Pre Match Leicester v Tottenham

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeff
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just looking forward to not being bored to tears (hopefully).

And we’re going to stuff these Spurs ****s, which will make it even better.

I’m just looking forward to not being bored to tears (hopefully).

And we’re going to stuff these Spurs ****s, which will make it even better.
You watched Forest under Cooper in the PL right?

I hope he does really well and settles things but don't expect anything exciting. He's really not your man if you're looking for that.

You watched Forest under Cooper in the PL right?
Yeah I was at the City Ground when they smashed us the season we were relegated.

They played pretty well.

Yeah I was at the City Ground when they smashed us the season we were relegated.

They played pretty well.
Ah yes. The foundation of one game. Awesome.

I was at a couple of really great performances the season we got relegated.

Great. I’m happy for you.

Glad that’s resolved.

Great. I’m happy for you.

Glad that’s resolved.
Gents, if you could get this off your chest before the season starts it would be great for the rest of us! 😀 :006: :cool:

2-1 home win.

I am frustrated that first match of the season is on a Monday night. First match of the season is all about a sunny afternoon, with a few drinks beforehand, catching up with mates you may not have seen for a couple of months. What a load of old bollocks modern football is.
You going?

I really do fear for those who are blinded by their dislike for Enzo and so think everything will be ok now he’s gone. I can only see a very difficult and embarrassing season.

It was going to be difficult with Enzo in charge and will be even more so now with SC.

IMO we’ll be screaming for ‘boring’ wins after getting smashed the first 10 games.

Hope I’m wrong!

I really do fear for those who are blinded by their dislike for Enzo and so think everything will be ok now he’s gone. I can only see a very difficult and embarrassing season.

It was going to be difficult with Enzo in charge and will be even more so now with SC.

IMO we’ll be screaming for ‘boring’ wins after getting smashed the first 10 games.

Hope I’m wrong!

I really do fear the bombardment of misery from those that bought the Enzo bullshit and, without any evidence whatsoever, will spend the coming months saying it would have been much better under him.

Hope I'm wrong!

I really do fear the bombardment of misery from those that bought the Enzo bullshit and, without any evidence whatsoever, will spend the coming months saying it would have been much better under him.

Hope I'm wrong!
Is that like those who say we would have been beat ten nil in every game if we'd have had Enzo in charge, without any evidence?

Buying into a philosophy that won us the league at the first attempt. Proper bullshit that.

Weird innit?

Hope I'm wrong!
Yep. And then probably blame those that didn’t buy into his bullshit for hounding him out, when the truth is that he’s a little **** that jumped at the first bit of skirt flashed at him.

Enzo wasn't the first manager to get us promoted from the Championship - and sadly - I doubt he'd be the last. Without Vardy or any other goal scorer - can't see us picking up any points from the Spurs match (same even if Enzo was still here)

Yep. And then probably blame those that didn’t buy into his bullshit for hounding him out, when the truth is that he’s a little **** that jumped at the first bit of skirt flashed at him.
I wouldn’t argue the sentiment that he is selfless sh in jumping ship at the first possible opportunity.

The point is though (for me), he had (ze) system and whether we liked it or not, it worked (can’t argue with winning the championship and getting promoted at the first attempt).

Whether this (identical) system would have been employed 100% as is is conjecture along with whether it would have kept us up. What is factual is that in pre-season we seemed devoid of almost everything that we had previously (ze system), I think we can all accept that pre-season friendlies (result and system wise) early on and (result wise only) in the last friendly before a ball is kicked in anger in a competitive match, is not necessarily an exact barometer of how the season will pan out.

What was clear from that last game was though, that we looked in real bother in all areas of the pitch and appeared to have ditched any or all of the good stuff that Enzo created and fostered.’

Anyway, I as all of us, really want this coming season to be a success and by that I mean avoiding relegation.

Hope I'm wrong!

As I’ve already said, and you quoted, I do think we would have struggled under Enzo and I think we will under SC.

My view is I want to win games and stay up. I don’t care how we do it. If SC goes 10 men behind the ball and we grind out 1-0 wins then so be it.

However, as we’ve already seen, and I think we’ll continue to see even if we are losing, is the argument of ‘I don’t care if we lose as long as don’t play like Enzo…’ which frankly is moronic and will be used by those trying to justify silly comments from last season.

I wouldn’t argue the sentiment that he is selfless sh in jumping ship at the first possible opportunity.

The point is though (for me), he had (ze) system and whether we liked it or not, it worked (can’t argue with winning the championship and getting promoted at the first attempt).

Whether this (identical) system would have been employed 100% as is is conjecture along with whether it would have kept us up. What is factual is that in pre-season we seemed devoid of almost everything that we had previously (ze system), I think we can all accept that pre-season friendlies (result and system wise) early on and (result wise only) in the last friendly before a ball is kicked in anger in a competitive match, is not necessarily an exact barometer of how the season will pan out.

What was clear from that last game was though, that we looked in real bother in all areas of the pitch and appeared to have ditched any or all of the good stuff that Enzo created and fostered.’

Anyway, I as all of us, really want this coming season to be a success and by that I mean avoiding relegation.
And that's it in a nutshell. Just because some of us liked what Enzo did and how he went about rebuilding a completely deflated squad, we are all of sudden 'sheep' or 'foolishly buying in'. It's just nonsense.

Celebrating success is neither of those things. Some of us are capable of seeing all of the good and all of the bad. He pissed off at the first sign of a cash bag so for that, **** him. He wasn't always very adaptive and we lost a few games we shouldn't have because of that. But he also inherited a complete mess of a squad which those who are complaining about him, predicted would finish either out of the top 6 or relegated, even though they now bleat on about how great the squad was. They seem to forget this little detail.

Suggesting that getting rid of everything Enzo did is somehow wishing failure in Cooper is, again, crass stupidity. I wish Cooper all the best wn what will be the toughest job if his career to date and I will praise him if and we'll he does good things. I will however, criticise him when he doesn't, especially if that is down to the removal of things that were working for us.

I remember at the start of the season when we were flying and looked unbeatable, there were one or two of the usual suspects saying then that they wanted Enzo gone or that he was shite or that it would all fall apart yada, yada, yada. But if we start really badly this season then any criticism will be completely unwarranted. It's wibbletastic reasoning. Like I say, let's judge everything that happens as and when it happens.

Cooper seems like a really decent bloke and there's no doubt he will really want to do well; he doesn't seem like a man after the cash. That's a good start, but I'll want to see signs of hope on the pitch.

Is that like those who say we would have been beat ten nil in every game if we'd have had Enzo in charge, without any evidence?

Buying into a philosophy that won us the league at the first attempt. Proper bullshit that.

Weird innit?
We were relegated with a mid table premiere league team that massively underperformed. My grandma could have managed us to promotion last season, the gulf in class was massive and was bloody obvious from the outset (view interview with Mark Robbins on the opening game of last season). To back this up further Just listen to Marc Albrighton being interviewed on Talk Spurs he pretty much stated the standard is now a chasm.

Those who stated we would be beaten ten nil every game were looking at things judged on relegation from a league that was of a far higher standard. Maresca made a sound decision to take the LCFC job and he is profited well from it, SC has come into the job with opposite version of Maresca position, I am with BN on this at the moment, I can accept being relegated if our team can go at and have a go and keep us on the edge of our seats, rather than being relegated under a philosophy that was boring and would have been suicidal imo, just look at Burnley last season, the coaching and set up was pretty similar to Maresca, both learnt under Pep who took the philosophy from Cruyff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46