Post Match Leicester City 4 Derby 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because they didn't cost a transfer fee doesn't mean they're not expensive.

Ture, but if you were to pick players on the basis of expense then the first pick should be mills.

Fantastic performance from the lads, for the first time this season I felt like everyone knew their role and new how to play in the system. They looked comfortable and a team that knew each others game.

I thought Nugent was absolutely class, we looked a completely different team with him up front. Also Mills played very, very well & I think is answering some of his critics with his recent performances. I can't remember enjoying a match as much as that for a long time, seeing all of the new team gel and smash a Derby side who have started well was awesome.

Also the atmosphere at the ground was first class all the way through, well done the 12th man too. Totally awesome.

Glorious performance.

Fourth clean sheet in a row, never thought I'd see that under a SGE team, we never even managed that under NP!

Great stuff all round!

Also playing devil's advocate a bit here, but did not having Wellens in the side make a positive difference? Did not having him slowing the game down and dwelling on the ball all the time allow for a lot more quick passing through midfield?

I can't say I've ever been a big a big fan of his, so I'm maybe biased which is why I'm asking the question, rather than answering it.

Last edited:
Also playing devil's advocate a bit here, but did not having Wellens in the side make a positive difference? Did not having him slowing the game down and dwelling on the ball all the time allow for a lot more quick passing through midfield?

I can't say I've ever been a big a big fan of his, so I'm maybe biased which is why I'm asking the question, rather than answering it.

Yup

How could I forget to mention Steve Howard?

Awesome performance from Super Steve today, even went on a marauding run leaving defenders in his wake, forcing a good save from the keeper. Two assists in 10 minutes, cracking stuff Stevie! :icon_wink:038:

How could I forget to mention Steve Howard?

Awesome performance from Super Steve today, even went on a marauding run leaving defenders in his wake, forcing a good save from the keeper. Two assists in 10 minutes, cracking stuff Stevie! :icon_wink:038:

The corner taker (Danns I think) assisted Schlupp's goal.

Also, we're really starting to look like we have a really great defence now. Bamba and Mills really starting to form a fantastic partnership. Konchesky and Peltier are excellent good full-backs and you'll be hard pressed to find a better keeper in this division than Kasper.

The corner taker (Danns I think) assisted Schlupp's goal.

It was Matt Mills who headed the corner down to Schlupp. Surely the assist would be his.
:icon_conf

The hell did you work that out? I would say it was mills!

Maybe, can't remember how the goal happened exactly but it certainly wasn't Howard's assist.

Not gonna give rating out of 10, cos that's a little gay. I'm just going to say however, that (IMO) every man wearing a blue shirt on the pitch was outstanding today. hopefully this is the start of something wonderful. I was worried, what with it being Derby and it being on telly. I am so proud of Leicester City tonight. we was brilliant... end of

Yup. Initially I thought we struggled as Wellens goes deep to help the centre-backs. However, when Abe gets the ball...he passes and then moves. Where as Wellens, stops...picks a pass and then stops. The midfield looked really well balanced today. I thought Danns was poor on the ball but did his job well off it.

Really troubled against Derby a side devoid of any real quality. One striker who refused to head the ball, lots of nice sideways passing, a winger so one-footed a blind man could have read it. They had the basis of a good organised side but looked short of creating something. Let's not forgot that keeper they have been praising to high heaven, oh dear Frankie.

We're getting there. My confidence in us was building two weeks ago after the Southampton and Brighton games. We've begun to do our homework, the back four is solid and this division is looking rather average this year. Worth mentioning we had a thirty minute period where didn't look much cop either and I found Peltier rather disappointing compared to recent performances. Other than that I couldn't criticise a player.

Last edited:
Completely agree about Wellens absence benefiting us. We were able to play Abe as the holding midfielder and he did the job so much better than Wellens does. Having Danns in there does give us another player prepared to make forward runs. This extra player going forward makes such a difference in a creative sense.

Defensively, we were excellent. Can't fault them. The back four look like a carefully constructed unit. Kasper's a delight.

Nugent was outstanding. It made me wonder whether we'd have failed to score over the last couple of games with him in there. Somehow, I doubt it.

Great weather, great performance, great result. I wouldn't fancy having to play against us next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566