Pre Match Leicester City V Charlton Athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remind me about this.

He admitted voting for the BNP in the 2010 general election. It is extremely difficult to believe that, by 2010, those voting for that party were unaware of its racist policies. One of which was that many of his colleagues would not be welcome to stay in he UK and would be offered the opportunity to take up 'voluntary repatriation'. The party only ended its policy of 'whites only' membership that year and even then only because it was ruled illegal.

Brown was entitled to vote for whoever he wanted to. He is allowed to be a racist. And he has the right to tell people who he has voted for. But his black and/or foreign colleagues are entitled to be offended by those things and it's easy to see how that would negatively impact team spirit ahead of a big football match.

Care to elaborate?

I'm sure I did at the time. I just felt that he made himself responsible for every ball that was going to land on his head. Every other ball was somebody else's responsibility, never his. He had high and unreasonable expectations of those who played around him but he himself was nowhere near as good as he thought he was.

That's interesting. Was he not widely praised by our fans for his performances? I didn't get to many games back then so I just assumed he was good based on what others had said.

That's interesting. Was he not widely praised by our fans for his performances? I didn't get to many games back then so I just assumed he was good based on what others had said.

He was quite widely praised. I did not share that opinion.

Brown was an astute signing in my book. He arrived accompanied with few expectations and certainly no bells or whistles but in the end he played a big part in getting us to the play-offs with one of the league's best defences. He was limited yes, but you didn't often see him doing too much wrong. The fact he turned out to be an absolute bonehead is irrelevant really.

Not sure about good. Both he and Bruno had an amazing run guessing right for the last ditch body blocks which kept the goals out (except at Forest) and disguised his carthorse-like qualities.

Talking of carthorses, I thought it had been established that Marshall had seen Kermorgant's peno technique on You Tube and was half-expecting the chip, though as the ball wouldn't actually have reached the line, he needn't have bothered.

Last edited:
Brown was an astute signing in my book. He arrived accompanied with few expectations and certainly no bells or whistles but in the end he played a big part in getting us to the play-offs with one of the league's best defences. He was limited yes, but you didn't often see him doing too much wrong. The fact he turned out to be an absolute bonehead is irrelevant really.

I still firmly believe that his dressing room antics had a marked effect on that first leg against Cardiff resulting in an uphill struggle in the second. The fact that he contributed in a detrimental way to one or both of the biggest games of the season can, in my opinion, hardly be called irrelevant.

Last edited:
I still firmly believe that his dressing room antics had a marked effect on that first leg against Cardiff resulting in an uphill struggle in the second. The fact that he contributed in a detrimental way to one or both of the biggest games of the season can, in my opinion, hardly be called irrelevant.
My thoughts too.

Possibly yes, it was very ill-timed but I guess anything like this is measured speculatively.

In my humble opinion the 2 penalties in discussion are miles apart.

Waghorn hit the target but put it too close to the keeper, maybe, just maybe he isn't the best finisher we have.

However Kermogant clearly thinks he is better than his actual talent suggests. In the pressure cooker of that situation he thought it acceptable to try and chip the keeper which he did so poorly that as I remember it the keeper caught it while sitting on his arse. Wanker of the day by a long stretch.

Plus he still can't see it, or the difference, or have the 'class' to admit he did something badly and Ill judged.

I agree with this. As he has gone I don't think he should have to say sorry for the massive **** up that it was though.

He's no longer on our books, I'm content with that result.

I just remember that goal against 'Boro, no idea what you lot are on about.

Kermorgant's penalty wasn't ill judged, though. He'd used the technique several times in France with success. It didn't work against Cardiff but it isn't bad judgement to do something which has brought repeated success in the past.

Why should he apologise? He didn't miss on purpose. I only apologise when I've done something wrong, personally. Clearly he doesn't think he has, and I agree. We lost the match and fancied a scapegoat. I've had a look back through that post-match thread and a lot of the criticism is laced with xenophobia. I wonder of he'd have been labelled 'arrogant' so readily had he not been French. It is a stereotype associated with the French.

If we are to blame anybody for our semi-final exit I'd go with Wayne Brown for his open racism and Nigel Pearsom for his negative approach to the first leg. As it is Kermorgant is the 'villain'. Which is fine. It's part of the fun of being a football supporter. But anybody thinking he owes any sort of apology is deluding themselves.

In my opinion, the villain was Alex Bruce......didn´t he give away a penalty for no apparent reason?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670