Post Match Leicester City 4 Derby 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
No -but it was him who won the corner through a determined run which made Derby's defence look utter shite.

So he assisted the bloke who assisted the bloke who assisted the goalscorer?

Thank **** Howard was there to come on, what a performance, and exactly the reason I bastioned for him instead of Gally when protecting a lead, Gally should bow in respect.

Would also like to say that L1 seemed a credit to city today, loud and proud through the entire game, looked like a real party atmosphere in there today, I was in c2 and had a great view point from which to judge the 'L1 v KOP' debate, L1 was a clear winner, looked like a very enjoyable atmosphere in there.

Having lauded Peltier last week, I think that it's only fair that I give similar praise to Konchesky.

Whilst Peltier has surprised me with his defensive ability and getting forward, I expected a lot from Konchesky (or at least, I knew that he had plenty of potential from his Fulham performances 2 years ago). Given his mediocre performances at Forest last year, I was worried that he may not reproduce that form, but I think that he has benefitted more than most from the solidarity offered by Bamba and Mills. He looks very steady at the back; is always available for a way out from the central defence; some of his passes forward are lovely (he played a beautiful instinctive pass on about the 70th minute cross-field to King that switched the play and put us on the front foot); and his crosses are quality as they always seem very considered and accurate.

Thank **** Howard was there to come on, what a performance, and exactly the reason I bastioned for him instead of Gally when protecting a lead, Gally should bow in respect.

Has the word 'bastion' has been redefined without anybody telling me? I ****ing hate it when that happens

Has the word 'bastion' has been redefined without anybody telling me? I ****ing hate it when that happens

You obviously didn't sign up for the news letter you finicky ****er.

I'm so out of touch with the kids these days. Could someone please explain what this means?

bastion is now used (by some) as a verb. To bastion = to fight against the odds.

I was seriously amazed by how much of our attacking play is down the left side, I think PK must be the most utilised left back in the league.

Also playing devil's advocate a bit here, but did not having Wellens in the side make a positive difference? Did not having him slowing the game down and dwelling on the ball all the time allow for a lot more quick passing through midfield?

I can't say I've ever been a big a big fan of his, so I'm maybe biased which is why I'm asking the question, rather than answering it.

Spot on

King and Fernandes looked like different players without him fartarsing around and generally slowing the game down. His absence was as much a contributory factor as Nugent's inclusion

A wonderful performance all round

Even the miserable twats might begrudgingly begin to admit that we are actually a pretty damn decent side

Onwards and upwards....

Having lauded Peltier last week, I think that it's only fair that I give similar praise to Konchesky.

Whilst Peltier has surprised me with his defensive ability and getting forward, I expected a lot from Konchesky (or at least, I knew that he had plenty of potential from his Fulham performances 2 years ago). Given his mediocre performances at Forest last year, I was worried that he may not reproduce that form, but I think that he has benefitted more than most from the solidarity offered by Bamba and Mills. He looks very steady at the back; is always available for a way out from the central defence; some of his passes forward are lovely (he played a beautiful instinctive pass on about the 70th minute cross-field to King that switched the play and put us on the front foot); and his crosses are quality as they always seem very considered and accurate.

Konchesky is playing as if he is full of confidence and appears to be rather cocky when taking on opposing full backs now. At Florist his confidence was shite and I'm surprised he has turned the corner so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669