Post Match Leicester City 2 - 0 Swindon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on. He kept drifting into the centre leaving Peltier defensively exposed (who is play twenty yards too forward at the mo) and then when attacking leave Peltier no out-ball....he had to play right back and right wing.

That may well be the managers instructions, and if not Pearson knows Gally well enough, so the game plan must have been for Peltier to play that role.

That may well be the managers instructions, and if not Pearson knows Gally well enough, so the game plan must have been for Peltier to play that role.

Not everything that happens on a football pitch is the will of the manager.

No, but as i said the manager knows the players and picks his team accordingly.

And had absolutely no other options to choose from, hence the bench containing two kids.

I'm sure if Gallagher wasn't supposed to be tucking into midfield he would have been told so in very clear terms every time he tried it.

If you play winger you tend to get more of a bollocking than most because the boss is right in front of you.

Lako is right though. Gally (as all footballers do) gets paid far too much and is one of the biggest pansy of a footballer I have ever seen at Leicester.

You could have just said 'I agree' if that's all you can come up with.

What is a pansy? You surely can't mean the openly homophobic use - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pansy - so I'm guessing you mean he is a flower?

If you're going to use a dictionary to prove a point it's best to use one where people can't just make stuff up.

I always thought the word pansy was used to describe an effeminate man, but didn't necessarily imply homosexuality.
Dictionary.com agrees with this definition.

Slang: Disparaging and Offensive .
a. a male homosexual.
b. a weak, effeminate, and often cowardly man.

In other terms, a puff.

Eh? What's one of those? The action of smoking on a pipe? A sugary breakfast cereal? A magic dragon who lives by the sea?

Last edited:
That doesn't answer anything? I don't agree, what do you mean by he is a pansy?

Obviously by using the term 'pansy' I actually mean that I hate all gays, I wish they were all dead and that they rot in hell. Seeing them and hearing them speak makes my blood boil but God will have the last laugh on this.

(right, this is obviously a joke but seeing as some people, **cough cough Matt_B cough cough** cannot comprehend some, I feel I should clear it up and they are the exact opposite of my views)

Last edited:
Athletes get paid based on their ability to generate revenue, same as most of the rest of us.

Their salary, generally speaking, reflects their worth to the profession.

To me, it's just another example of English football fans being set in their ways about how a player must be, same reason so many thought Yakubu was crap for being lazy and think Mills and Konchesky are the bee's knees for throwing themselves in front of a few balls and winning a few headers.

Gallagher is a decent player at this level, it's not his game to go flying in for tackles, just as it's not Schmeichel's game to score goals. Players add different things to the team. They don't all have to be big, strong, hardmen or something.

Last edited:
To me, it's just another example of English football fans being set in their ways about how a player must be, same reason so many thought Yakubu was crap for being lazy and think Mills and Konchesky are the bee's knees for throwing themselves in front of a few balls and winning a few headers.

Gallagher is a decent player at this level, it's not his game to go flying in for tackles, just as it's not Schmeichel's game to score goals. Players add different things to the team. They don't all ahve to be big, strong, hardmen or something.

Hooray for common sense!

Obviously by using the term 'pansy' I actually mean that I hate all gays, I wish they were all dead and that they rot in hell. Seeing them and hearing them speak makes my blood boil but God will have the last laugh on this.

(right, this is obviously a joke but seeing as some people, **cough cough Matt_B cough cough** cannot comprehend some, I feel I should clear it up and they are the exact opposite of my views)
At least you were honest.

If you're going to use a dictionary to prove a point it's best to use one where people can't just make stuff up.

I always thought the word pansy was used to describe an effeminate man, but didn't necessarily imply homosexuality.
Dictionary.com agrees with this definition.

Slang: Disparaging and Offensive .
a. a male homosexual.
b. a weak, effeminate, and often cowardly man.

It also agrees that it is offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670