Leicester City vs Tranmere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought the crowd was disappointing. volume and monotonous chants. not as many as I expected but more than enough to make a noise. Seating needs to be re-arranged to get a better atmosphere to frighten other teams.

Thought the crowd was disappointing. volume and monotonous chants. not as many as I expected but more than enough to make a noise. Seating needs to be re-arranged to get a better atmosphere to frighten other teams.

Quite agree but can't see that happening.

Tear out the seats I say!

Or at least reposition the away fans to the Kop end and then get the rowdies all together and allow the kids the family stand and the prawn sandwich brigade the best seats

This is our best start in 11 years and it matches any start we've made since WWII. Whether you're impressed by that or expected nothing less I'll leave up to you lot. I'm relived.

I think it's vital we set the pace this season. When Tranmere scored you sensed the confidence ebb away from some of the players, but credit where credit's due, on both occasions where we've had a worrying spell in the game we've settled the issue with a goal ourselves. Pearson deserves a lot of credit for getting this bunch to believe they can win games, frankly.

Last edited:
Pearson deserves a lot of credit for getting this bunch to believe they can win games, frankly.

I really got the feel that its no nonsense all the way with pearson, its such a refreshment to just see a manager get his head down and do his job.

Under Holloway there was so much bullshit that came with him, like winning his first game and looking for consecutive wins etc. But with Pearson? No mention of us winning all our home games or an unbeaten run or Ollieisms about matty fryatt being like a cunning little badger after an ice cream.

Just good old football cliches in the post match interviews and work on the training pitch which is starting to show in matches. Unity and belief is some thing i've not seen for a while at leicester, but i think Nige can install it.

Last edited:
Or at least reposition the away fans to the Kop end and then get the rowdies all together and allow the kids the family stand and the prawn sandwich brigade the best seats

That is not going to happen. Because that's where the Police and the Health and Safety people wanted them put to make it easier to get them away from the ground quickly.(And less chance of trouble in a congested area outside the stadium)

tbh when this was first decided before we moved the Club should've made the end next to the away corner the Kop, but they didn't.

I thought we put in a generally poor performance despite the result. The one major positive was more shots on target in this game than previous ones.

On the evidence of the two games I've seen in this division, winning games isn't difficult. We're far from good, yet consistently a bit better than the opposition. Until I see a team(s) with sufficient ability match us, I expect us to romp promotion.

I prefer Martin to Henderson. I preferred Dyer at left back to left midfield. Howard continued to recieve abuse from many around me yet, for my money, was our best player. Oakley and Gilbert were also worthy of a positive mention.

I thought the Tranmere number 5 was the best player on the pitch until Howard whacked him. He then disappeared.

The two most pleasing things for me today were the fact that for the first time in ages, we actually look dangerous from set peices and secondly, that we continued to play for the whole of the game, scoring a goal in injury time, rather than being happy to just sit back on the one goal advantage as we would have done previously.

The two most pleasing things for me today were the fact that for the first time in ages, we actually look dangerous from set peices and secondly, that we continued to play for the whole of the game, scoring a goal in injury time, rather than being happy to just sit back on the one goal advantage as we would have done previously.
Bollocks, I've been sat here bored out of my skull and we had a game I could have gone to!!!!!!!!

Bloody typical.

Bollocks, I've been sat here bored out of my skull and we had a game I could have gone to!!!!!!!!

Bloody typical.

It's the new 7:30 a.m kick off times to prevent crowd trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673