Pre Match Leicester City v Tottenham - POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we play on Sunday if this is postponed?

Surely the players will still be in the period of self isolation and therefore there is unlikely to be an increased availability by then?

I hope we are not jumping the gun on this. All of the BBC Sport, SkySports and Talk Sport websites are still saying that the game is set to be postponed.

Postponing the games is obviously the right choice.

But selfishly, I hope this doesn't lead to a massive pause in the season again. Having football on through the previous lockdowns was a massive help in getting through it and breaking up the monotomy!

The news at the moment, regardless of format and content is difficult to extract the truth from. Important ‘selective’ reports appear such as “one person dies while having omicron” and 78,000 new infections today, context is so critical. So, of the 78,000, did we test more therefore providing an artificially high perception without context?

The media coverage of this is nothing sort of disastrous.

And before anyone draws any conclusions that I am some sort of anti-vax nutter, you couldn’t be further from the truth, I had my third jab (booster) last Friday.
Absolutely in the same boat as you. The coverage has been horrible, misleading and extremely unspecific. Data and statisitics are consistently being manipulated. I just want a genuine representation of what we're dealing with which is hard to get at the moment.

Glad the match is postponed though tbh. My kid brother was looking forward to it, but i think we needed a week's rest during this crazy period.

Postponing the games is obviously the right choice.

But selfishly, I hope this doesn't lead to a massive pause in the season again. Having football on through the previous lockdowns was a massive help in getting through it and breaking up the monotomy!
Are we going through another lockdown!?

Wankers ! They could have called it off yesterday whats changed since then.

Two more positive City players. One rumoured to be Albrighton.

I've seen speculation that the other two games will go ahead this evening and then all football will be suspended until Boxing Day.

I've seen speculation that the other two games will go ahead this evening and then all football will be suspended until Boxing Day.
I fear the break may be longer than that, unless we return to strictly bubbled squads, no fans and all games spread out and televised.

Are we going through another lockdown!?

Seems inevitable at the minute doesn't it? I don't think before Christmas, but in January.

The government seem to be suggesting self-imposed lockdowns at the minute. Personally I'm seeing a lot of social plans cancelled as everyone's hoping to get to Christmas now without having to isolate. So a lockdown-light of sorts, would be nice to have football on!

I fear the break may be longer than that, unless we return to strictly bubbled squads, no fans and all games spread out and televised.
I think that this will be the most likely outcome. It will take some time to organise, so I would expect the season to recommence in January under very strict conditions

I knew the official site would get round to it in the end:

Leicester City can confirm that the Premier League Board has decided to postpone Thursday night’s fixture against Tottenham Hotspur.
The decision was taken with guidance from medical advisors after the Club resubmitted its application for postponement after confirmation this morning (Thursday) of further positive tests for COVID-19 within the First Team squad. As a result, the Club has an insufficient number of First Team players available to fulfil the match.
Given the increase in positive tests among First Team personnel, First Team operations at Seagrave will now be closed for 48 hours, serving as a circuit breaker to help reduce the risk of further infection. First Team players and staff will undergo a subsequent round of testing on Saturday.
The Club regrets the inconvenience caused to Tottenham Hotspur and both sets of supporters by Thursday night’s postponement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669