Pre Match Leicester v Tottenham

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeff
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't mind possession football. My issue with EM playing that style last season was that I don't think he needed to, not with quality we had. I think we could afford risks and play a more exciting game and still won by a margin. Having said that, people saying they'd be happy losing but playing an adventurous game.....errm, you may think that until you've lost again, and again, and again, that's not very exciting.

I don't know what to think.

My main reason for being excited about promotion is I get to watch all the games, live, on OPTUS Sport, which is such a bargain down under. And now I'm thinking.....do I want to though.....is it all just going to depress me and put me in a bad mood? Is nobody going throw some crumbs of optomistic comfort? We were better than Scumhampton and Ipswich, so surely we can be better than just one other team ffs?

Come on, I'm easily swayed. I can actually believe both Pop and BN at the same time. Even though they can be in direct opposition with mutually exclusive points. That's how easily swayed and fickle I am. Somebody, please, say something positive.

Ozzie , accept that it’s going to be a long hard season.
Have no thoughts beyond a relegation scrap .
This season is about survival.
Any and every point is to be enjoyed.
We need a team of fighters
We need to get behind the team

Whilst the team and management really ****ed up and got us relegated, the supporters played their part in almost becoming elitist .
Expecting too much, not appreciating what we had, almost becoming football snobs.

This season has to be a new dawning in the Premier league for all.
Forget yesterday it’s gone !

I watched some of the Real Madrid game last night and suddenly worried that actually, combined with the Euros which I thought was incredibly dull, football is losing all edge due to over coaching. It’s actually turning more and more dull.

Only a matter of time before the elite league and clubs disappear in to a new competition which may be hosted abroad as a new league gets formed. Actually, it’s what we did as a nation really by buying in loads of talent to create brand PL. Personally, I think it might be a good thing, as long as we’re not in it!

I watched some of the Real Madrid game last night and suddenly worried that actually, combined with the Euros which I thought was incredibly dull, football is losing all edge due to over coaching. It’s actually turning more and more dull.

Only a matter of time before the elite league and clubs disappear in to a new competition which may be hosted abroad as a new league gets formed. Actually, it’s what we did as a nation really by buying in loads of talent to create brand PL. Personally, I think it might be a good thing, as long as we’re not in it!

Bang on the money there alex.

Over-coaching is killing football.

Have no thoughts beyond a relegation scrap .
Hey, now that is the kind of realistic, positivity I'm talking about. I love, and will take a good relegation scrap. That's much better than being resigned to a pathetic relegation drop. Tbh, if we can just fight to beat Derby's (lol) record, I'll even take that. After all, we are Leicester and promotion chasing, relegation scrapping, Wembley play-offing is what we do. Thanks HTB I'm looking forward to it now.

I do care how we do it.

I would much rather we had 38 exciting, tight games and got relegated than hanging on with 1 point after a year of turgid shit.

None of us have any financial commitment to the club. Really seriously considering that we aren’t going to win the league any time soon, why would you rather grind out dull year after dull year as long as we just manage to stay in a league that by all accounts is ruining football?

I am aware this is not a normal opinion. But I’ve now reached the stage where we’ve seen Leicester win a lot. Without any hope of it happening again, your money is paid to go see some entertainment. Or is that not correct?

So unless we can win the EPL we shouldn’t bother trying staying in it? Just play nice football so the fans don’t boo…

We are clearly in financial trouble, a few seasons battling for safety is a lot better than what relegation might bring.

Results are always the only thing that matter. We got away with going down once, let’s not risk it again just to play whatever fans consider ‘good’ football…

So unless we can win the EPL we shouldn’t bother trying staying in it? Just play nice football so the fans don’t boo…

We are clearly in financial trouble, a few seasons battling for safety is a lot better than what relegation might bring.

Results are always the only thing that matter. We got away with going down once, let’s not risk it again just to play whatever fans consider ‘good’ football…
We’re not going to agree on this, because we have different angles entirely.

I think it’s probably because I’m not a regular goer nowadays so tickets cost me a lot more, but I’d put entertainment value above clinging on to membership of the premier league.

Four days to go, and we appear to be going into this with either:

A. Tom Cannon, who has hardly kicked a ball in any of the pre season matches; or
B. One of our hundred wingers playing out of position as a striker/false nine/some other shit; or
C. An actual real striker being signed at the last minute who hasn't kicked a ball around with any of his team mates

0-72 anyone?

In a season where we all agree every single point is likely to be vital we are going into it unprepared and half baked, by the managers own admission.

Four days to go, and we appear to be going into this with either:

A. Tom Cannon, who has hardly kicked a ball in any of the pre season matches; or
B. One of our hundred wingers playing out of position as a striker/false nine/some other shit; or
C. An actual real striker being signed at the last minute who hasn't kicked a ball around with any of his team mates

0-72 anyone?

In a season where we all agree every single point is likely to be vital we are going into it unprepared and half baked, by the managers own admission.

It's a shambles and only made worse by the fact we have had such an incredibly long time to plan for being in the PL and knowing full well what our financial constraints would likely be. Totally negligent to be going into the season relying on Daka as our main striker.

Its very very strange this.... Almost like we don't really want to sign anyone to play as a striker. Bizarre.

Kasey Jones? Steamin' and a rollin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47