Post Match Leicester City 4 Derby 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alan Young probably made a similar comment yesterday knowing him.

He also refers to Sven as "Mr". So I'm not quite sure why some he refers to as "Mr" and others by their full name or first name.

He seems to use the tag as an indication of his contempt for the person.

Yakubu was an absolute class above, our best player since Muzzy imo. The criticism he gets from some I just find totally bizarre.

Last edited:
Was it drummindefender who said he sometimes feels as though he has been to a different match from the rest of us? Well the reporter from David Gwilliam's paper certainly didn't see the same game as I did yesterday. First he says that David Nugent raced onto a through ball to score his goal, which he demonstrably did not. Then he trumps it by reporting that Derby's second goal was scored by Darius Vassell.

Please to note though that the bookies paid out on the game that I watched!

An outstanding backtrack from Claridge in his opinion of us from two weeks ago.

Although he did say that we still made three changes from the previous match - however hardly surprising with Johnson, Wellens & Beckford injured. Three changes being the minimum possible

It was a great great performance. Only change I'd consider is Beckford for Vassell for the next match, but even Vassell has been in very good form so it would be harsh to drop him. Defence finally seems to be coming together, we are still making a few mistakes every now and then but now team mates are reading up on that - point in case was when Sol Bamba tried a rather silly turn on the edge of our box allowing Derby to put a cross in - Andy King was back to cover and head out for a corner...

Konchesky and Abe both looked excellent yesterday, both players I have criticised during the first few games. Kasper didn't have much to do in the way of making saves but he made some important takes from corners and crosses that Chris Weale would never have got to or probably even come for. He reads the game excellently and his rather loud vocal to call for the ball at one point could even be heard on the telly :icon_lol: Great command of the area, and we all know he is a great shot stopper when called upon.

Nugent really seems to be benefitting from being played in his natural position at Leicester rather than being stuck out wide. The first goal had some great build up but Nugent really made it with a perfectly timed run off the last defender, a quality touch to set him on his way and then of course a great finish under some pressure to boot.

Danns lost the ball a few times and was occasionally a bit lax on the ball but his off the ball movement was excellent, getting forward well to support the attack down the right.

All in all it was a great performance and well deserved. Looks like Sven is settling on a preferred formation and starting line up and yesterday was pretty close to what I'd like to see us use more. Really thought we'd miss Wellens but as some have said, perhaps it was a blessing in disguise as it meant we had to try someone else in the holding role and jiggle the midfield a bit and stumbled upon a set up that worked pretty damn well.

Some right ****ing bell ends on here these days, although some have been on here for quite a while.

It was a bit hypocritcal of the Derby fans to jeer when the attendance figure was announced given how few fans they had brought.

I personally think there were more than that there. I have been to games with an attendance of 25000 and it looked less than yesterday.

Derby have a thoroughly shit away following.

Derby have a thoroughly shit away following.

Just over a thousand is a disgrace. To bring just 1200-1400 the 60 miles from Derby to Leicester, what a joke.

I saw a Ram on one of their forums even say he would have gone but his wife wanted to do some "early Christmas shopping" FFS

I heard Kasper shout all the way out here in Russia - great match, cracking performance - I suppose its back to LCFC player (or World, or whatever it is these days) until the next time I can get to see them on the box here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669