Pre Match Leicester City v Tottenham - POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I deleted the Twitter app from my phone earlier this week to avoid Spiderman spoilers (vital!), with the added benefit of avoiding COVID conspiracy theories being a pleasant extra.

Then this thread comes along to plug that gap! :064:

At least you're not chatting about the new Spiderman film though (don't you dare)
Turns out he’s been dead all along.

This is why we live in a democracy and why some people don’t swallow the line and don’t accept what ‘professionals’ say is so.

This is too much of an important issue for people to be blind of other peoples opinion.
It's also too much of an important issue for people to have dangerous opinions ill-informed by fake news and conspiracy theories.

And I almost would've accepted your argument if it wasn't for "professionals" being in inverted commas... They are professionals and experts!

The only people on my Facebook and that I personally know (i.e. Have met in real life, not just through the Internet) that peddle the anti-vax, conspiracy theory, "professional" doubting crap are both people I went to school with and both failed GCSE Science... Yet they somehow believe they're the enlightened ones who know science better than highly qualified and experienced "professionals"... I'd rather trust the doctors and medical "professionals" than the people I used to watch competing to inhale the most fumes from the bunsen burners...

If you’re taking exception to the use of the word **** as though it’s too personal, put yourself in the shoes of someone who has been profoundly negatively affected by Covid and try to think how they might take the spreading of bullshit, unscientific, uninformed opinion personally.

That’s the last thing I’m prepared to say about it because it boils my piss.

If football is off for a month we’re going to have a ****ing cracking team of recovered players ready to go at the end of it.

That's not true. The vaccines have been in development for 30 years and were just slightly adapted for COVID. That's why they were ready so quickly.

Whatever you're reading isn't very good. I fell into some bullshit from so called experts myself for a while so I know how easily it's done.
Yes they have been in development for a while, but they still need to be tested for longer than they have been despite the adaptation. Coronavirus vaccines have been in development for yonks, and actually I'm surprised we haven't had a breakout like this sooner, but it's not as simple as "it's only a slight adaptation therefore it's basically safe."

Rushed vaccine is not the only reason for not wanting the vaccine. There are many valid concerns regarding it, and more power to those who wish to think for themselves and make a choice not to get a vaccine if they choose not to - or for those who chose to get the vaccine - their body their choice, end of.

It's also too much of an important issue for people to have dangerous opinions ill-informed by fake news and conspiracy theories.

And I almost would've accepted your argument if it wasn't for "professionals" being in inverted commas... They are professionals and experts!

The only people on my Facebook and that I personally know (i.e. Have met in real life, not just through the Internet) that peddle the anti-vax, conspiracy theory, "professional" doubting crap are both people I went to school with and both failed GCSE Science... Yet they somehow believe they're the enlightened ones who know science better than highly qualified and experienced "professionals"... I'd rather trust the doctors and medical "professionals" than the people I used to watch competing to inhale the most fumes from the bunsen burners...
Professional. In the context of my post is a poor terminology.

I should have said government, media (certain extent) and some advisors.

Even doctors (some) can and are persuaded to pedal misleading information..

If your ill informed horseshit opinion is based upon nothing whatsoever, other than you reading nonsense stuff on the internet, then you are a total and utter ****

If you’re taking exception to the use of the word **** as though it’s too personal, put yourself in the shoes of someone who has been profoundly negatively affected by Covid and try to think how they might take the spreading of bullshit, unscientific, uninformed opinion personally.

We are shaped by our experiences. My cousin's mother-in-law died of covid. Horrible. But ofc, this has shaped everything he thinks of the disease, and his attitude towards it. This argument can be used for anything though. What makes Covid special?

The clear answer
I'm for vaccinations. I just don't believe calling people ****s is a constructive argument to a complex and confusing question.
Combined with the BS that comes from our government, the complex nature of the viruses and personal choice I dont think there is a clear answer.
The clear answer up to yet is that the side effects of the vaccines that have been recorded so far are also caused by catching the sodding virus. Except they are more common if you catch the virus & likely to be more severe. people who don't want to be vaccinated through fear are actually risking themselves more, not less.
& of course risking everyone else too.

