Pre Match Leicester City V Charlton Athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Precisely. The notion that he somehow would have been more likely to score if he belted it is incredibly stupid.

He deserves criticism for not scoring, but not more so than anyone else IMO.

No I'm sorry but you're wrong.

He should not have tried that in a game of such high magnitude. He was trying to take the piss and it back fired. He showed incredible calmness and composure to attempt it and that same skill could have been used to place a shot in the bottom corner.

He was frightened that if he just hit it hard he would miss. He had seen the keeper dive to either side so felt that hitting it straight toward the keeper may just pay off. Sadly it didn't.

Not sure about good. Both he and Bruno had an amazing run guessing right for the last ditch body blocks which kept the goals out (except at Forest) and disguised his carthorse-like qualities.

Harsh.

That was an excellent defence we had that season.

Brown was like Mills but with actual leadership qualities. Abhorrent passer of the ball, positionally poor, but unlike Mills he captained and organized the defence.

Berner, on the other hand, was exceptional that season and easily the best left-back we've had since we were last in the Prem. We never looked the same team without Berner in that side and our performances and results with and without him in the team that season were so far apart that it's hard to imagine it being a coincidence. I liked Jack Hobbs a lot that season but Bruno should have player of the season that year imo.

Last edited:
No I'm sorry but you're wrong.

He should not have tried that in a game of such high magnitude. He was trying to take the piss and it back fired. He showed incredible calmness and composure to attempt it and that same skill could have been used to place a shot in the bottom corner.
I don't know how you get to that conclusion, but that presupposes that it's easier to place a shot in the bottom corner than it is to score by a chip, and I honestly don't think Yann would have tried that if he thought so. I think he evaluated his options and did what he was most confident in.

I don't think he would have had a better chance of scoring if he hit it the hardest he could, or tried a 'normal' penalty, and I think his decision on how to take the penalty was made on the judgement of how he was most likely to score. And yes, the execution was shit.

Anyway, that's the last I'll say on this (until it comes up next year again).

Last edited:
Lets talk about the twat if he does something in tonight's game worthy of discussion.Otherwise lets stick to things that relate to our chances of glory THIS May rather than 3 years ago.

Have we lost yet?
No, we haven´t Mawsley......and I am feeling very confident ´cos we have TWO strikers on the pitch that can score goals! So I will NOT be hiding behind the sofa tonight. I expect at least a point. COYB!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670