Pre Match Leicester City V Charlton Athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

Tuesday 19th of February.

7.45PM Kick Off time.

In the away fixture in August last year we lost 2-1.

Please see below:

Yann Kermorgant silenced the jeers of the Leicester fans by firing Charlton to victory over his former club.
The French striker was booed by the away support when his name was read out before kick-off.
But he struck Charlton's second goal after Bradley Wright-Phillips had opened the scoring.
Substitute Andy King pulled one back for Leicester in the second half - but it was a miserable 49th birthday for their manager Nigel Pearson.

We must put our recent 2 defeats behind us quickly and get a win here as anything less than that could make attaining second spot difficult.

Hopefully Wood will return and we will get back to winning ways.

Last edited:
Here's hoping the players aren't getting as anxious and desperate as some of our so called fans.

I hate to think what the atmsophere would be like at half-time if we are losing.

Fickle boneheads isn't strong enough!

Hopefully we can field our strongest team and get back on the "winning road", they have a terrible "clean sheet record", lets ensure they keep it, im going 2-0 Wood Nugent

Kermogant is almost nailed on to score, and knowing our luck at the moment it will be a 90th minute penalty!

Chipped penalty.

No doubt Yann will get booed by the Leicester fans. This has happened to better players than him and is perhaps the only thing he has in common with Ronaldhino.
There is a positive side to Charlton. Chris Powell was a credit to football before coming to Leicester. at Leicester and since. I will always remember the passion he showed during his game in charge against Scunthorpe when he got an excellent performance out of players who had been abject under Paulo Sousa.
It will be interesting to see Michael Morrison play. In Nigel's play-off season it had looked as if right back would be a weakness. Morrison came in and playing out of position made it a strength. He seemed to me exceptionally promising then and should now be in his prime. What a pity that Sven got rid of him.
By all means let Leicester fans boo Yann if it pleases them but I hope they will have the class to cheer Michael Morrison and Chris Powell.

No doubt Yann will get booed by the Leicester fans. This has happened to better players than him and is perhaps the only thing he has in common with Ronaldhino.

Surely you aren't suggesting that the booing of Ronaldhino was serious David? It was full of irony and good humour and the bloke got a decent ovation when he was subbed off later.

Well, put me in the "anxious" column.

Very important to get a result here.

Yep, it's difficult not to feel anything other after recent results against us. I'm not hugely concerned yet but we could do with picking ourselves up straight away here given the six-point deficit. We don't want any niggling doubts creeping in at this stage.

I think we'll be fine, but with a couple of tough games around the corner three points is essential.

Is there anything in the FA rules about sacrificing animals before a game? Or would it be Fifa who would sanction this type of thing?

I'm not sure where all the anxiety is coming from. We've lost one league game and a cup match which the club clearly didn't give a toss about. I acknowledge that our last three league performances have been a bit below par but we've still won two of them. We've dropped down the league because other teams have won whilst we haven't played, not because we've been in horrific form ourselves. And we were only ever second on goal difference anyway.it isn't as though we were streaking clear of the rest. Perhaps because we've been crap for ten years peoplemget overexcited at the slightest whiff of success. We're having a good season. Enjoy it.

I'm not sure where all the anxiety is coming from. We've lost one league game and a cup match which the club clearly didn't give a toss about. I acknowledge that our last three league performances have been a bit below par but we've still won two of them. We've dropped down the league because other teams have won whilst we haven't played, not because we've been in horrific form ourselves. And we were only ever second on goal difference anyway.it isn't as though we were streaking clear of the rest. Perhaps because we've been crap for ten years peoplemget overexcited at the slightest whiff of success. We're having a good season. Enjoy it.

Great post.

Is there anything in the FA rules about sacrificing animals before a game? Or would it be Fifa who would sanction this type of thing?

Both Sir Les Ferdinand and Kevin Campbell have mentioned that during their time in Turkey in the early 90's, there were rituals involving the slaughter of chickens on the pitch and having the blood rubbed onto their boots.

Both Sir Les Ferdinand and Kevin Campbell have mentioned that during their time in Turkey in the early 90's, there were rituals involving the slaughter of chickens on the pitch and having the blood rubbed onto their boots.

In that case no problem - we ritually sacrifice Waggy, Vardy and Funcats before the game. Succcess guaranteed and the payroll reduced at the same time. Great stuff.

Kermogant on RL this morning said that he did not why he should apologise for that penalty miss as no-one had asked Waghorn to apologise for his penalty miss following it.

Correct.

My team for Tuesday

Peggy
Kenton
Brevett
Morgan
Hazell
N'Guessan
Jarrett
Hellings
Stewart
Blake
Sappleton

Have that Mark Bright

Give me Bruno N'Gotty in place of Morgan and I'm all yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669