Pre Match Leicester City v Tottenham - POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
If AFCON is cancelled, the World Cup will be in serious question. Will Fifa release their cash cow easily?
That will never happen the worst case scenario would be it getting moved.
With the farcical UEFA Nations league being drawn I hate international football and if the world cup goes every 2 years we might as well scrap club football

If AFCON is cancelled, the World Cup will be in serious question. Will Fifa release their cash cow easily?

Big difference between AFCON next month and the World Cup a year away.

Is AFCON really in that big of a doubt anyway? I've not seen case numbers; obviously we know S. Africa has had it with Omicron, but generally hot climates/seasons help with the virus so it could be that Omicron isn't such a concern for African nations at the moment?

Big difference between AFCON next month and the World Cup a year away.

Is AFCON really in that big of a doubt anyway? I've not seen case numbers; obviously we know S. Africa has had it with Omicron, but generally hot climates/seasons help with the virus so it could be that Omicron isn't such a concern for African nations at the moment?

Covid cases across Africa have gone through the roof

Ah. Then yeah, probably no AFCON
I think AFCON gets cancelled as a lot of African countries have very low levels of vaccination as well as poor hygiene etc., so a breakout could be difficult to handle. Then again, Omicron seems to be more mild than previous variants, though you never know yet.

PL football should be fine imo. Perhaps a short break, nowt more. In the UK, more than 70% of people are vaccinated, and as I said, by most accounts, Omicron is more mild than previous variants. Most data so far is showing that people are less sick, in hospital a lot less etc., ofc this in part is due to vaccines and natural immunisation.

The WC won't be cancelled, no way!!!

Look, it’s getting serious, as my first ski trip this season has been cancelled, so let’s not downplay things. Fingers crossed for the end of Jan and the next trip.

Blah blah scamdemic blah blah horse drugs etc
No one, but no one said that.

Should everyone be forced to have a vaccine, and if they won’t, be forced to not have access to the same things as those vaccinated?

No one, but no one said that.
If I scroll through Facebook for a few minutes I can prove you wrong
Should everyone be forced to have a vaccine, and if they won’t, be forced to not have access to the same things as those vaccinated?
Yes, that is absolutely what should happen. People who refuse to safeguard the health of other people at no cost themselves should be cast out from the city into the wilderness.

If I scroll through Facebook for a few minutes I can prove you wrong

Yes, that is absolutely what should happen. People who refuse to safeguard the health of other people at no cost themselves should be cast out from the city into the wilderness.

Or maybe set up some special camps for them…

Andrew Bridgen et al would have you believe that’s where we’re heading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670