Speculation Leicester refused permission to talk to Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Next Leicester manager

When Sven departed, the quote from the Board was that the new manager didn't have to be a big name, but that he would need a track record in the Championship. One failed play-off semi seems to stretch that criterion somewhat!

Gutted that after two weeks the best they can come up with is going back to Pearson.

I liked Pearson and all but what's the last 18 months been about then?

We've cocked this whole situation up haven't we.

Agreed. And it means there's now no chance of MON coming back.

Source: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11714/7295084/Tigers-deny-Pearson-permission

Sky sources understand Hull City have denied Championship rivals Leicester permission to speak to manager Nigel Pearson.

The Foxes are in the hunt for a new manager after axing former England boss Sven Goran Eriksson.

Pearson has been linked with a return to the club he left for the KC Stadium in June last year, although the Tigers boss has refused to be drawn on rumours.

And it seems the Tigers are determined to keep hold of their man, denying the big-spending Foxes permission to talk to their former boss.

Pearson has proved a hit at the KC Stadium, guiding the Tigers to eighth in the table, just a point behind the play-offs with a game in hand

Re: Pearson refused permission to talk to City?

Please let this come off. I am seriously, stupidly excited by the prospect.

I assume Neville is a big influence on this decision. I now wonder if we wanted Pearson from the start but Pearson made it clear that he wouldn't talk with two matches coming up so soon and/or we decided it wouldn't be fair so decided to wait until the international break. Looks like we've approached as soon as possible to Hull's match finishing.

What does this mean then in reality? That we need to call his mobile phone rather than his office? That we can't appoint him without breaking any rules?

What does this mean then in reality? That we need to call his mobile phone rather than his office? That we can't appoint him without breaking any rules?

That we'll go back in and offer them a bundle of cash if they let him speak to us and he agrees to come back?

Or we speak to him and he resigns.

On the one hand he is the most successful manager we've had for a while.
On another hand I thought Sven was really taking us somewhere.
On the other hand his results over his tenure were awful.
On yet another I don't want O'Neill back.

I suppose, unless I find some more hands, I don't know how I feel.
Why?

If he comes back then he would surely have sought all sort of reassurances about interference and long-termism - I can't see him wanting to put himself up the proverbial creek, with a diminished reputation for loyalty, by being sacked in May for not getting promoted.

I doubt he wanted many hollow reassurances; as long as he has a suitable windfall in place should this he get sacked then I doubt he cares all too much. It may be cynical but it's to be expected given the current tenures of managers.

Have you?

Thought I'd catch up with events and some of the last 7 or 8 pages on this thread have feck all to do with our next manager .
More like a one upmanship.
Sort it out behind the bikeshed after school children.
Let's get back on topic.

Yes I have and I was clearly joking (hence the smiley). Chill yer beans HTB :)

The revised odds on Pearson suggest this might not be as straightforward as some think. He was 4/9 yesterday now he's virtually even money.

No doubt the fact Hull have refused the approach will have an effect on the odds

As others have said.."is this really the best we can do"..Lets not look at the candidate being a "Championship" mananger,aren't we heading for the "Premiership" so lets go for someone with those on his CV,proven ability to manage at the top level,not to be found wanting once we get there.

Does anyone not think that this is all just a ruse by Pearson to get a better deal from 'ull?

Does anyone not think that this is all just a ruse by Pearson to get a better deal from 'ull?

Does sound possible and I'm hopeful everything works out for him.

Gutted that after two weeks the best they can come up with is going back to Pearson.

I liked Pearson and all but what's the last 18 months been about then?

We've cocked this whole situation up haven't we.

Is anyone genuinely surprised that a pair of people with no understanding of the game prior to last season don't have the first clue of how to run a club?

And what happened to Bob Hazel's references to an imminent MON return?

This whole thing has just left me looking at the club with even less affection.

What does this mean then in reality?

It means that as NP is such a principled person there is no way he will break his contract with Hull or simply resign.

As long as Hull refuse us permission to talk to him he'll be staying there.

As someone who said that when we gave him permission to talk to Hull he felt he wasn't wanted, his credibility will be blown away if he just walks away from them.

This whole thing is becoming a fiasco. As it is now obvious he is the number one target it will be hugely damaging to our reputation if we don't get him.

Because he falls out with every board he works with and we can't afford to lose the owners. Because people moaned that Sven had no Championship experience; O'Neill hasn't had any for 11 years, during which time it has changed a lot. Because he'd be off at the first Prem offer to come along

Choose one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670