I have a complex degenerative liver condition but am triple jabbed. I'd rather go that route than lock myself away from the world in shivering fear & hope I don't catch covid in the ****ing shop. Also I live in sheltered housing now, surrounded by people with all manner of health & age related conditions with whom I share communal hallways, a door entry system & a laundry room. I wasn't comfortable with swanning about in here putting them at risk either.

**** living in fear, have a bit of empathy for others, ignore batshit loons polluting the internet & take responsibility as we have a government incapable of it. I said right at the beginning of this shite that lockdown should have been total until we had a workable vaccine & that all this on/off bollocks would just drag it out & thats exactly what's happened.

Comparing your life to Jews in the holocaust because you have to wear a mask in Tescos? Utter ****s.

& if these ****ers are so concerned with freedom why aren't they up in arms over the nationalities & borders bill & police bill currently rushing through parliament unchallenged? Legislation unfit for any democracy & more suited to a banana republic dictatorship.

What's that? Oh...only affects bloody hippy protesters & black people. Sorry my mistake.

Selfish ****ing frauds.

Last edited:
Professional. In the context of my post is a poor terminology.

I should have said government, media (certain extent) and some advisors.

Even doctors (some) can and are persuaded to pedal misleading information..

Doctors consistently spread misleading info. They look at things from a worst-case scenario, and are a product of seeing only the worst-affected covid patients. A&E and hospital docs especially, so they're bound to err on the side of caution. They see folks on ventilators and trying to breathe, when the overwhelming majority aren't affected by covid badly. Then they also focus on NHS bed usage and base their advise on the health service being overrun etc.

Then you got that one guy who tested positive but felt nothing more than a blocked nose. Everyone is a product of their experience.

Let's face it, the only reason why there are massive queues to get vaccinated today is because the people who haven't had it so far are scared they won't be allowed into nightclubs, football grounds, and concerts etc.

If your ill informed horseshit opinion is based upon nothing whatsoever, other than you reading nonsense stuff on the internet, then you are a total and utter ****
Then you are too stupid or blinkered or indoctrinated to see what is in front of you.

This is very dangerous territory indeed.

The comparison I have is where people who voted remain label all those who voted leave as racist, simplistic, wrong and pathetically blinkered.

Doctors consistently spread misleading info.
And the Earth is flat, and tin foil hats will stop the government reading your thoughts, and the Daily Mail is a creditable source of information and we haven't put a man on the moon.

Look, the bottom line is this. We have to protect stupid ****s from themselves. If stupid **** A refuses to get the vaccine and then chooses to pop round to his mate's house; let's call him stupid **** B, who also believes the shit he reads on an Internet page called 'Dave's Medical Factoids' then both of the stupid ****s will have more chance of infecting each other. Neither is sweemingly bright enough or respectful enough to have a very safe, properly tested, perfectly simple vaccination so the majority of us, as sensible folk, need to protect both stupid ****s from themselves and each other.

As for this other horse shit from some about the NHS not being overwhelmed, this is the kind of ill informed ****tardery that really boils my piss. My wife works in both the private sector and the NHS, believe me and her, it is quickly getting to breaking point already.

Put the ****ing laptop down, ignore the tabloid medical 'experts' and read some proper literature. You don't need to trust the government; **** me they're all abhorrent, corrupt shitheads but you can trust virologists and those who may know more about medicine than you.

The clear answer

The clear answer up to yet is that the side effects of the vaccines that have been recorded so far are also caused by catching the sodding virus. Except they are more common if you catch the virus & likely to be more severe. people who don't want to be vaccinated through fear are actually risking themselves more, not less.
& of course risking everyone else too.

I have a complex degenerative liver condition but am triple jabbed. I'd rather go that route than lock myself away from the world in shivering fear & hope I don't catch covid in the ****ing shop. Also I live in sheltered housing now, surrounded by people with all manner of health & age related conditions with whom I share communal hallways, a door entry system & a laundry room. I wasn't comfortable with swanning about in here putting them at risk either.

**** living in fear, have a bit of empathy for others, ignore batshit loons polluting the internet & take responsibility as we have a government incapable of it. i said right at trhe beginning of this shite that lockdown should have been total until we had a workable vaccine & that all this on/off bollocks would just drag it out & thats exactly what's happened.

