Pre Match Leicester v Chelsea League Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
James was never a great player for us.

Granted I've only ever seen him on TV but looked to have had a number of decent performances for us. As others have said he is also still young.

Just read on the BBC that the (Frank Burrows inspired) unlucky last minute 4-3 League Cup loss to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge was October 2007. I can't believe that was 9 years ago. I was there that night but missed McAuley's opening goal as there was delays on the tube.

If Carl Cort had won it for us that night he would have been a club legend.

Look through the teamsheet LF we would have been lucky to have had a player of James' class back then.

RIP Márton Fülöp

Look through the teamsheet LF we would have been lucky to have had a player of James' class back then.

I agree. But not now.

I wish him all the best and I hope he regains full fitness and gets his career back on track somewhere else. As DG said, he was an adequate Premier League player at best and we are now aiming for better than that. I also think there's a bit of rose-tinted specs going on here and he wasn't actually as good as some are remembering him.

I agree. But not now.

I wish him all the best and I hope he regains full fitness and gets his career back on track somewhere else. As DG said, he was an adequate Premier League player at best and we are now aiming for better than that. I also think there's a bit of rose-tinted specs going on here and he wasn't actually as good as some are remembering him.
I'm not wearing rose tinted specs. He was playing better than DD at the time, that's why he kept him out the team. That isn't being misty eyed and imagining it happened, it's actually what happened.

I'm also not claiming he was playing like a world beater, just that he was playing as well as many others in our squad, at the time of his injury. The majority of that squad went on to win the Premier League the very next season.

As I said, his injuries may prevent him from playing at a higher level than he was and he might not progress as the others did, but given what happened to DD etc, and given he was at their level pre-injury, why would you not give him the chance others got? Seems a bit odd, to me.

I'm not wearing rose tinted specs. He was playing better than DD at the time, that's why he kept him out the team. That isn't being misty eyed and imagining it happened, it's actually what happened.

I'm also not claiming he was playing like a world beater, just that he was playing as well as many others in our squad, at the time of his injury. The majority of that squad went on to win the Premier League the very next season.

As I said, his injuries may prevent him from playing at a higher level than he was and he might not progress as the others did, but given what happened to DD etc, and given he was at their level pre-injury, why would you not give him the chance others got? Seems a bit odd, to me.

Absolutely spot on

I think the suggestion may be that his starting point in terms of ability will be where he was when he was first injured. Drinkwater has improved because he has been training, playing and been involved. James has just been trying to get well and fit. He has effectively had a 2 year career break.

James IS a good player.

Chelsea fans seem to be taking this match seriously. All tickets, other than a few disabled, have been sold and a special train has been put on from Euston and Watford Junction.

Chelsea fans seem to be taking this match seriously. All tickets, other than a few disabled, have been sold and a special train has been put on from Euston and Watford Junction.
They all follow the Chelsea, over land and sea, AND LEICESTER.

Iv just got 2 tickets loaded on to my season cards for a colleague to go tonight. I presume theres no rule against her swiping in with my ticket. There both adult tickets. Im only asking because there going in the hospitality entrance and i wouldnt want them to get refused. She doesnt look like a Richard.

Bit late with this...

We are sure to rotate heavily whereas Chelsea will probably not. As a result they will have too much for us and gain a comfortable win. Out in the first round of the league cup - fine with me thanks. 3-0 to Chelski.

Bit late with this...

We are sure to rotate heavily whereas Chelsea will probably not. As a result they will have too much for us and gain a comfortable win. Out in the first round of the league cup - fine with me thanks. 3-0 to Chelski.

We've got to the third round at least! ;)

I agree that Chelsea's B team will probably be stronger than ours... However, we've got our own players with a point to prove and maybe a bit more fight than Chelsea's second string.

I don't expect to win, but think the likes of Musa, Gray, etc will be desperate to show why they should get more game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566