Pre Match Leicester v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boozer is going to be over flowing, plastic drinking bastards.

And don't get me started on the plastic parkers, where were they when we were parking last season?

City boss Nigel Pearson has revealed that Marc Albrighton’s fitness is being monitored ahead of the start of the Barclays Premier League season after picking up a knock against Werder Bremen.
The Foxes host Merseyside club Everton at King Power Stadium this coming Saturday, and will be keen to have the former Aston Villa midfielder available for his home debut despite seeing him withdrawn in City’s final pre-season game – a 1-0 friendly win against the German club.

Albrighton has looked sharp in a Leicester City shirt so far this pre-season campaign and has certainly impressed Pearson, but a groin injury sees him join Anthony Knockaert, Matthew Upson and Jamie Vardy on the treatment table, as least temporarily.

Speaking after the Bremen victory, Pearson said: “(We’re) disappointed to pick up a potential injury in terms of Marc Albrighton because I think he’s had a very good pre-season so that’s the only downside.

“It’s groin related but exactly what I don’t know at the moment, we will have to wait and get the scan results.

“We will deal with it – it’s something that happens and I’d rather pick up injuries in games rather than in training so we will have to see how that pans out.”

Alongside Albrighton, Anthony Knockaert and Jamie Vardy have also been receiving treatment ahead of the visit of Everton. Pearson added: “Anthony is not going to be as long as we first thought – it’s still going to be a couple of weeks.

“Jamie Vardy is improving and whether he will be available for next week is, at the moment, a little bit unclear but he’s doing ok - he’s about where we think he should be.

“Matt [Upson] will have to undergo a bit of surgery so he will be a while yet. "I want someone of his quality to do what we want him to do. He is still a really good signing for us and it is frustrating for the lad more than anything else.

"He will have a big impact on the season, I have no doubt in my mind.”

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/110814-pearsons-injury-update-1822104.aspx#30jM5gvMxEVPDyT1.99

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/110814-pearsons-injury-update-1822104.aspx

Last edited:
Everton manager Roberto Martinez is hopeful Romelu Lukaku, Kevin Mirallas and Seamus Coleman will all be fit enough to feature against Leicester City on Saturday - though admits it's still too early to tell.

Lukaku and Mirallas both sat out Sunday's final pre-season friendly at SC Paderborn having only returned to training following their post-World Cup break last week.

Coleman, meanwhile, has missed the last three matches after limping off against Tranmere Rovers with a hamstring problem.

Martinez confirmed all three players will train normally in the build-up to the season's curtain-raiser this weekend and says he will give them every chance to prove their fitness.

"All three are going to train normally with the team today, so we need to assess how they are and how they go through the week before any decisions are made on Saturday," he said. "It's really good to see Rom and Kevin reaching a really good level of fitness so quickly, but we don't know yet if they're going to be ready for the weekend.

"Seamus is training with the team and had the 'all okay' from a scan yesterday, so that's very good news as well."

Another player Martinez is closer to welcoming back is striker Arouna Kone.

The Ivorian hasn't featured since suffering a serious knee injury in October last year but is expected to make his long-awaited return to action before the end of September.

"Arouna is training well and is still in his own programme but he has been working with the team as well," added the Toffees chief.

"We're very positive about Arouna being able to play some sort of competitive football in the next four to five weeks."

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/08/12/martinez-hopeful-over-trio

Roberto Martinez confirms season-long loan deal for Chelsea winger Christian Atsu subject to work permit

Last edited:
Just been looking at the historical stats.......that, coupled with "first night nerves" and no-one wanting to lose the opener.......1-1

Surprised no one has predicted 3-1 to City (B.Smith, Bright 2)

We were third in Div One that evening if I recall.

"A very limited amount of tickets located in Blocks B1 and C1 (West Stand) and the Family Stand are now available for the upcoming match against Everton to supporters with a 2013/14 booking history."

from the OS....doesn't this game kick off on Saturday? The club are being very shortsighted given that they've not managed to sell out before now.

A ****ing booking history,

This really pisses me off, they just don't want to sell the tickets do they. Absolute muppets.

It has ever been thus, and always will be

A complete shambles

Just sell the feckers

As both Homer and Lako have stated surely any remaining tickets available two days before a game should become ''general sale'' on a first come, first served basis.

There are many times when I have gone to a neutral game and bought a ticket the day before the game, why not LCFC?

As both Homer and Lako have stated surely any remaining tickets available two days before a game should become ''general sale'' on a first come, first served basis.

There are many times when I have gone to a neutral game and bought a ticket the day before the game, why not LCFC?

If things go tits up and we become shit again, they might just look back on this as being a poor idea.

When things go tits up and we become shit again, they might just look back on this as being a poor idea.

Fixed for you Fitz. BTW, I'm surprised that they haven't yet asked for DNA samples of those wanting a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669