Pre Match Leicester City v Tottenham - POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Postponing the games is obviously the right choice.

But selfishly, I hope this doesn't lead to a massive pause in the season again. Having football on through the previous lockdowns was a massive help in getting through it and breaking up the monotomy!

Exactly. We watched every film during the last one so without football it'll just be talking to eachother.....and I do mean every film, even managed 30 minutes of that Zohan thing with Adam Sandler.

Two more positive City players. One rumoured to be Albrighton.

I've seen speculation that the other two games will go ahead this evening and then all football will be suspended until Boxing Day.

An increasing number of clubs are pushing for a shutdown of the Premier League until the new year in an attempt to deal with the growing coronavirus crisis, sources have told ESPN.

Premier League chiefs have been informed that with rising case numbers being fuelled by the omicron variant, there would be support for suspending games until the weekend of Jan. 8-9, when FA Cup third-round ties are due to take place.

Wonder when the games would get moved to? Extra fixtures in Jan/Feb?

Interesting for teams losing players to AFCON - imagine then having extra games in that period. Although I wonder if clubs might use it as a way to get out of releasing players for AFCON, or if that will even go ahead.

Everyone who chooses not to vaccinate is a ****. Including footballers.

There, is that clearer for you?

No. It was already clear to me that you believe this. It wasn't clear whether you were trying to make a relevant point or just ranting, though. This is has since been cleared up though - you were just ranting. Hope you got it out of your system big guy.

But it doesn't stop them catching it.

Even if all players had 2/3 jabs we could still be in the same situation were are now.

This doesn't mean the postponements are the wrong thing to do though.

But it doesn't stop them catching it.

Even if all players had 2/3 jabs we could still be in the same situation were are now.

This doesn't mean the postponements are the wrong thing to do though.
True. But Pop wasn't debating this, he was just ranting.

I don't think the postponements are wrong. I just will kind of (crazily) miss this hectic Christmas period. No postponements will affect the results of matches, and ultimately the EOS table.

No. It was already clear to me that you believe this. It wasn't clear whether you were trying to make a relevant point or just ranting, though. This is has since been cleared up though - you were just ranting. Hope you got it out of your system big guy.
Look up 'rant'.

Also, 'relevant'.

True. But Pop wasn't debating this, he was just ranting.

I don't think the postponements are wrong. I just will kind of (crazily) miss this hectic Christmas period. No postponements will affect the results of matches, and ultimately the EOS table.
My post was more aimed at Pop as I don't understand the point of his rant too.

I just added the last line on to pre empt anyone trying to label me some anti vac nut job.

Imo, more info is needed before we can say if Omicron is a serious danger or not. Early signs are positive in suggesting it may not be so lethal but whilst it still remains uncertain, caution is the right way to proceed right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669