Pre Match Leicester City v Tottenham - POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
If German teams can fine unvaccinated players who have to isolate why not English teams. It will be interesting to see how potential reticence by teams to sign unvaccinated players will affect their value in the transfer window and if the loss of potential moves changes the minds of any of the players.

The whole ‘protect the NHS’ bandwagon is without basis and thought and hasn’t just been neglected since Jan 2020, it has been on its knees for years, people living longer and constant under funding compounded by haemorrhaging of money has rendered the institution as not fit for purpose probably since the 70’s.
Whilst I wouldn’t disagree with regards to some of the points here, particularly in regards to underfunding, “the whole protect the NHS bandwagon” is not without basis. Said as someone whose wife is a longtime NHS worker and sees what is meant by it.

Completely right. The vaccine (in the majority of cases) prevents the individual from becoming more I’ll than if they were unvaccinated.

That is the only PROVEN benefit.
This is completely wrong, we’re currently vaccinating down to 12 year olds, who would be little effected by COVID-19, the reason they’re being vaccinated is to stop them passing the virus on.

With the exception of a very small number of people with existing complex health issues, there is no reason not to get vaccinated beyond being a willfully ignorant, scared, self obsessed wanker.

So your average PL footballer then.

Exactly.

I don't agree with mandatory vaccines. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

But they shouldn't need to be mandatory...

The evidence so far shows that women are much more at risk if they don't have the vaccine. The immune system doesn't work as well when you're pregnant.
Absolutely, very dangerous to get Covid when in later stages of pregnancy apparently. Wife was jabbed twice, got pregnant, all is absolutely fine so far and is having her booster next week.

You know, being a sensible adult and trusting medical professionals and all that.

Wife was jabbed twice, got pregnant, all is absolutely fine so far and is having her booster next week.

You know, being a sensible adult and trusting medical professionals and all that.

Yep, my wife got double jabbed while pregnant. And baby is fine and healthy.

We debated it for a long while because there wasn't much evidence at the time. But the medical advice and experts said to go ahead, so we did and all the evidence since then that's continued to grow suggests that's absolutely the right call.

Yep, my wife got double jabbed while pregnant. And baby is fine and healthy.

We debated it for a long while because there wasn't much evidence at the time. But the medical advice and experts said to go ahead, so we did and all the evidence since then that's continued to grow suggests that's absolutely the right call.
Good for you both mate and congrats!

We’re friends with three couples who’ve had the same experience. Got pregnant and had no issues during the pregnancy. The response when we double checked with the midwife about having the booster while preggers was a swift and emphatic ‘Yes’. Good enough for us.

The whole ‘protect the NHS’ bandwagon is without basis

Complete ****ing horseshit peddled by thick ****ing twats who know absolutely nothing about the NHS and know not a single person working on the frontline who has been desperately affected by the overwhelming devastation caused by this pandemic

**** me, the world is full of utter ****s

With the exception of a very small number of people with existing complex health issues, there is no reason not to get vaccinated beyond being a willfully ignorant, scared, self obsessed wanker.

So your average PL footballer then.

Come on, BN, even you know this is silliness. There are a number of valid reasons why someone wouldn't want to get a vaccine.

I'm not against vaccinations, but I worry about a rushed vaccine. Vaccines take decades to be developed, signed and authorised after years and years of trials, and still aren't totally safe. Yet this one we rush through in 12 months and just expect everyone to STFU and take it?

I am double vaccinated but was very reluctant to just STFU and take it for this very reason - we don't have anywhere near the needed time to see any long term effects. And ofc I understand that needs must, but people calling those unvaccinated "****s" etc., aren't thinking.

Come on, BN, even you know this is silliness. There are a number of valid reasons why someone wouldn't want to get a vaccine.

I'm not against vaccinations, but I worry about a rushed vaccine. Vaccines take decades to be developed, signed and authorised after years and years of trials, and still aren't totally safe. Yet this one we rush through in 12 months and just expect everyone to STFU and take it?

I am double vaccinated but was very reluctant to just STFU and take it for this very reason - we don't have anywhere near the needed time to see any long term effects. And ofc I understand that needs must, but people calling those unvaccinated "****s" etc., aren't thinking.

That's not true. The vaccines have been in development for 30 years and were just slightly adapted for COVID. That's why they were ready so quickly.

Whatever you're reading isn't very good. I fell into some bullshit from so called experts myself for a while so I know how easily it's done.

One of the side effects of the vaccine can be read around here https://www.bhf.org.uk/informations...accines-and-myocarditis-should-you-be-worried

If you were a professional football, fit health and with almost zero percent chance of dieing from COVID would you take the chance?

Imagine if this did turn out to be the reason for increased heart attacks in football players. Pretty sure vaccine takeup would plummet.

One of the side effects of the vaccine can be read around here https://www.bhf.org.uk/informations...accines-and-myocarditis-should-you-be-worried

If you were a professional football, fit health and with almost zero percent chance of dieing from COVID would you take the chance?

Imagine if this did turn out to be the reason for increased heart attacks in football players. Pretty sure vaccine takeup would plummet.
I googled ‘footballer heart attack’ and a random year, in this case 2018.

The article you’ve shared only shares quotes that come down on the side that it’s a coincidence rather than anything to do with the vaccine.

It’s so frustrating that people are still spreading this.

The article you’ve shared only shares quotes that come down on the side that it’s a coincidence rather than anything to do with the vaccine.

You’re wasting your breath, ted, sadly.

You’re wasting your breath, ted, sadly.
I know mate, I know.

Drawing a line under it. I purposefully avoid parts of the internet where this shit lives but it crept into into the football section on the forum and I got sucked in.

Thank **** I very seldom encounter this stuff in real life.

I know mate, I know.

Drawing a line under it. I purposefully avoid parts of the internet where this shit lives but it crept into into the football section on the forum and I got sucked in.

Thank **** I very seldom encounter this stuff in real life.
Quite, same here.

I'm for vaccinations. I just don't believe calling people ****s is a constructive argument to a complex and confusing question.
Combined with the BS that comes from our government, the complex nature of the viruses and personal choice I dont think there is a clear answer.

Calling people ****s because they disagree with you is completely out of order.

Just because you think the other person is wrong, doesn’t make it so just because you are arrogant enough to completely think you are right.

This is why we live in a democracy and why some people don’t swallow the line and don’t accept what ‘professionals’ say is so.

This is too much of an important issue for people to be blind of other peoples opinion.

I deleted the Twitter app from my phone earlier this week to avoid Spiderman spoilers (vital!), with the added benefit of avoiding COVID conspiracy theories being a pleasant extra.

Then this thread comes along to plug that gap! :064:

At least you're not chatting about the new Spiderman film though (don't you dare)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669