Pre Match Leicester V Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with an injury doubt such as Vardy wouldn't be playing for me. Similarly the last time we had three games in eight days, Cambiasso looked fecked in the last one.

Its very different to that Huddersfield cup game. We have numerous players with knocks and injuries. Regardless of opposition, I think there has to be some rotation.

Last edited:
Anyone with an injury doubt such as Vardy wouldn't be playing for me. Similarly the last time we had three games in eight days, Cambiasso looked fecked in the last one.

Its very different to that Huddersfield cup game. We have numerous players with knocks and injuries. Regardless of opposition, I think there has to be some rotation.

Completely agree.

Would be surprised if Vardy and Cambiasso start. And (hopefully) Schlupp to come back in.

Otherwise the same team.

We're in trouble without Esteban against these feckers

Rest NOONE. We've had 1 game a week for the last month....Vardy is the man most likely to lead the charge on the break and draw fouls from Cahill and terry on the turn. Stick someone on hazard and other than that look to play just as we've done recently. A win or point would be massive. QPR dragged them to the last minute and they are shit....

Your mention of Hazard just put a concern in my mind... with the 3-5-2 we've been playing, particularly with Albrighton as the right wing back, that would leave a lot of space for Hazard with no one directly up against him... Wouldn't be surprised if there is a change there perhaps.

They've got full backs that attack and good players in the wide positions with 4-2-3-1 they use, and I'd be concerned in a 3-5-2 that they'll double up against, and find space in behind, our wing backs.

id feel a tad happier if jas would have started the thread ( after starting previous 3) Its dangerous to rest Cambo but in Hammond we have an experienced spoiler who performed well at Stamford Bridge IMO this game is a "free swing" the game in hand with none of our rivals playing. I think NP will seek Cambos advice and let him decide if hes up to playing 3/week, momentum is important as well as a "good hiding" could scuper confidence. It would be dangerous to attack/take them on, but maybe just as dangerous to "park the bus", we have to trust NP, Obviously Id love anything from this game, hoping for a 2-2 Wasly Krameric

Rest everyone we can

Play 4-5-1

Wave our happy clappers

Result is irrelevant, because our points are coming from Newcastle, Sunderland and QPR

Rest everyone we can

Play 4-5-1

Wave our happy clappers

Result is irrelevant, because our points are coming from Newcastle, Sunderland and QPR
I understand where you're coming from, but given the fact we've won 4 on the spin I would hate to see us just roll over and let Chelsea have an easy ride.

If we can make the game scrappy, stop start and a bit ugly there is no reason we can't make it 5 straight wins. Play Vardy and knock it over their full backs into the channels, dragging Terry/Cahill out and get runners from midfield and we have a good chance here.

I'd get Schlupp back in and let his and Vardy's pace cause problems. If we are playing 3-5-2 I would get De Laet in too, his pace is an asset for us. I know De Laet can be a liability defensively and obviously he would be up against a world class operator in Hazard but we could worry for days about the Chelsea side and the threat they offer.

Do our defensive jobs properly, make it scrappy, hit them on the break and it could be 5 straight.

If we win this we could well be 15th and 4 points clear of the bottom three. I still find it baffling that some people think we should rest players for this.

I'd rather rest a few players (if needed) for the Newcastle game, and risk getting 4 or 6 points out of the two games rather than settling for 3.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see what Pearson does here. Personally I think we should just go for it. Chelsea will want to attack us so they can sow up the title. Cambiasso, Vardy and Schmeichel in particular will be integral to our run in but we'd have to be extremely unfortunate to lose any of them to injury in this game and we've got able back ups. Plus we're at home, so **** Chelsea.

Rest players, have a word with yourselves you cowards

I'm also sure that having won the last 4 on the trot, none of our current team would want to be dropped for this game.

3 points for us, nice

Last edited:
Chelsea have drawn 0-0 with Arsenal so they can't win the title on Wednesday.

Not sure whether this makes our chances better or worse.

I think better.

If they could win the title that day, they'd be completely fired up for it and motivation wouldn't be an issue. Instead, now they've got to wait until next weekend at least, hopefully it will dampen their spirits slightly.

Can't believe Chelsea. Against Arsenal they were just playing to save themselves for us on Wednesday. They obviously fear coming here more than playing against the gunners.

The reaction of some of their players at the end of the game, left little doubt they think they've won it already

Can't believe Chelsea. Against Arsenal they were just playing to save themselves for us on Wednesday. They obviously fear coming here more than playing against the gunners.

:icon_bigg

I wouldn't blame Chelski if they parked the deck chairs for their remaining games. They've already won the league so losing to us isn't bad for either side.

A point a piece with no injuries or effort expended could well be a good result for both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566