Post Match Leicester City 2 Birmingham City 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have rarely been as irritated by a Leicester team as I have become with these players.

The eleven picked by Pearson yesterday are good players. The 4-3-3 tactic was nearly successful and the loss of two points at the end was not Nigel's fault. The idea of playing Schlupp up front would have worked but for Nugent's mistake.. Jeff looked dangerous up front when he got near the ball. However, that was not often enough as both Drinkwater and King were poor.

It seemed right to me to take Wood off as he was looking tired. However, I would have liked to have seen Moore brought on. According to The Fink Tank in which The Times runs all sorts of match data into a computer the most effective substitution is to bring a defender on for an attacker when you are winning.

There was a great deal of criticism of Harry Kane being brought on and he did nothing to prove his critics wrong. However, it was not Harry Kane or Nigel Pearson who cost us the win; it was a mistake by one of our most experienced players.

You could say that the missed chances in the first half were as much at fault as the penalty. Schlupp, King, Keane were all guilty of missing very good opportunities. There was also the cross that eluded all three strikers who needed only to make contact with the ball to score. To say that Nugent's foul was the reason we drew is a bit of a smokescreen to me.

You could say that the missed chances in the first half were as much at fault as the penalty. Schlupp, King, Keane were all guilty of missing very good opportunities. There was also the cross that eluded all three strikers who needed only to make contact with the ball to score. To say that Nugent's foul was the reason we drew is a bit of a smokescreen to me.

Theirs might have made a difference, his did though.

First goal was further evidence of Konchesky's decline and how playing a striker like Wood as a left winger can cause defensive problems.

Suicidal playing such a lob-sided 4-3-3. It was 4-5-1 with strikers playing wingers. Playing that formation with that personnel, it had to be a far more traditional version of the formation.

Second goal - Nugent ****ing whack the bastard ball away.

First goal was further evidence of Konchesky's decline and how playing a striker like Wood as a left winger can cause defensive problems.

Second goal - Nugent ****ing whack the bastard ball away.

Konchesky for me should be nowhere near the 1st team squad, he is an utter liability and I have not seen him have more than a couple of decent games this season.

As for Nugent, well you have to wonder how a pro footballer with his experience doesn't have the basic skills required to simply clear the fecking ball, It would have been shambolic at Sunday league level, nevermind 2nd tier in the football ladder.

Having said that he's been wank for the last 15 games and never even looks like making the right decision let alone actually scoring goals.

Konchesky for me should be nowhere near the 1st team squad, he is an utter liability and I have not seen him have more than a couple of decent games this season.

As for Nugent, well you have to wonder how a pro footballer with his experience doesn't have the basic skills required to simply clear the fecking ball, It would have been shambolic at Sunday league level, nevermind 2nd tier in the football ladder.

Having said that he's been wank for the last 15 games and never even looks like making the right decision let alone actually scoring goals.

I got a ton of abuse on twitter when I pointed out to someone that he isn't a legend at the club, he has already had 2 long spells of not scoring at the club and if he's not scoring he's generally not doing much positive for the team.

I got a ton of abuse on twitter when I pointed out to someone that he isn't a legend at the club, he has already had 2 long spells of not scoring at the club and if he's not scoring he's generally not doing much positive for the team.

You're not wrong though.

I've said it before (I never said that I was original) - It always amazes me that we need to give a manager time because he's really brilliant, however much the evidence fails to convince, but all our players should be sold because they're rubbish. Nugent may never replace van Persie as the country's top striker, but he's a pretty fair Championship striker.

I've said it before (I never said that I was original) - It always amazes me that we need to give a manager time because he's really brilliant, however much the evidence fails to convince, but all our players should be sold because they're rubbish. Nugent may never replace van Persie as the country's top striker, but he's a pretty fair Championship striker.

Two spells of 15+ consecutive games with 1 or less goal in less than two full seasons don't really show him as a convincing striker in the league, even if he sometimes plays as the wide strike option and has some poor service. Keeping him interested seems to be a problem.

So which manager would you replace Pearson with?

Laughable. As said before, there are only a handful of players in the world that can score regularly enough for our fans.

I'd say we'd do well to keep Nuge in the summer even with his two 15 game dry patches in 2 seasons. Had he not had this he would be most likely been playing for a European spot next year rather than bordering on the play offs in the division below.

Laughable. As said before, there are only a handful of players in the world that can score regularly enough for our fans.

I'd say we'd do well to keep Nuge in the summer even with his two 15 game dry patches in 2 seasons. Had he not had this he would be most likely been playing for a European spot next year rather than bordering on the play offs in the division below.

? If Nugent had scored at a reasonable ratio of 1 goal in ever 3 or 4 games in those spells it wouldn't have pushed the team far up the table but it would have demonstrated that he was a constant threat. I don't expect us to have a 20 to 30 goal every season striker but I do expect a minimum level of performance every time they pull on the shirt.

Didn't Nuge say he expected to beat the 20 goal target about half way through this season? I actually like Nugent but his scoring patterns show him as average, even at this level of the game.

He has never actually scored many goals and he actually provides very little for anyone else, that isn't a dig but the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566