Pre Match Leicester City V Charlton Athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I can't work out any difference either.

A lot of pish and piddle is spoken about penalties. There was nothing wrong with his penalty that night except for the fact that the keeper saved it. That can also be said for a lot of penalties. The only real 'crime' with penalties is missing the target and he didn't do that.

I've never understood why we took the defeat out on him when the mind-numbingly stupid tactics employed in the home leg were far more responsible.
Precisely. The notion that he somehow would have been more likely to score if he belted it is incredibly stupid.

He deserves criticism for not scoring, but not more so than anyone else IMO.

Last edited:
Kermy just been on the moan in said he didn't want to take the pen, but couldn't say no when NP asked him

I think I also heard that RL were told they weren't allowed to talk to Yann about the pen after the game. At the end of the day, I still believe that the antics of Wayne Brown are what lost us that trip to Wembley.

Anyway, that was then and this is now, let's just go out and play the game that we know we can play and make sure we don't need the play offs this time round.

I still can't understand why we didn't shoot him there and then

Modern football is shit

I think I also heard that RL were told they weren't allowed to talk to Yann about the pen after the game. At the end of the day, I still believe that the antics of Wayne Brown are what lost us that trip to Wembley.

Anyway, that was then and this is now, let's just go out and play the game that we know we can play and make sure we don't need the play offs this time round.

Kermy said no-one asked him about the penalty Stringer said the club had stopped them talking to him.
Kermy also said Waggy wanted to take the last Pen so he could hit the winner!

I've never understood why we took the defeat out on him when the mind-numbingly stupid tactics employed in the home leg were far more responsible.

Or the 'Wayne Brown' factor.

(EDIT - just seen SJN comment)

Last edited:
Mercury reporting not just Wood available tomorrow but also 'Leicester are boosted by the return from injury of Chris Wood, Ben Marshall, Sean St Ledger and Zak Whitbread ahead of the visit of Charlton.'

Can only see Wood starting though, with Dyer and Knockaert starting on the wings with the others on the bench.

In my humble opinion the 2 penalties in discussion are miles apart.

Waghorn hit the target but put it too close to the keeper, maybe, just maybe he isn't the best finisher we have.

However Kermogant clearly thinks he is better than his actual talent suggests. In the pressure cooker of that situation he thought it acceptable to try and chip the keeper which he did so poorly that as I remember it the keeper caught it while sitting on his arse. Wanker of the day by a long stretch.

Plus he still can't see it, or the difference, or have the 'class' to admit he did something badly and Ill judged.

In my humble opinion the 2 penalties in discussion are miles apart.

Waghorn hit the target but put it too close to the keeper, maybe, just maybe he isn't the best finisher we have.

However Kermogant clearly thinks he is better than his actual talent suggests. In the pressure cooker of that situation he thought it acceptable to try and chip the keeper which he did so poorly that as I remember it the keeper caught it while sitting on his arse. Wanker of the day by a long stretch.

Plus he still can't see it, or the difference, or have the 'class' to admit he did something badly and Ill judged.

Bang on

Kermorgant's penalty wasn't ill judged, though. He'd used the technique several times in France with success. It didn't work against Cardiff but it isn't bad judgement to do something which has brought repeated success in the past.

Why should he apologise? He didn't miss on purpose. I only apologise when I've done something wrong, personally. Clearly he doesn't think he has, and I agree. We lost the match and fancied a scapegoat. I've had a look back through that post-match thread and a lot of the criticism is laced with xenophobia. I wonder of he'd have been labelled 'arrogant' so readily had he not been French. It is a stereotype associated with the French.

If we are to blame anybody for our semi-final exit I'd go with Wayne Brown for his open racism and Nigel Pearsom for his negative approach to the first leg. As it is Kermorgant is the 'villain'. Which is fine. It's part of the fun of being a football supporter. But anybody thinking he owes any sort of apology is deluding themselves.

Last edited:
Kermorgant's penalty wasn't ill judged, though. He'd used the technique several times in France with success. It didn't work against Cardiff but it isn't bad judgement to do something which has brought repeated success in the past.

Why should he apologise? He didn't miss on purpose. I only apologise when I've done something wrong, personally. Clearly he doesn't think he has, and I agree. We lost the match and fancied a scapegoat. I've had a look back through that post-match thread and a lot of the criticism is laced with xenophobia. I wonder of he'd have been labelled 'arrogant' so readily had he not been French. It is a stereotype associated with the French.

If we are to blame anybody for our semi-final exit I'd go with Wayne Brown for his open racism and Nigel Pearsom for his negative approach to the first leg. As it is Kermorgant is the 'villain'. Which is fine. It's part of the fun of being a football supporter. But anybody thinking he owes any sort of apology is deluding themselves.
Don't forget about the pressure a certain individual named Paulo invited by Milan laid to bare on the situation.

This.

My post has no bias toward or against the fact that he is a French twat.

If we are to blame anybody for our semi-final exit I'd go with Wayne Brown for his open racism and Nigel Pearsom for his negative approach to the first leg.

What about the lino that should have given the offside before their penalty was awarded?

Agree with every word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670