Post Match Leicester City 4 Derby 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, after hearing Beagrie's vomplimenys I just wanted to bastion him.

Also, we're really starting to look like we have a really great defence now. Bamba and Mills really starting to form a fantastic partnership. Konchesky and Peltier are excellent good full-backs and you'll be hard pressed to find a better keeper in this division than Kasper.

He looks an absolute snip at just over 1 mill. And to think the Leeds fans seemed delighted to be rid of him :102::102:

Last edited:
While otherwise agreeing with Micky's ratings of the Leicester players I was surprised that he gave Kasper a 9. In previous games Kaspers brilliance has made a difference. One impressive thing about this match was Kasper was so well protected that he only had routine goalkeeping to do.

I was interested to read that Derby actually had more possession. What Leicester did well against Coventry in the first game of the season and even better yesterday was to make it difficult for their opponents to put the ball into dangerous areas. The defending by the whole team and not just the excellent back four was intelligent and patient and must have been very frustrating for the Derby players. Incidentally Blackpool's possession figures were even more remarkable they won 5-0 with only 41% of the possession.

When Pantsil was signed I expected that he would be the first choice right back so all credit to Peltier who has played well every time I have seen him. Going into the game I was still unsure of Mills but he had a superb game and made his case. People talked about Beckford perhaps getting 20 goals and I have not seen enough of him to judge but it seems to me that if he can stay injury free Nugent might end up with 20. I thought that the influx of new players would mean Abe being sidelined but he is playing exceptionally well this season.

I have to make a special mention for Bamba. He does not win 50-50 balls in the normal way that Mills might. He gives the impression of having made a total hash of it. You feel he has lost the ball in a dangerous area when low and behold he emerges with the ball and the opponent floundering. I am not in any way suggesting he is Weller's class but he provokes the same reaction in me - "how come he has still got the ball."

Just read this thread, I'm suprised there's been no mention of the Dyer-Bamba incident in the second-half a couple of players had to get between them to stop the situation getting any worse than an exchange of words and finger pointing

Last edited:
Just seen Nuge's goal again and I'm so impressed with how calm he remained. I wouldn't have felt confident with any of our recent strikers in that position; Fryatt would have hit the keeper, Waghorn row Z, even Vassell and Howard. I just feel confident with Nugent in front of goal, he knows what he is doing. Him or Kasper could prove to be the key signing this season.

He looks an absolute snip at just over 1 mill. And to think the Leeds fans seemed delighted to be rid of him :102::102:
I agree. At the moment, there is no sign of the clangers that the Leeds fans talked about. He plays with so much confidence and authority and I think this rubs off on the other players. I would dread it, if he were to get a long term injury.

While otherwise agreeing with Micky's ratings of the Leicester players I was surprised that he gave Kasper a 9. In previous games Kaspers brilliance has made a difference. One impressive thing about this match was Kasper was so well protected that he only had routine goalkeeping to do.

I was interested to read that Derby actually had more possession. What Leicester did well against Coventry in the first game of the season and even better yesterday was to make it difficult for their opponents to put the ball into dangerous areas. The defending by the whole team and not just the excellent back four was intelligent and patient and must have been very frustrating for the Derby players. Incidentally Blackpool's possession figures were even more remarkable they won 5-0 with only 41% of the possession.

When Pantsil was signed I expected that he would be the first choice right back so all credit to Peltier who has played well every time I have seen him. Going into the game I was still unsure of Mills but he had a superb game and made his case. People talked about Beckford perhaps getting 20 goals and I have not seen enough of him to judge but it seems to me that if he can stay injury free Nugent might end up with 20. I thought that the influx of new players would mean Abe being sidelined but he is playing exceptionally well this season.

I have to make a special mention for Bamba. He does not win 50-50 balls in the normal way that Mills might. He gives the impression of having made a total hash of it. You feel he has lost the ball in a dangerous area when low and behold he emerges with the ball and the opponent floundering. I am not in any way suggesting he is Weller's class but he provokes the same reaction in me - "how come he has still got the ball."

I thought Kasper dealt easily with some potentially difficult situations. I have not seen a keeper kick as well as he did last night. I also think that his presence and air of confidence has a major influence on those in front of him. He is not the biggest keeper in the world but he is like a man mountain at present. I hope he continues like this and worry if we'll be able to hang on to him if we don't get promotion.

I'm not sure how this displays fickleness. The idea of Sven being sacked was the fabrication of some lazy newspaper hack.

I still don't understand the "She said no" chants that seem to pop up every home game at the back of the Kop. I would for someone to explain them.

I still don't understand the "She said no" chants that seem to pop up every home game at the back of the Kop. I would for someone to explain them.

The world is full of ****s and many of them go to football matches, usually the thickest ones. These thick ****s usually hang out at the back of the Kop and in L1. They appreciate the twin Gods of Pashun and Banta.

That's all I've got.

The world is full of ****s and many of them go to football matches, usually the thickest ones. These thick ****s usually hang out at the back of the Kop and in L1. They appreciate the twin Gods of Pashun and Banta.

That's all I've got.

That's all I could think of as well.

That's all I've got.
This is as accurate a post as you'll ever see, kids. Take note.

I'm not sure how this displays fickleness. The idea of Sven being sacked was the fabrication of some lazy newspaper hack.

Even if this is true, it was soon picked up by a not-insignificant minority of so-called fans

Just read this thread, I'm suprised there's been no mention of the Dyer-Bamba incident in the second-half a couple of players had to get between them to stop the situation getting any worse than an exchange of words and finger pointing

Did anyone who was watching the match online see this, or was it missed by the cameras?

Maybe Mawsley can clear it u...oh, sorry.

Did anyone who was watching the match online see this, or was it missed by the cameras?

I was watching on SkyPlayer; I didn't see it or hear mention of it.

That's all I've got.

I did find the song about you being a cnut if you were watching on the TV quite amusing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00
8Leeds Utd00