Pre Match Leicester V Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a lot more concerned about how we do in this game after Hull's win last night...

I'm a lot more concerned about how we do in this game after Hull's win last night...

Nothing has changed

Two wins and we're out of this (possibly a win and two draws), and it has never been likely that the Chelsea game would be one of them

All is good

Believe

#StayingUpWithHomer

Nothing has changed

Two wins and we're out of this (possibly a win and two draws), and it has never been likely that the Chelsea game would be one of them

All is good

Believe

#StayingUpWithHomer

Yeah, but if this is a bad defeat (i.e. 3-0 or 4-0) then it makes the Newcastle game very pressurising, and of course the Sunderland game.

We can actually lose the Newcastle game, people seem to think it's a foregone conclusion which is extremely dangerous.

We can actually lose the Newcastle game, people seem to think it's a foregone conclusion which is extremely dangerous.

Basically, before we beat West Ham people were saying we needed six wins to stay up, and therefore it was basically impossible. So it's really simple: we've had four of the six and we need two more.

Earlier on I thought the points total required to stay up would be ridiculously low, like 31 or 32, but that's gone out of the window now. We've had a four-game winning run; there's nothing to stop Sunderland, QPR, Hull or Burnley doing the same.

Basically, before we beat West Ham people were saying we needed six wins to stay up, and therefore it was basically impossible. So it's really simple: we've had four of the six and we need two more.

Earlier on I thought the points total required to stay up would be ridiculously low, like 31 or 32, but that's gone out of the window now. We've had a four-game winning run; there's nothing to stop Sunderland, QPR, Hull or Burnley doing the same.

Apart from the teams they're playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a couple of comments from me,ive watched every game this season,and id like to say we must go for everything to stay out of the relegation zone ,after the Hull side winning last ,it just goes to show there are a couple of teams, fighting for there lives ,they all want the same as us.,Tonight would be great if we could turn Chelsea over,i also know that every game we can win will keep us up .so tonight ,give the lads all the support you can ,do it the Leicester way.

Doesn't change the fact that the teams they are playing, can actually stop them from winning four in a row.

Granted, you swine

On a serious note I think there is an attitude creeping in here that we are nearly safe and wins are a formality, we have spent the entire season struggling at the bottom.

Tonight is as big as any game remaining, it's an opportunity to get points and it's an opportunity to get beaten convincingly, regardless of what people think that can have an effect on the team.

Lose this and only gain a point against Newcastle and it's seriously in the balance.

Granted, you swine

On a serious note I think there is an attitude creeping in here that we are nearly safe and wins are a formality, we have spent the entire season struggling at the bottom.

Tonight is as big as any game remaining, it's an opportunity to get points and it's an opportunity to get beaten convincingly, regardless of what people think that can have an effect on the team.

Lose this and only gain a point against Newcastle and it's seriously in the balance.

Absolutely spot on.

I hope we go all out tonight, but it's a not a match any of us had down for points. The two games with north-east teams that we are playing in the coming weeks will define if we stay up, especially Sunderland, IMO.

They have one or two more wins in them and that brings with it a lot of risk for us.

Chelsea will want to nail the title as soon as they can - they'll come looking for a win. It will probably be an open game with lots of goals. 2-2

1-1 for me. Kramaric with our goal.

Granted, you swine

Tonight is as big as any game remaining, it's an opportunity to get points and it's an opportunity to get beaten convincingly, regardless of what people think, that can have an effect on the team.

I disagree. Chelsea have lost only 2 League games this season. No-one, but no-one, will have an expectation that this is a game we would ever could or should win.

Our further points will be expected to come from the other 4 matches.

I expect whatever team Nigel puts out tonight will play their hearts out, just like in the previous 33 matches, and will try to win the game, not park the bus to try not to lose it.

IF the referee does not get wrong any possible 'big' decisions in our favour, as many have done this season.

... AND IF any of our team are near their goal, with the ball, and actually manage to hit it hard enough and accurately enough that it has a chance of beating the keeper into the net, unlike on numerous occasions so far this season.

... AND IF we can keep Hazard and few others out of the game, then we could pull off a truly surprising result.

However, if we have 'turned-up' and tried hard, and we were to lose 1-0 or 5-0, I don't think any of the team, management or fans will think we are doomed, or that our run-in has been de-railed, or that we now have little chance of beating Newcastle because we were easily beaten by Chelsea.

The pressure is truly off for us in this game BECAUSE of the previous 4 wins, and the players may play without fear and actually may play far better than in many previous matches.

1-1 for me. Kramaric with our goal.

Hopefully inspired by performing in front of his alleged 'future employers' to get back on the scoresheet.

I think we'll go for this and end up on the wrong side of a 2-3 or 3-4. But carry on the feel good feeling to Saturday, then have a damp squib of a draw as Newcastle surely have to get a point sometime.

I think we have a pretty good chance tonight. Chelsea have not been playing very well for a number of weeks and at some point their luck will change. We need to have a go to maintain the momentum of the last 3 weeks regardless of result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669