Pre Match Leicester v Tottenham

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeff
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooper seems to be a down to earth, decent chap. At least he's here and grafting, unlike that piece of shite that legged it out of the place first chance he got.

I also think that the problem in preseason is the exact opposite of what you think it is. I reckon he's too keen to be seen to be 'building on' last season rather than ripping it up and doing it his way.

He's doing ze system of five attacking and five defending, it's just slightly different personnel, i.e. one full back higher and one midfielder deeper.

Our fate will probably be determined by how long it takes before he decides 'feck this' and does what he wants to.
I disagree with most of this post having watched all of the pre-season games.

I've ****ing missed you.

Last edited:
Not a lot of optimism around here is there?
Nice to see you back BN, looking forward to seeing your take on things. I thought some of your comments were very insightful last season. I was happy with Coopers appointment, I'm quite certain he will do a better job than EM, plus we got 10m in the swap. So I should be optimistic..... but I'm not.
Still, being a typical bi-polar City fan I'm sure I can swing from "This is shit, everything is just ****ing awful" to " This is the best thing in my life, including the birth of my first born".

I disagree with most of this post having watched all of the pre-season games.

I've ****ing missed you.

Maybe if watching meaningless preseason games makes you unhappy, you should stop doing it?

So far, the main difference between EM and SC is that EM was extremely rigid in his approach and demanded players do exactly what he instructed. Whereas SC has a similar basic structure but then wants his players to express themselves.

I'm with SC all the way on this. Ze freedom over ze system.

As we approach the start of a new season.
A season that was going to be a big test without any prospective points deduction,
Can I kindly ask all posters to stop the pettiness .
We all have our own opinions
We’re all ****s
You might like your petty bickering , but really, I and probably a lot of others find it tedious and frankly quite boring.

Let’s all get behind our boys in blue and respect each others opinion.

There is this hope that we can do something here…

That Cooperball will be born out of overloading wingers in every position to send Maddison home crying.

Alas, this is Tottenham, and Son is my Triple Captain on GW1.

On the plus side I’m usually shit at FPL so we have a chance.

Maybe if watching meaningless preseason games makes you unhappy, you should stop doing it?

So far, the main difference between EM and SC is that EM was extremely rigid in his approach and demanded players do exactly what he instructed. Whereas SC has a similar basic structure but then wants his players to express themselves.

What makes you think it made me unhappy? It makes me informed.

You clearly haven't watched a minute of any of the games because the system is so far removed from what we saw under Enzo it's untrue. We aren't doing the basics right and we have players who have no idea what their role is. At one point during the Lens game, we had three, count 'em, three players running towards the ball together. Two of them noticed and stopped whilst the other stopped a few seconds later. All three watched the ball roll out for a throw in.

That was one of the better moments.

Like I keep saying, I am not making any judgements about Cooper yet but to ignore completely, the farce that has been our pre-season, is just dumbfuckery. It'll have to get about two million times better for us to have any chance of winning games this season. Let's hope it does.

You clearly haven't watched a minute of any of the games because the system is so far removed from what we saw under Enzo it's untrue.

I have no interest in making judgements based on preseason. However, if as you say, the approach is completely different to that of EM, then I'm instantly a happier supporter.

This season is going to be pretty awful. That would have been the case with whoever we had as manager. The bookmakers think we'll finish rock bottom and it's difficult to argue the case for much better than that.

The recruitment already appears to be random and panicked. We still can't sell the dross bloating up our squad. We're a mess. I think arguing about style of play is way down the list of concerns.

I have no interest in making judgements based on preseason. However, if as you say, the approach is completely different to that of EM, then I'm instantly a happier supporter.

This season is going to be pretty awful. That would have been the case with whoever we had as manager. The bookmakers think we'll finish rock bottom and it's difficult to argue the case for much better than that.

The recruitment already appears to be random and panicked. We still can't sell the dross bloating up our squad. We're a mess. I think arguing about style of play is way down the list of concerns.
I'd just like to add my voice to the welcome brigade & say hello & good to have you back.

My own theory is that you were adopting your other persona as a superhero on another planet for the duration of the summer. Time passes differently on said planet & 20+ years have gone by there while only a couple of months have passed here.
Now that you've succeeded in wiping out crime & corruption you're back to save football. I for one am glad of it.

Welcome Home you ****.

God I’ve missed you BN

Recruitment I agree is random. Good job Cooper and his team have absolutely nothing at all to do with it and don't know anything about any arrivals until they rock up at training.

Good job Cooper and his team have absolutely nothing at all to do with it and don't know anything about any arrivals until they rock up at training.
No one has said that.
You’re continuously making yourself look a fool, so keep going.

I'd just like to add my voice to the welcome brigade & say hello & good to have you back.

My own theory is that you were adopting your other persona as a superhero on another planet for the duration of the summer. Time passes differently on said planet & 20+ years have gone by there while only a couple of months have passed here.
Now that you've succeeded in wiping out crime & corruption you're back to save football. I for one am glad of it.

Welcome Home you ****.

There are certainly a few people that think that I reside on another planet.

Id rather see us selling players than buying them at the minute. Bloated. Take your medicine

Id rather see us selling players than buying them at the minute. Bloated. Take your medicine
Me too. However, there aren't going to many clubs banging our door down to get at Daka, Ward, Coady, Choudhury, Soumare and the like. Realistically, the only players we would have a hope of selling are those that we shouldn't.

Cooper seems to be a down to earth, decent chap. At least he's here and grafting, unlike that piece of shite that legged it out of the place first chance he got.

I also think that the problem in preseason is the exact opposite of what you think it is. I reckon he's too keen to be seen to be 'building on' last season rather than ripping it up and doing it his way.

He's doing ze system of five attacking and five defending, it's just slightly different personnel, i.e. one full back higher and one midfielder deeper.

Our fate will probably be determined by how long it takes before he decides 'feck this' and does what he wants to.
I don't think SC will take long to change, tbf he has had 4 games and that is literally no time at all. The manager needs time and patience from us all and I am not sure that will happen. I have not witnessed any pre season games (unwilling to pay for a friendly) so I am blind sided on how we are doing.

Reading a lot of the posts over the past couple of weeks I get the sense it will take the players time to adjust, hopefully we go into Monday nights game with a high tempo and look to counter attack. Spuds will play a high press on our defence so it will be interesting to see what we do. Hopefully our attack can work hard and look to regain the ball quickly when they inevitably piss around with it at the back.

Just hopeful for a good energising performance to take us into the new season.

Any attempts to move the ball quickly forwards will get my vote.
60 minutes and 200 passes to get a shot in was a pretty turgid system, even if it meant we won 1-0,
I would be happy to be 3-2 up at at HT, and eventually winning 5-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46