Comparing your life to Jews in the holocaust because you have to wear a mask in Tescos? Utter ****s.

& if these ****ers are so concerned with freedom why aren't they up in arms over the nationalities & borders bill & police bill currently rushing through parliament unchallenged? Legislation unfit for any democracy & more suited to a banana republic dictatorship.

What's that? Oh...only affects bloody hippy protesters & black people. Sorry my mistake.

Selfish ****ing frauds.
Making any direct/genuine comparison to Jews in camps is ****ish.

However, what drives these utterances is what's dangerous. Yes it's only a mask in Tesco. But you start to slowly give governments mandates to get more and more control when let's face it, nobody trusts the ****ing government anyway.

How do you push people to the edge? One step at a time. Encroach on a right slightly, then stop. Then do it again a bit more, then stop. Then again, push a tiny bit further, then stop and wait. You do that enough, you've pushed people miles back and everything has changed. Right now it's masks, then? Vaccines? Then? Vaccine Passports. Then?

It happened with the German officers in WW2. One step at a time, first they rounded up male jews, then they imprisoned then, and before you know it they were murdering pregnant Jewish women and burying them. One step at a time, they were "just doing their job."

We're not there yet, nowhere near, but it's the ideology that scares the shit out of me. Do you not see how dangerous it is when you set a precedent like mandatory vaccinations?

I also hate the way this is being run. It's mandatory, but...you can't do anything with your life. It's sneaky and passive aggressive. "Ok you didn't get it, so no holidays, no cinema, no concerts, no gym etc."

Yes. How about an actual response as opposed to a smarmy, useless question? What makes covid more special than any other disease when it specifically comes to asking someone who's been or loved one has been a victim of said disease? It's the same with any illness, ofc someone affected by it will think differently. I've never been affected by HIV/AIDS but someone who has will obviously be upset by rumours, or unscientific bs being spread. I personally, could give a monkey's toss.

From being asked to wear masks to protect yourself and others, to nazi Germany and killing pregnant jews

****ing hell, I knew there were one or two total twats on here, but this thread is an absolute ****ing treat

Stupid, stupid, ignorant twats

Making any direct/genuine comparison to Jews in camps is ****ish.

However, what drives these utterances is what's dangerous. Yes it's only a mask in Tesco. But you start to slowly give governments mandates to get more and more control when let's face it, nobody trusts the ****ing government anyway.

How do you push people to the edge? One step at a time. Encroach on a right slightly, then stop. Then do it again a bit more, then stop. Then again, push a tiny bit further, then stop and wait. You do that enough, you've pushed people miles back and everything has changed. Right now it's masks, then? Vaccines? Then? Vaccine Passports. Then?

It happened with the German officers in WW2. One step at a time, first they rounded up male jews, then they imprisoned then, and before you know it they were murdering pregnant Jewish women and burying them. One step at a time, they were "just doing their job."

We're not there yet, nowhere near, but it's the ideology that scares the shit out of me. Do you not see how dangerous it is when you set a precedent like mandatory vaccinations?

I also hate the way this is being run. It's mandatory, but...you can't do anything with your life. It's sneaky and passive aggressive. "Ok you didn't get it, so no holidays, no cinema, no concerts, no gym etc."

Yes. How about an actual response as opposed to a smarmy, useless question? What makes covid more special than any other disease when it specifically comes to asking someone who's been or loved one has been a victim of said disease? It's the same with any illness, ofc someone affected by it will think differently. I've never been affected by HIV/AIDS but someone who has will obviously be upset by rumours, or unscientific bs being spread. I personally, could give a monkey's toss.
This says all I need to know. If you’re that far deep, there’s no helping you.

Yes it's only a mask in Tesco. But you start to slowly give governments mandates to get more and more control when let's face it, nobody trusts the ****ing government anyway.
Just in case you wanted my view on people who refuse to wear masks in Tesco...

****s.

From being asked to wear masks to protect yourself and others, to nazi Germany and killing pregnant jews

****ing hell, I knew there were one or two total twats on here, but this thread is an absolute ****ing treat

Stupid, stupid, ignorant twats
Yes you are because you are so blinkered by your own narrow existence that you fail to see what the **** is dangerous in all this.

But, hey, you carry on with the very same thing you criticise others of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669