they lose a couple of points for not coming with any balloons.

He was, and always is an absolute steaming pile of Shit. Seeing him pull into the ground in his 50k car is even more of an insult.

£50K? This was one of his tweets yesterday:

"Any1 want to buy a car ? Audi S5 ,2011 white, 20inch alloys,top spec , 9000miles, £38,950 ... "

It was their cup final, their big day out.

Even our miserable lot would be up for that if the situation was reversed.

Anyway, they lose a couple of points for not coming with any balloons.

Agreed, however our fans offered nothing to the atmosphere of the fa cup
Evrn in the final 10 mins when 2-0 up, was very disappointed.
£50K? This was one of his tweets yesterday:

"Any1 want to buy a car ? Audi S5 ,2011 white, 20inch alloys,top spec , 9000miles, £38,950 ... "
so you think he is. selling a car for the price.he purchased it at when it was brand new? Obviously our little gally is bored of.his 50k car already and is looking to spend some of his well earned wages on another play thing. What a sad industry we all contribute to.

It's always a pleasure to have Lako moaning about our fans. Just as well, since it happens so often.

so you think he is. selling a car for the price.he purchased it at when it was brand new? Obviously our little gally is bored of.his 50k car already and is looking to spend some of his well earned wages on another play thing. What a sad industry we all contribute to.

Wow. Bitter much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00